“Cold and Over cooked food” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Charlotte Suites

You added Renaissance Charlotte Suites to your Saves list
Renaissance Charlotte Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Coliseum Centre Dr, Charlotte, NC 28217 (Eagle Lake)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #25 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Cold and Over cooked food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

On Dec 21, 2013, Six of us had dinner at the Renanissance Hotel. Steak was order Medium/Raw Served Over cooked.
Two order special Meal was served luke warm.
We sent the special back again not hot. Second time still not warm. Could not eat cold ravaolli with cold sauce.
Disappointed:
We had to ask for these two meals we could not eat to be taken off the bill. Manager nerver came over to apologize.

Today a representative Jan 3,2014 called me regarding this issue. He did apologize, and offer me reward points.

In our opinion we should have been offered more. Our Pre Christmas dinner no dinner for three of us. Nor were we invited to come back and have at least three meals complementary.

I do realize this is an isolated incident not common of Marriott. Wish the manager could have made us feel like a valued customer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Receiving feedback from our guest enables us to accommodate all of our guest a little better upon each visit and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay, and the inconvenience experienced. I will look into this with the appropriate department. I hope that this experience will not deter you from your continued business association with us and the Marriott/Renaissance family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Pittsford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife had searched high and low for a hotel near the Charlotte airport for overnight accommodations for 18 family members including 5 cribs. Only this hotel would guarantee that we would have the cribs. Fantastic! What we didn't think to ask was if their airport shuttle ran 24 hours. We found out (when we arrived at about 8:00 pm, that it didn't. We needed to be back at the airport by 5:15 the next morning. The night manager, Denise, called her drivers and found one who would come in by 4:30 am and make two trips (the van accomodates up to 11 at a time) to the airport so we could all make our connecting flight home. And this was on December 31st-a night most people would expect to be out late, not wanting to come in to work extra early. We are grateful to Denise and all of her staff for their help over and above what would normally be expected.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte Suites, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and I am happy that our staff was able to make your experience with us enjoyable. I wil lpass your comments along to Denise, and thank you for your patronage with us. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you and your family again in the near future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. Everytime we stay here everyone is always so nice especially Derek and this time was our 1st time meeting Lori at the front desk but I can tell she was trained very well. Everyone is always smiling and very hospitable. Thank you guys for all that you do and for working during the holidays!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Comfort while away from home is key to travelers, and we are happy that you are able to find that at our hotel. I will inform noted staff members of your comments. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are happy you have continued to choose our location.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stanley Young, the man who drove the airport shuttle was friendly and punctual! Our stay in Charlotte was unexpected due ti a weather delay that caused us to miss our connecting flight. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay despite our circumstances.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
I am very happy that one of our staff members went above and beyond in providing you with great customer service. Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My Husband and I had an extremely horrible experience with US Airways. We were supposed to be taking our Honeymoon and instead ended up on a hotel voucher at this hotel. We had already had a terrible and emotional 24 hours by the time we arrived at the hotel.

Every employee that assisted us in some way was very friendly; the shuttle driver that brought us to the property, the front desk staff, and the staff at the bar and in the restaurant. We were given food vouchers by the airline which the hotel gladly accepted. We used them at lunch time in the restaurant. The wonderful lady that served us was so positive and nice. She started to lift our spirits. At dinner time, Denise, from the front desk asked about our situation and bought us an appetizer in the restaurant. Furthermore, the staff asked our room number and surprised us with a bottle of Champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and candy in the shape of a heart on our bed. I wish I knew who to specifically thank for this!

Unfortunately, we didn't get to go on our Honeymoon. However, the one night we were forced to stay in Charlotte restored our faith in humanity. The staff at this hotel went above and beyond for us. They made a huge difference for us in a very terrible situation! We cannot thank them enough for their thoughtfulness and generosity!

Sincerely Grateful!
Mr. and Mrs. Chamorro

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I am happy to hear that your inconvenience was changed from a negative experience to a positive one by several of our staff members. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and I am happy that you experienced this during your recent star\y. I will pass your comments to noted staff members and departments, and welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Ended up staying here for a night prior to going to Carowinds to ride some coasters. The hotel itself is tucked away, you'll need a GPS to find it if you don't know your way around.

Service was great, was able to get my entire party to eat complimentary breakfast at the restaurant buffet without any hassle. Everyone was courteous and friendly, no complaints.

The rooms were nice and nicely sized for a suite. Unfortunately, for my experience, the cleanliness of the room was a little lacking. The far back pillows smelled like wet dog. I don't know if there was an actual pet there or if a previous tenant had some poor smelling hair. Another friend we were traveling with had the same issue in their room. The bed in its entirely could have been better cleaned, we found some crumbs/particulates in our sheets.

We slept fine and were out the next day without any hangups or hassles. I have a high regard for Renaissance properties, so this was probably my worst stay among the Renaissance properties I've been to, but it still ranks as a pretty good or average stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Receiving feedback from our guest enables us to accommodate all of our guest a little better upon each visit and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay, and the inconvenience experienced. I will look into this with the appropriate department . I hope that this experience will not deter you from your continued business association with us and the Marriott/Renaissance family.
Fenton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were headed south for the winter and made a detour to see the Billy Graham Library and this hotel is 4 minutes away. So it was an easy choice.
It was an excellent choice also. I couldn't believe how nice everyone was to us. They were always asking how we were and if they could do anything for us. That is just a really nice touch for a big hotel.
We made friends with Vee in the Club Lounge and Tram at the front desk and also Bobby the manager. They were just fine people that staff this place. Stay here.

Room Tip: We like a room that has a view or faces south or west to get a sunset.