“Charlotte's Best Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Charlotte's Best Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Incredible. It's everything you expect from a Ritz Carlton property and then some. Top notch service, a macaroon bar, amazing spa and incredible food everywhere! The beds are wonderful and the robes swallow you up and beg you to stay a while. Hand's down the best hotel in the region.

Room Tip: Ask for a Queen's view!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RCCharlotte, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear JBaileyDesigns,

Thank you for sharing your review of our property with the TripAdvisor Community! I am thrilled you enjoyed the amenities and services. We strive to be your "home away from home" when traveling and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

David Rothwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Davis, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Arrived and they did not have my reservation but they did have rooms and quickly got me to a very nice quiet room. Rooms are well appointed, clean, and large. The bathroom very large with both a large tub and a separate walk in shower. Order room service and the dinner was just terrible. The crab cakes tasted like the crab was old and smelled fishy. The brussels spouts had juices that I could not identify but tasted fake. The onion soup tasted out of a box. The only good was the filet. Cooked perfectly and seasoned nicely. I did order breakfast and that was pretty standard. The room service was fast and the delivery folks were extremely nice. In fact all personnel were very service oriented. I would stay here again but not order room service for dinner.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

It just doesn't get any better than this in Charlotte. We were residents there until very recently and stayed a few times for special occasions and a couple of times when our power went out. It's a classic cosmopolitan Ritz yet when I brought my young children in wearing pjs and clutching stuffed animals the staff kicked it into high gear. They brought out the toy wagon and engaged so well with them that they forgot all about the scary storm that had knocked out the lights at home. MANY THANKS! In addition, they upgraded us to an enormous suite just as I was at my wits end with the kids - couldn't have come at a better time!! The valet and front desk staff are top notch and BLT serves a sinfully delicious filet. Also need to mention the spa which I utilized as part of a baby shower and girls day out - not doubt the best in town. Charlotte is lucky to have this hotel at it's city's center!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed during a business trip last week. The Ritz is a lovely hotel located near the central business district of Charlotte. The king bed in our deluxe room was so comfortable. The large marble bath has separate bath and shower. Loved the TV in the mirror which was nice while I was getting ready. We did not dine in the hotel except for room service for breakfast. I have never had food delivered so promptly and the omelet was hot and delicious. The hotel does have BLT restaurant which I love, but our group had planned a dinner meeting at a local restaurant. We did have wine in the Urban Sip Wine and Scotch bar located on the 15th floor. Great wine by the glass while enjoying the view. The hotel staff is friendly and professional and they address you by name. Our baggage was delivered to our room promptly and our car was ready upon our departure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

If you want a special night out with your loved one or looking for top of the line stay at the Ritz . I booked for my fiancee's Birthday and upon on arrival they gave us champagne at the door which was nice. They upgraded me to the executive suite since i am a platinum member which was very spacious and great views on the 15th floor. Make sure you check out the pool with the nice views of charlotte skyline. As for noise there wasn't much noise that we heard but note this hotel is located in the City so there is a greater chance for it . It convient because its located in the heart of the city and plenty of places to eat within walking .

The concierge was nice and very helpful in making her birthday very special and sent up a bottle of Champange and a small cake for her birthday .

The bed was amazing and comfy.

Live music in the lounge on weekends first come first serve and Bar cocoa is a must try .

Room Tip: Executive room can sleep up to 4 because it has a couch with a pull out bed. Urban sip is located...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

If you don't mind blaring music, this is a good hotel. Otherwise look elsewhere. Extreme music across the street. Called the front desk and they said they would call someone about it. That was a bunch of blah blah blah. Also arrived with fingernail in the bed. Nasty. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stay here several times a year. Lovely hotel in the round, but this time my visit was less than great.

Problems included laundry going missing, then turning up damaged, and then being lost.

Breakfast here is very nice, but today I could not get anyone to give me some coffee, despite three staff standing chatting twenty feet from me. As I tried to get their attention, I noticed one of them repeatedly wiping her nose on her hand, then her hand on her shirt. Yeuch!

Rooms still lovely, and bathrooms spectacular, but there are some problems with customer service that I can't ignore.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte? Share your experiences!