“Best Airport Hampton” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
“Best Airport Hampton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

...but still on flight-path. Very clean, very convenient to CLT, all the latest HI accouterments, 7-11 next-door for snacks, drinks, and toiletries. Brian the shuttle driver for the airport was prompt and courteous, desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Location is close to major highways. Regarding airplane noise, it died down around 10p-12a during my stay, but seemed to pickup periodically throughout the night until morning with constant departures.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am pleased to know that Brian and the team took care of your experience with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Portsmouth, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Stranded in Charlotte for a couple days due to winter storm in New England. Hotel was one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in. Staff was friendly and efficient. Free breakfast offered a variety of foods and beverages. Airplane noise is part of staying at an airport hotel but earplugs helped me. Free and strong WiFi. Lots of convenient plugs for charging electronics. Clean pool and hot tub. As in all hotels I stay in, room doors are loud so if someone gets up early you will hear their door shut...

• Stayed February 2013
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience via this forum.

I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations; and certainly welcome you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were greeted with a smile from the lovely and friendly Nicole. She was engaging and very helpful with any information we needed. We checked in on Super Bowl Sunday so we were actually invited by Nicole to join everyone in the lobby to watch the game. After dropping everything into the room, we came back down and enjoyed a delightful and hilarious time chatting with Nicole, Brian, and 3 other guests. They even shared their food with us! It was a very nice family atmosphere!

The breakfast was delicious and the rooms were immensely comfortable. It was just what we needed since we were there for a Scentsy event.

Overall Nicole and Brian were a delight and made me feel so welcome! They are superb at customer service and I will not stay at any other hotel when I'm in the area. Thank you both!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon,

I am extremely pleased that my team was able to make you feel right at home during your stay with us.

I look forward to your staying with us again in the future.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Wonderful Staff, Outstanding facility--the best Hampton Inn I have seen during 30 years++ travel. I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member--lots of experience with Hilton and other chains. Wonderful place to stay!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Bobby F.

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

My team and I pride ourselves on ensuring that our house guests feel the warmth and hospitality they expect.

I am pleased to see we delivered on our promise of great service and a clean room everytime.

I look forward to seeing you again, should your stay bring me to our area.

Your friend in town,

Ricardo W.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were distressed at the Charlotte Airport after a trip out of the country. My connecting flight was cancelled and so I needed a place to rest my head for the night. I called up the Hampton Inn and Nicole was very friendly on the phone as I made a reservation. This eased my tension considerably since I'd witnessed less than hospitable service in the airport and did not know Charlotte. She told me where to meet the shuttle and I was glad when I saw it round the bend. Isaac picked us up and picked up where Nicole left off. He was very engaging and made us feel at ease. He told us about places to eat or that would deliver and made us laugh all the way to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel Nicole had our room keys ready... I just had to show ID and payment and we were on our way! She was knowledgeable about the area as well and provided assistance with getting some well-needed supplies for the night since our luggage was checked through to our final destination. Our room was clean and inviting - we asked for toothpaste and toothbrush which were promptly provided. Complimentary internet service was a plus! Breakfast was the typical Hampton breakfast - the staples were all there and it was FREE. The shuttle back to the airport was on time and the driver announced that the shuttle was leaving which was helpful since we were finishing up breakfast at the time. Overall I'd say this Hampton Inn helped bring calm for this distressed passenger.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with our property.

I am extremely pleased that Nicole and Issac were able to show you what we at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Charlotte Airport are all about.

I have added your comments to our team brag board to recognize them for their outstanding service.

Make it a GREAT stay at Hamptons.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We wanted to stay in a hotel near the airport since we had an early-ish flight back to Texas the next morning. The location of this hotel was great and very convenient! We needed to fill our rental car before returning it and the Hampton Inn shared a parking lot with a Shell station which saved us time in the morning. The staff was very friendly and the continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Huntington, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property for one night in January 2013 while awaiting an early departure.  I was sold a room with a king bed for a government rate of $97.

Airport shuttle service was prompt and efficient with the driver found to be most pleasant.  While the vehicle was clean and appeared to be well kept, the small size of the minivan was challenging given the number of guests slated for pick-up.  This is atypical of airport focused properties that traditionally offer larger vehicles.

The exterior of the property was clean, neat and well kept.  The lobby area found found to be clean and in good repair, although smaller than that which is seen at other properties within this brand.

Check-in was a fairly prompt although the clerk seemed to have difficulty with some screens on the PC.  This appeared to be a training issue which could be easily resolved.

The elevator cab was clean and in good repair, as were interior hallways.  All areas were found to be well lit.

The sleeping room and bath area were clean, neat and stocked with typical Hampton amenities.  All electrical items were found to be operable, although there was a void in the number of outlets for charging of electronics.

Breakfast fare was typical for the brand.  Adequate amounts of food were available and all items were routinely restocked.

Check-out was a brief affair as all charges were found to be appropriate.  I utilized the shuttle for the return to the airport and service was cordial.

This property is a solid choice for an overnight stay.  Those traveling on business looking for a long-term hotel may want to consider an alternate location given the void of charging sites within the room.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ricardo W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience.

With technology forever changing, we have actually added electrical pods with USB connections to all of our guest rooms in hopes of addressing that issue.

I am glad that all else was satisfactory with your stay and we welcome you back to our property in the future.

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte Airport? Share your experiences!