“Still A Favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Austin TX
“Still A Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

Always clean. Always pleasant. More than a place to crash for the night. On this trip, front desk staff took the time to: 1) ensure a place for us to easily park our trailer and a room from which to see it and 2) replace the ink cartridge on the printer so we would have clean printouts.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

I normally stay at Choice properties, but seeing as how this was the top rated hotel in Charlotte and convenient to Northlake Mall, I chose the Drury for my annual Black Friday shopping trip/hotel stay. It's situated within walking distance of the mall and numerous restaurants inside the mall and out.

The property is a year old or less, and looks like it. Everything is clean and wear is minimal. The decor, with plenty of marble, looks and feels like a 4-star hotel. The entire staff, from Antonio at check-in to Jackie at the manager's reception, were friendly and always helpful when I had a question or suggestion.

There is one noteworthy change from the previous reviewers, and that's concerning the evening manager's reception. Don't worry; it's even better now. They still have the free snacks and alcoholic beverages, but they've added hot food items. The menu changes nightly from chicken strips to wings to hot dogs and chili - all still free. Breakfast was the same, with plenty of hot and cold items to choose from. It's a bit crowded in the breakfast area in the morning, but that's understandable given how good breakfast is here.

The room (710) was nice and quiet, everything clean and in good working order. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom had a rich marble decor not unlike the lobby. There's a HD flat-panel TV that's easily the best hotel room TV I've ever seen. I didn't bring my laptop, so I can't comment on the Wi-fi. However, other guests seemed to have no problems with it.

By booking online through Drury's website, I was able to get this impressive room and the free food for $63.99 - even with tax, that's still less than $75. Easily one of - if not THE best hotel value in my years of travel.

The Drury Inn Northlake is a beautiful, professionally run hotel that's also an incredible value. They've got a winner here and I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

My husband and I planned an improptu weekend getaway to Charlotte and I looked on TripAdvisor and saw that the Drury Inn & Suites Northlake was rated #1. I can definitely see why. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. My husband said it was the quietest hotel he has ever stayed at. We felt like we had the whole 4th floor to ourselves. We stayed in a jacuzzi room, Room 430. The room was immaculate. The lady working at the front desk when we arrived on Friday night (sorry I forgot her name) was so nice. She helped with restaurant suggestions and even gave us coupons for a free appetizer at Bravo and also at Firebirds. The hotel is right across from Northlake Mall (beautiful mall) and just close to everything. We loved the location. This will be our hotel of choice from now on when visiting Charlotte.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Novi, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

We were in the hotel with our teenage daughters' swim team. We came with twenty other families from her team. Every family commented on what a nice hotel this is - inexpensive, clean and beautiful. The bathrooms are large with marble counters. We had a suite with two queen beds and a separate room with a couch bed, comfy reclining chair, nice tv, and small kitchen area with microwave, sink and refrigerator. We - a family of four - were there a week and were always comfortable. Everything seemed new and worked perfectly. The pool and lobby area gave the teens a great place to hang out. The hotel is on the outskirts of a large mall, easily within walking distance. The immediate area is wooded and pretty and there are lots of places to eat a short drive away (or in the mall). The hotel provides a great free breakfast every morning and cocktails and snacks every afternoon. The internet connection is great, the business center is always open and the people at the front desk are friendly. I seriously can't think of anything that could be improved, especially for the price we paid. Check out the historic plantation and raptor center a few minutes away. It's also a short drive to the very nice Huntsville Swim Club.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
NW Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

Beautiful new hotel in the center of all the Charlotte area has to offer. I am actually sending this review from the hotel :) Impressed with everything in the hotel from the staff to the impeccably clean rooms!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We came to Charlotte for our nephew's wedding and picked Drury because it was centrally located between the wedding location and family living in Charlotte. First impressions are always the most important, and they definitely delivered. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Walking through the lobby, there is always someone there to greet you with a smile. When we arrived we were upgraded to a suite for $10 more per day. The rooms were large and had an open layout. As mentioned in other reviews, the freebies are fantastic. The breakfast is amazing - if you leave hungry, there is something wrong with you. They offer free popcorn, chips, veggies and dip in the afternoons. Each adult receives a ticket for 3 complimentary drinks each evening. The hotel is across the parking lot from the Northlake Mall and there is plenty of restaurants in the area. We had a very enjoyable stay and will stay there again next time we are in Charlotte.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
High Point, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

In short, this hotel was a pleasant surprise. Brand new, excellent decor, free full breakfast, free snacks/beverages, nice rooms... need I say more? We chose this hotel at first because it is on the grounds of the Northlake Shopping Center - we wanted to be within walking distance of shopping, dining and entertainment, and this hotel immediately met that need. I stayed at another Drury some years ago and already had relatively high expectactions, but this particular location exceeded them!

I was initially impressed by the decor of the hotel, especially the grand entryway with marble all over. Perhaps because this hotel is brand new everything is clean and presentable, but the overall appearance and cleanliness is magnificent nonetheless. The front desk staff was very helpful, patient as they checked me in and answered every question I had and provided other useful information. After checkin, I had to take a peek at the HUGE breakfast area - my mouth watered with anticipation of the next morning so I could try it out.

The room was very nice, especially the bathroom. Much like the lobby, the bathroom had the same marble floors and counters, as well as a very nice shower and the bathroom overall was quite spacious. The room itself was spacious as well, even with a desk and recliner and chest (which the flat panel tv sat on and housed the microwave, refrigerator and drawers). An added benefit was the shades which quite effectively blocked the sunlight so we could sleep in.

The breakfast turned out to be nice. Unlike most hotels which only offer continental selection, we were able to partake of belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, buscuits & gravy, as well as some continental fare (cereal, bagels, donuts, toasts, fruit, etc.). In addition, I believe what truly sets this hotel apart are the complimentary snacks and beverages from 3-10pm daily! During this whole time there is free popcorn and fountain drinks. From 5:30 - 7pm, there are also additional snacks (nachos, chips, carrots, celery, dips, etc.) and alcholic drinks if that is your preference.

My only complaints (and I really have to dig for these) were the pillows were too soft for our tastes, we could hear the elevators and conversations in hallway, and there were no weights or resistance machines in exercise room - only cardio machines.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially for the free breakfast, snacks and beverages/drinks. Additionally, the fact it is on the shopping mall/commons grounds as well as convenient to the highway (I-77) and Harris Blvd.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake? Share your experiences!