“Absolutely Fabulous !” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Absolutely Fabulous !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife accompanied me during a business trip in Charlotte, so I treated her to the Ritz -Carlton downtown. A bit pricey....but as they always say..."you get what you pay for". From the moment we checked in we were both amazed at the decor, charm and the hospitable staff. Our suite, on one of the higher floors, was very large and furnished beautifully. The Charlotte skyline view was amazing!

The hotels location is perfect regardless of the reason your visiting. Business centers, sports arena's, shopping, restaurants and nightclubs are conveniently located near the hotel. Everyone, from the management to the cleaning staff bent over backwards to make sure our stay was one we would not forget.

I played hooky from a meeting and we enjoyed being pampered and relaxing at the spa. Afterwards, we enjoyed sitting back in the bar and enjoyed several glasses of great wine before venturing out for dinner. This is a must try hotel while visiting the Charlotte area. What started out as a treat for my wife ended up as a treat for me as well. We will certainly be returning!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to enjoy the skyline
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family stayed here this past weekend and had a wonderful experience. The staff is exceptional! We really enjoyed the manager's reception and also the hotel's proximity to several types of restaurants.

We found the hotel itself to be very quiet, but the other reviews about the noise from the clubs across the street are accurate. We were on an upper floor and it was still very loud. I can't take away a star for this because it is out of the hotel's control, and the white noise on the radio worked very well and we had an excellent night's sleep. I was so glad I read about it here beforehand!

The pool area is very peaceful, with cushioned chairs facing out so you can see the city.

The room was spacious and comfortable. We ordered room service for breakfast and it was delivered within the twenty minutes promised by a very nice server. We look forward to having the opportunity to stay here again some time.

Room Tip: If you can't get a room on the opposite side of the Epicenter, use the white noise on the radio...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms are wonderful, the staff is attentive and helpful, the bathroom is amazing (larger than some NYC apartments) and the popovers at BLT steak and their salads are addictive.

Better than being home!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This truly is the best hotel in Charlotte. We stayed here a year ago and had problems with the noise from the night club across the street. We made a point of asking for a room on the other side of the building this time and thoroughly enjoyed our stay this time. The doormen and front desk staff are exceedingly friendly and helpful. We were fortunate enough to be given glasses of champagne as we waited in line to check in for our weekend stay. My son was thrilled that a they set up an ice cream stand in the lobby. The rooms are spacious, very comfortable, and well appointed. The lobby bar and Urban Sip both offer terrific settings to unwind, people watch, and enjoy a glass of wine or three. The pool area is beautiful. We enjoyed the complimentary smoothies on Sunday morning. Can't say enough good things about the hotel.

Room Tip: There's a $10/day parking garage across the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am a fan of the Ritz-Carlton brand. I have to admit that when I entered the Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte I was pleasantly surprised by the modern nature of the decor as well as the energy of the guests and staff. My suite was large and well appointed but there was an odor of cigarette smoke in this non-smoking room. I immediately contacted the front desk expressing my displeasure. The staff could not have been more apologetic and quickly had me relocated to another suite. The remainder of the stay was typical Ritz-Carlton; customer focus, with all my needs addressed at a world-class level. The property is centrally located, great if you have meetings downtown or if you are attending a Charlotte Bobcat game.

This property will be my first choice whenever I visit Charlotte.

Best Regards

Heyward Damon, Jr.
President & CEO
Damon Executive Event Planners,LLC

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I made a last minute reservation this past weekend while in Charlotte for a friends birthday and I am so glad I did. I plan to return again and again. I am a huge fan of Ritz Carlton and I have to say this is the best of the best. Service was amazing from the time I checked in until check out and each and every person made me feel not only welcomed but appreciated. I was invited to the managers reception with I checked in and it was amazing. The reception featured cheeses from North Carolina and various wines. The staff was extremely knowledgable and professional. I cannot wait to stay at this property again.

Room Tip: I would suspect any room would be a great room. My room faced a nightclub and I while I heard some n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

lovely hotel, top class service combining southern charm with 5 start efficiancy. Food was excellent but room service menu was limited. There was quite a lot of noise from across the street ( I was on 3rd floor at the front) so low marking for sleep quality. Also, being tall I noticed that the top shelves in the wardrobes were not being dusted right into the back.

Minor things these, overall the best hotel in the area by quite some margin.

Room Tip: avoid lower floors at the front of the hotel due to noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte? Share your experiences!