“Great Location, Rates, and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6920 Northlake Mall Dr, Charlotte, NC 28216   |
Ranked #6 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Location, Rates, and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times, in travelling to one of our offices is nearby. The fact that is adjacent to a mall, right off 77, and near several places to eat is a big plus. In addition the rates are very reasonable, and the staff is very friendly. Not to mention the free snacks/drinks available, as well.

Room Tip: Book early. Rooms away from elevators are less noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Planning a trip with a large dog can be a challenge, so when I spotted the Drury Inn, who take pets with no fee, I snapped up a room. when we arrived, we were blown away by the over the top (in a good way) friendly staff - my family doesn't greet me as warmly. we'd arrived just before the end of the dinner snack, but the staff took us over to make sure we could grab some food and (free) drinks before they shut down. We were amazed out how nice our room (king suite) was - huge, comfortable, clean and cozy. The dinner "snack" turned into our dinner, saving us going out after a 7 hour drive. The breakfast was great, plentiful and delicious. There were many dogs of all sizes, and no problems with any. We wished we could have stayed longer, but had to hit the road. we'll be looking for other Drury Inns for our trip home, and hopefully have as great a time.

Room Tip: The elevators seemed slow, and the stairs couldn't be found, so i'd try for a lower floor if...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. In the Northgate mall parking lot. Hotel is clean and well organized. The free snacks are good and plentiful. What truly sets this apart is the staff. I stay over 90 nights a year in hotels and this hotel has the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever run across. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great Hotel and great Customer service. Room was spotless and bed was very comfortable after a 16 hour drive. Will stay there again and recommend to my friends. The lobby is beautiful, the staff never forgot to smile and speak.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
East Lansing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at the Drury for three nights in early January. The reviews from TripAdvisor were right on! The front desk staff were always attentive to my needs and requests and they were always willing to do anything to make my trip a pleasant one. I was there on a leisure trip and the staff continuously tried to find the best restaurants in the area to visit and they always asked about my meals when I returned to the hotel. The staff made this trip an even better experience!!

The hotel is located in a wonderful area. RIght next to a great mall and some great places to eat. But, why go out to eat? The breakfast buffet and the dinner buffet were outstanding! It is the best deal in town! When I say, breakfast and dinner buffet, that is exactly what that was. Great varieties in the morning and evening. There really is no need to eat out if you do not want to. The food alone is well worth the stay.

As for the room? Wonderful. I did have a larger room up on the 6th floor, and the living area and the bedroom areas were extremely clean and housekeeping did a wonderful job each day. The private bathroom had plenty of counter space and the towels were nice and thick. The only recommendation that I would have is that the hotel chain invest in some better shower gel and shampoo for the re-fill dispensers in the shower. The dispensers are a great idea, but the shower gel and shampoo never lathered up, which leads the residents to use a lot more shower gel / shampoo just to get some lather going. Minor detail, but it may save some money in the long run.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting in the area.
Thank you for a wonderful experience. See you next time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

From the moment we stepped inside until the moment we left this hotel was perfect. I'm a very hard to please person when it comes to hotels. I am a clean freak. This Drury Inn was a clean freak's paradise. The lobby is beautiful, the staff never forgot to smile and speak. The lady at the front desk got us registered in less than 5 minutes and even remembered our names every time we came through the lobby. The room we had was a two room king suite with beautiful decor and up to date furnishings and flat screen tvs in both rooms. The bedding was very nice and the mattress was so comfy! The bathroom was sparkling clean with the best lighting I have ever seen in a hotel. Housekeeping did a very good job of cleaning. I couldn't find one speck of dust. They have a business center, laundry facitlities, pool and exercise room although we didn't use them a lot of people were. They have a great breakfast buffet with a good assortment of food.... oatmeal, make-your-own waffles, eggs, great hashbrowns, non-typical hotel gravy, biscuits, assortment of donuts, muffins, cereals, yogurt, breads and fruits, and a 5:30 kickback with drinks and appetizers that is more like dinner. There is also a great assortment of restaurants within walking distance and it's across the parking lot from Northlake Mall. There is just nothing missing from this hotel. I will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NORTH CAROLINA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This stay was great! Not only do you have a wonderful hotel to enjoy, you have plenty of shopping and eating within walking distance. The hotel staff is VERY friendly and I was quite pleased with everyone's attitude. My room was clean and I was impressed with the overall appearance of the hotel. If I had to mention one small snafu it would only be that I had to clean off the glass table next to the bed. However, no big deal everything else was quite nice. The afternoon kickback with FREE food and drinks was a big plus. My family was in town for a basketball game and I know we saved about $50.00 since we were able to eat FREE hotdogs and nachos before the game. This was my 2nd visit and this stay was much better than the 1st. Although, my 1st visit was a little swayed due to a larger crowd of people in town for a family reunion during summer vacation. My displeasure on that visit was primarily due to the aggrevation with the guests not the hotel. Therefore, my husband and I decided to visit again and we were both happy that we did!! Thanks to the Drury Inn staff for their hospitality we will back again.

Room Tip: My room was a double queen which did not have a refrigerator or microwave so please inquire prior to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake? Share your experiences!