“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Oshawa, Canada
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great Hotel and great Customer service. Room was spotless and bed was very comfortable after a 16 hour drive. Will stay there again and recommend to my friends. The lobby is beautiful, the staff never forgot to smile and speak.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
East Lansing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at the Drury for three nights in early January. The reviews from TripAdvisor were right on! The front desk staff were always attentive to my needs and requests and they were always willing to do anything to make my trip a pleasant one. I was there on a leisure trip and the staff continuously tried to find the best restaurants in the area to visit and they always asked about my meals when I returned to the hotel. The staff made this trip an even better experience!!

The hotel is located in a wonderful area. RIght next to a great mall and some great places to eat. But, why go out to eat? The breakfast buffet and the dinner buffet were outstanding! It is the best deal in town! When I say, breakfast and dinner buffet, that is exactly what that was. Great varieties in the morning and evening. There really is no need to eat out if you do not want to. The food alone is well worth the stay.

As for the room? Wonderful. I did have a larger room up on the 6th floor, and the living area and the bedroom areas were extremely clean and housekeeping did a wonderful job each day. The private bathroom had plenty of counter space and the towels were nice and thick. The only recommendation that I would have is that the hotel chain invest in some better shower gel and shampoo for the re-fill dispensers in the shower. The dispensers are a great idea, but the shower gel and shampoo never lathered up, which leads the residents to use a lot more shower gel / shampoo just to get some lather going. Minor detail, but it may save some money in the long run.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting in the area.
Thank you for a wonderful experience. See you next time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

From the moment we stepped inside until the moment we left this hotel was perfect. I'm a very hard to please person when it comes to hotels. I am a clean freak. This Drury Inn was a clean freak's paradise. The lobby is beautiful, the staff never forgot to smile and speak. The lady at the front desk got us registered in less than 5 minutes and even remembered our names every time we came through the lobby. The room we had was a two room king suite with beautiful decor and up to date furnishings and flat screen tvs in both rooms. The bedding was very nice and the mattress was so comfy! The bathroom was sparkling clean with the best lighting I have ever seen in a hotel. Housekeeping did a very good job of cleaning. I couldn't find one speck of dust. They have a business center, laundry facitlities, pool and exercise room although we didn't use them a lot of people were. They have a great breakfast buffet with a good assortment of food.... oatmeal, make-your-own waffles, eggs, great hashbrowns, non-typical hotel gravy, biscuits, assortment of donuts, muffins, cereals, yogurt, breads and fruits, and a 5:30 kickback with drinks and appetizers that is more like dinner. There is also a great assortment of restaurants within walking distance and it's across the parking lot from Northlake Mall. There is just nothing missing from this hotel. I will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NORTH CAROLINA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This stay was great! Not only do you have a wonderful hotel to enjoy, you have plenty of shopping and eating within walking distance. The hotel staff is VERY friendly and I was quite pleased with everyone's attitude. My room was clean and I was impressed with the overall appearance of the hotel. If I had to mention one small snafu it would only be that I had to clean off the glass table next to the bed. However, no big deal everything else was quite nice. The afternoon kickback with FREE food and drinks was a big plus. My family was in town for a basketball game and I know we saved about $50.00 since we were able to eat FREE hotdogs and nachos before the game. This was my 2nd visit and this stay was much better than the 1st. Although, my 1st visit was a little swayed due to a larger crowd of people in town for a family reunion during summer vacation. My displeasure on that visit was primarily due to the aggrevation with the guests not the hotel. Therefore, my husband and I decided to visit again and we were both happy that we did!! Thanks to the Drury Inn staff for their hospitality we will back again.

Room Tip: My room was a double queen which did not have a refrigerator or microwave so please inquire prior to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had stayed at other Drury Inns, but not this one. Located right off I77, literally. We prebooked. The service personnel at both the front desk and elsewhere were simply fantastic. Not only very service-oriented, but generally friendly and upbeat. Room was clean, comfortable, and had all the conveniences we expected and needed. Pillows and bed were very comfortable. The evening "Kickback" (5:30-7pm) was very good (nachos, baked potatoes, hot dogs, chile, salad, plus all forms of liquid refreshement) and allowed up to skip dinner. Breakfast was equally enjoyable. The check-in and check-out process were extremely simple and fast. We have become fans, and return users, of the Drury experience.

Room Tip: Try to arrive before the "Kickback" at 5:30pm. Parking is in front of building but there...
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Well, finally somebody got it right! Not just OK, or Good, but Right on Right!
Fabulous service, with simply no extras. "No we don't need a credit card as there are no extras." No internet cost, no local call charges, no long distance charges, or just no period.. how lovely is that?
Then, the inclusions. Like afternoon cocktails and hors d'oeuvres that are really dinner. Who eats out after Drury hors d'oeuvres?.... answer: nobody. Drinks, yes hard liquor and wines are included and they do not stint on portions. How nice not to have the tee-totaling, plus unctuous Marriots talking down to you and including a ridiculous Book of Mormon in every room.
Breakfast is plentiful and superb. Staff are like attending a twenty-fifth anniversary party.
Rooms are ample, clean and have been carefully thought out in terms of details like ironing boards and much more. How many inns have a washer dryer facility. This one does.
Don't know who Mr Drury is but please, please Mr Drury, do not go public and ruin it all.

Very happy Canadians visiting Charlotte, North Carolina.

Room Tip: There is no bad room
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We took a day trip to Charlotte as weather changed plans to travel North. Fellow co-workers who traveled to Texas would rave about Drury Inn. After reading the great reviews and because it was pet friendly, I booked a room. From the time we checked in to the time we left, the experience was very pleasant. Lobby sitting area - comfy & inviting. Clean room! I really liked the marble in the bathroom. Bed was nice-I slept well, which is rare. My dog was welcome - no extra fee. Other hotels just don't get it - being able to bring your best fur friend with you is the best perk! Everyone on staff was so friendly and accommodating. Soda machine was well carbonated-so refreshing. The kick back was very nice - you could eat as appetizers before going out to dinner or make it a meal. The night we stayed, they served chicken tenderloins, hot dogs, nachos, baked potato with all the fixins, fresh veggies with dip, salad, chips, pretzels, chili, mac and cheese - and I'm sure I've left some things out. We only drank one drink and gave the rest of our allotted six drinks to the delighted folks at the next table. We were going to one of our favorite local restaurants for dinner (Portofino's) but we were just too full after the kick back. Location was the best - all you could want while on travel was nearby. And yes - free Wi-Fi and a kiosk of computers for your use. All this and it's no more expensive than other hotels! I hope they come to Virginia and points North! If I HAD to nitpick on something, it would have been nice to have a little something sweet at the kick back (and it could have been there but maybe I missed it). But I would take no sweets any day if everything else stayed the same at Drury. The hot breakfast was just the thing to get your morning off to a good start. Belgian waffles to biscuits & gravy, cereal to sausage - it was all there. Short trip success - I'll always check for this hotel first when I travel and especially when I travel with my beloved dog.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake? Share your experiences!