“Always excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brio Tuscan Grille

Brio Tuscan Grille
4720 Piedmont Row Dr, Ste 150, Charlotte, NC 28210-2605 (Barclay Downs)
704-571-4214
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
“Always excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've eaten here many times for business meals but never thought to review it!

When I eat here, it's always at lunch time, so I can't give my opinion of dinner service. However, I have nothing but praise for the lunch service. Brio's is always full to the brim, and with good reason; the food here is excellent! Many people say that it's over priced, but I really don't share this view. Yes, you can get an expensive meal, but there are lots of choices for under $15, and the lunch meals are HUGE! They also have lunch specials for under $9.
My favorites are the salad options, but they're not boring run of the mill salads. They are packed with fresh mixed lettuce, with a variety of cheese, fruits, nuts, and meats. There are also some salad pasta options. Dressing are the best I've ever tasted.
Business guests I've taken there always comment on how good Brio's is, and very often ask to return (even though Southpark area is full of restaurants). The décor is spectacular; classy, but not snobby.

There is a great choice of food to choose from, and sourdough and flatbread (really good) are delivered to the table while you wait. Salads, pasta's, fish, meat, vegetarian. All excellent, I would recommend Brio's to anyone, I've honestly never heard a bad word from people (I know) who've eaten here.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Tucson, Arizona
“A favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great food and wine! Nice atmosphere and nice bar with music. Always a favorite place to visit when I am in Charlotte for business. Good location near the South Park Mall.

Visited May 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Lackadaisical waiter and food poisoning! Don't think I'll be back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We had eaten at this restaurant in Ohio and it was nice. Unfortunately, the one in Charlotte was horrible. The waiter had an attitude of absolute indifference and the food, which I ate very little of, sent me to the hospital with food poisoning. We ordered a drink and the glasses were about 3/4 full which always irks me. When a drink costs $8.50 you should at least get a full glass. The restaurant has a nice ambiance but that's it. We'll never return to this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great service and great food everytime we go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I have gone to this restaurant many times. Whether it's for lunch or dinner, the service is excellent and the food is tasty. There is also a wide variety of choices on the menu. The deserts are fantastic so try and leave some room for them!

Visited March 2013
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
“Great Food, So-So Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We went on a Monday night, so there was plenty of room. Started our visit at the bar where we enjoyed the white peach sangria, a special at $5. These were so good! Our husbands had martinis, and we laughed at the bill, their drinks were twice the price of ours. The outdoor patio was really pretty, too cool at our visit but it would be great in warmer weather. The hostess seated us promptly at a nice, large booth. The atmosphere in Brio is really warm and relaxing, so we settled in for a leasurely meal with good friends. Good thing we were leasurely because the service was slow. Our waiter was trying, but his inexperience was obvious. Several times we had to ask more than once for more bread, more water and so on. However, almost everything we ate was a WOW. Highlights were the Shrimp and Eggplant appetizer, so interesting; a blackend sea bass special served over lightly sauteed spinach and roasted potatoes; artichoke crusted beef medallions (way better than it sounds) in some sort of rich sauce that was amazing; and the Gorgonzola Crusted Bistecca. The Bistecca is normally an 8 oz portion which they cheerfully changed to a 5 oz medallion. It's pretty unusual these days to go to a restaurant (especially a chain) and find this kind of imaginative and fantastic food. We will definately return! With a better trained wait staff, Brio could be a 5 star experience.

• Visited April 2013