“Basil is a must!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Basil Thai Restaurant

Basil Thai Restaurant
210 N. Church St., Charlotte, NC 28202 (Fourth Ward)
704 332 7212
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fourth Ward
Description: Refined Thai Cuisine and an invigorating dining experience in the heart of downtown Charlotte, NC. Basil's infectious atmosphere centers around a prominent glass kitchen as the sound of heat to metal, blade to board and liquid to flame resonate throughout the restaurant. Dine with us and celebrate quality cuisine made with the finest, freshest ingredients.Private rooms and catering available!!
“Basil is a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

The food is absolutely delicious! The atmosphere is great for many occasions, especially date night and the service was outstanding! The restaurant was quite busy, as would be expected on a Saturday night around 7:30ish. However we were seated immediately, without prior reservations, and our server was at our table in no time. Excellent food, excellent overall!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

ny
“Best Thai we have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Can't say enough good things about this place. Charlotte was a horrible city and my trip was horrible. BUT, this restaurant was awesome! From the atmosphere, to the service, the drinks, and of course the food. It was all around beyond great! We eat Thai food quite often, and this was the best!

• Visited May 2011
London, United Kingdom
“If you want some spice, don't think twice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I'm trying to think of catchy titles, sorry about that^^. This is a good restaurant, had a nice pint of beer with a red chicken curry, it came in a huge bowl with another bowl of rice, probably normal to 2 servings back in england! I asked for it medium but wasn't sure it would be hot enough but it was perfect. great flavour, maybe could have done with more vegetables but it was tasty. I was dissapointed that the chicken seemed to be the same sort you'd get in a cheap chinese restaurant, they charge $15 for it so i felt it let the meal down a bit. Overall though if you want some spice, don't think twice! boom!

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Tasty and Trendy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Basil Thai is located in a great, trendy part of Charlotte and the atmosphere in the restaurant fits its location. Although some choose to get fancy, only business casual attire would be necessary. I find the atmosphere relatively laid back.
Great service and friendly staff.
The food is very fresh and delicious. I gave it 4/5 though because I certainly have had better. The portions really are big enough for two!
I recommend Basil Thai.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sanibel Island, Florida
“Incredible Food; Open Kitchen, Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Basil Thai is in a trendy part of town. Just a few blocks from my apartment building. My expectations were realistic since I just returned from southern Thailand. I was not expecting anything special in Charlotte. Thai cuisine is some of the best in the world and I knew that there would be nothing like what I had eaten during my spectacular trip to that part of the globe. However, Basil Thai exceeded my expectations. It is not inexpensive and costs a little more because of it's city location. The interior design is modern, trendy and has open kitchen seating as well as a full bar. I chose to visit on one of the hottest days of the year and truly enjoyed the experience. They do offer outdoor seating but I can assure you...no one wanted to sit outside on this particular evening. Not being much of a drinker, I did look over their martini menu and chose to have a Mango Martini because my long work day was finally over. It had been a rough and tumble week, so I decided to try it to see if I would like it. It was delicious! I ordered a summer roll wrapped delicately in rice paper. It was wonderful. They had authentic selections on their menu and lots to choose from. I settled on shrimp fried rice since it was a palatable entree' on such a hot night. It was a huge serving, non greasy as I prefer and garnished with fresh cucumbers and shredded veggies. What blew me away was the generous helping of jumbo shrimp in the entree'. I lost count of how many there really were in the dish. Most places use the cheapest, smallest salad shrimp to make fried rice. Not here! The shrimp were huge, fresh and perfectly prepared. I loved it. It almost brought tears to my eyes thinking of Thailand. The price was $13.00 for this main dish but it was well worth it for the quality preparation and presentation. It could easily feed two people. I cannot believe that I live within walking distance of this superb restaurant and only tried it for the first time tonight. It's a great choice for anyone living here or going to an entertainment venue in Uptown. I will be back.......

• Visited July 2011