“Gorgeous hotel, but had a few slip ups upon arrival” 4 of 5 stars

$100 Hotel Credit + More
Ranked #12 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Gorgeous hotel, but had a few slip ups upon arrival”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Charlotte on opening night, October 1st. Firstoff the hotel is GORGEOUS and is appointed very well. I work at a high end hotel myself so i consider myself to be pretty picky. However, we experienced a few mess ups upon arrival, which i can somewhat understand because it was their first night, but still, its not what you expect from the Ritz. Firstoff, the gentleman who checked us in, who was very nice ( I won't name him just for the reason that I don't want him to get into any trouble), forgot to write our room number on our key packet. This wasn't so bad, we just called up from the elevator lobby and asked for the room number.

The most upsetting thing was that I had arrainged for an amenity to be placed in the room before our arrival because we were celebrating a birthday. I was really excited because i had arrainged for his favorite beer and some of his favorite foods to be placed in there before. When we got in the room, it wasn't there. I called down, the same gentleman that checked us in said they had a record of it, and it would be up shortly. 20 minutes later, they came with a plate of chocolates..not what i ordered, and no beer. I told the room service attendant about the beer and she said she would be up with it shortly. 45 minutes later, we had not recieved it. By this point I was ready to forget about it, but my boyfriend called down about it, they said it would be up immidiately. It came up about 10 minutes later, making it almost 2 hours to get half of the amenity i had asked for.

Overall I do plan on staying at Ritz-Carlton Charlotte again, hoping that this was a one time occurance and that they will up to speed by my next visit! on a side note, the hotel is located in a great area, plenty of restaurants and nightlife right across the street in the epicenter!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

We just returned from this hotel. We were very excited about staying at this hotel because we are fans of the Ritz Carlton and was very anxious about staying at one that was close to our home.
This hotel was by far my favorite Ritz Carlton. The lobby was gorgeous and at nighttime (due to the "green"ness of the hotel) they lit the lobby in only candles. It was breathtaking and gorgeous.
The room was absolutely the best room I have ever stayed in. We stayed in the Executive Suite with my 7 y/o son and my 10 y/o niece. There were 2 flat screen TV...one in the bedroom and one in the living room. The room was also equipped with a TV built in the bathroom mirror. We were mesmerized by that feature. The bathroom was awesome.
The kids swam in the pool. It was a very nice pool, it is saline treated instead of chlorine treated.
The staff was impeccable. Where my niece stayed with us, my husband wanted to sleep in the pull out sofa, we called the lobby to have the bed made. We went out to dinner and came back to the door. The housekeeper placed my son's Spongebob pillow on the bed with a note saying "Greetings from Bikini Bottom..enjoy the cookies." She had room service bring up milk and cookies later. That touch was so special and we all found that very touching.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely be going back.

The only negative was that it is across the street from Whiskey River which is a bar and the noise at night was very loud! I slept soundly but my husband couldn't sleep from 1a to 2a.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte? Share your experiences!