“Ordinary venue, spectacular food” 5 of 5 stars

(704) 525-2408
Improve this listing
Ranked #105 of 1,848 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Vietnamese
“Ordinary venue, spectacular food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very authentic vietnamese cuisine in a very ordinary space. do not be put off by the location or building this place is a gem in the rough. We dined here for lunch last Sunday and really enjoyed the quality of the food. If I lived close I would eat here often. Over the top service as the owner/chef came out to make sure we were satisfied and the table staff was very attentive.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New York City, New York
“Delicious in a Simple Setup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

With a full menu I recommend chicken and shrimp&pork Vietnamese-style summer rolls. The dining room is open and surrounded by outer walled windows opening to a strip mall parking lot while sitting in simple tables and chairs.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
York, South Carolina
“Clean, friendly, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We visited Vietnam Grill after reading the good reviews. 3 of us went for a late lunch on Saturday. The restaurant was fairly crowded. We experienced friendly and prompt service. The menu had quite a few choices, and not being well versed in Vietnamese cuisine made our selections more of a guess. We were all more than satisfied with our meals. The food was fresh and tasty. Don't be turned away by the outside appearance and location of the building. We will return soon to guess at some other menu choices.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Yummy and the restaurant smells just as good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family was dining across the street last week and while I have passed byVG before, I don't remember passing by later in the evening with all the lights on. I read other reviews on this site and had to try it. Service was very fast and efficient. My daughter was a little concerned but she ordered the Pho and was so happy after that. Spouse got the chicken curry and I had fried noodles with tofu. All was very hot so the hardest part was waiting for our food to cool long enough to eat it. We will be back soon to try other dishes. Yummy.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“The atmosphere is light and clean. The food was excellent, and i will go back very soon.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I would tell my friends, go eat here and and go for lunch or dinner. I really was surprised considering it looked very much like a diner. Once inside, it was warm and seemed nicer than my initial reaction of, oh no, it looks like a noodle place. We had amazing soup, squid and the ingrediants were of high quality. Fresh basil and sprouts. Real lemongrass. Nice touch.

• 4 of 5 stars Food