“Nice!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne
“Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

My wife and I stopped here for two night over Easter.The city was incredibly quiet.We arrived on Good Friday having travelled for almost 24 hours from Melbourne,Australia.It was great to arrive there and be given a very comfortable room by efficient staff.Our room was spacious with a large and modern bathroom.We had drinks in the lobby bar which was busy and fun.Its a new hotel (2 years old) so it still looks fresh.The conciege was excellent helping us with a terrific dinner reservation after our long trip.LUCE is Italian,close bye and excellent - recommended.My only complaint is I booked on line several weeks ago.When I noticed the hotel was so quiet I checked what the current rate would be and it was about a third less than I was paying by booking ahead.This was not a happy feeling and makes you wonder what is the best way around this problem.The hotel wouldn't cut the rate on my second night as it had been prebooked. The Ritz Carlton is more boutique size and is well located.We had no complaints and would return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

To start this Ritz is located right next to the Epicenter Charlotte which is a block of restaurants, bars, clubs, a theater and numerous other entertaining things to do and is great of people watching. It is also about ½ a block from the arena so perfect if you are attending a game. This is the plus but also the minus. Be sure to ask for a room that does not face the Epicenter if you want to rest. You can hear the club’s bass all night until they close.
The service was great overall. I do enjoy relaxing in the bar downstairs. There is always live entertainment in the evening and the bartenders and staff are great.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

Amazingly perfect stay- everything was EXCELLENT! Attentive staff, excellent in room dining, wonderful rooms. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that end in -09...noisy ductwork
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for the weekend while in town visiting friends. We had noticed it mentioned in the media quite a bit and were really looking forward to experiencing it ourselves. Upon arrival on a Friday afternoon, we warmly greeted by the friendly and, might I add, sharply dressed doormen who escorted us to the front desk area. Right in the lobby we were treated to some complimentary homemade ice cream in mini waffle cones - a welcome surprise!
It was about 4 pm so we decided to relax in the lobby for a little while with a cocktail in the bar. We enjoyed our organic margaritas and the people watching - clearly this is a great spot to be in uptown Charlotte.
Our suite was overlooking the EpiCentre but we did not have any issues with noise (as some other reviewers have mentioned). The sound machine was a nice touch that made us very happy as we use one at home and always forget to bring it with us when we travel. If anything, we enjoyed the view and all of the activity going on in this part of town. The suite itself was beautiful. From the TV in the bathroom mirror to the nice amenities, we felt pampered and very comfortable.
Saturday morning we spent time in the fitness center and pool before relaxing in the hot tub. It was a chilly and rainy day in Charlotte so we loved being able to unwind and indulge in room service while in the pool area.
Saturday afternoon we walked around the city to check out some museums and shopping - there is so much to do within walking distance of the hotel. Don't miss the Mint Museum of Art.
I think what made our stay even better was the professional, friendly staff. They are approachable and knowledgeable and we loved our interactions. We even met the general manager, David Rothwell, as he spent time in the lobby Saturday afternoon with guests.
If you plan to visit Charlotte, this is the place to stay. And even if you don't have plans to visit Charlotte, you should go just to experience a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Forest City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Best Hotel in Charlotte...hands down. Flawless service, beautiful suite, and a surprisingly low weekend rate. After staying at other downtown Charlotte hotels such as the Dunhill and the Westin I will always make the Ritz my first choice in the future.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

What a delight. I stayed here for a work conference in February, 2011, and I was highly impressed with every aspect of the hotel.

Service-wise, it was everything you'd expect from the Ritz-Carlton, from doormen that warmly greeted you every time you entered and exited the hotel to highly responsive front-desk staff. Just one example: as one of the hosts of a meeting at the hotel, I arrived in the meeting facility early to do some last-minute preparation before the meeting began. A staff member saw me enter and immediately asked if he could bring me coffee and some pastries. He returned a few minutes later with these things, actually on a silver platter! Truly "wow" level service from everyone I encountered.

The room was AMAZING. It was enormous, with an extraordinarily comfortable beds, curtains that completely blacked out the room, an ample working space, and all of the nice touches you come to expect at hotels like this, from shoe horns to fabric laundry bags to nice, wide hangers that help your suit hang well. The bathroom was especially impressive -- nice shower, deep soaking tub, 2 sinks, and a TV built into the bathroom mirror! It really was a sort of "retreat" feel -- when you entered the room, even after a stressful day, you couldn't help but feel pampered.

It's worth nothing that, as a newer Ritz, this is a design departure from the "classic" Ritz-Carlton look. From my perspective, that's a welcome departure -- this hotel was very modern in its styling (although not so modern as to lose the posh touches and luxurious fabrics, etc., that set apart the Ritz) and, I thought, felt less "stuffy" than some of the other Ritz-Carlton properties I've visited. The lobby was on the dark side, but buzzed with activity. I had breakfast in the BLT restaurant on-site; although expensive, the food and service were excellent.

All in all, highly recommended -- truly lived up to the Ritz reputation. If only you got to stay in hotels like this all the time!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Madiera Beach, Fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

My best friend and I did a short weekend stay Friday-Sunday; our first time in Charlotte and in this hotel. It was beyond amazing and we plan to return regularly. It’s the Ritz, so it’s expensive but truthfully I have stayed at other hotels which were more expensive or the same- and it’s really beyond compare.

My room rate was 305.00 a night- and included valet parking (30.00 a night) and the Carolina breakfast for two (20.00 each).

Everything about this hotel was amazing. The staff was beyond helpful, pleasant, and overall friendly. At check in, were served a glass of champagne. Check in could not have been easier and the staff was incredibly helpful.

Our room was spotless, beautiful, and roomy. Great closet space (two)…. All the amentias you could want- including a coffee station and a place to charge your phone. All lamps and lights had dimmers- including an area where you can push a button indicating you are ready to have your room cleaned or turn down service.

The bathroom was large, double marble vanities and a built in flat screen TV in the mirror. Separate (large) all glass shower, separate tub, and large area that were closed off and separate from the toilet. Again, light dimmers- great bathroom.

The lobby had a great overall feel to it… not pretentious- just very comfortable and great service. Nice bar and on Saturday night had a relaxing jazz like band- really good. BLT Steakhouse is on premises and if you stay there would defiantly recommend. Food and service is excellent!

We loved the spa area… the top floor is a “aqua lounge”- a great pool, comfortable (padded) lounge chairs which overlook the skyline and have ceiling to floor windows- relaxing music and the pool was great. I had the best massage I have ever had (Tiffany) - and the general area was relaxing and very serene and high end. They have an amazing shower and have all the amenities you could want.

The only complaint I could really say is like what other reviewers wrote- there is a club (several bars and such) across the street which don’t close until 2am- and are very, very loud. (There is a white noise machine in the room which helped). I mentioned it at the front desk… apparently there is no noise ordinance in this area- so it was loud.

However, the one night we did go clubbing and it was nice to just walk across the street. Plus, it was the weekend. I’m not sure I would have been able to tolerate it though if I was there for work and needed a good night sleep.

Housekeeping was beyond compare- really, everything was just fantastic and I could recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a fantastic stay! Loved this hotel!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte? Share your experiences!