You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport
Ranked #113 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Naples, Italy
“thanks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

thanks for the stuff and the ospitality of this Hotel, great atmosphere, great sevice, very clean and the rooms r very confy and nice

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
france
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I stayed at this hotel in August and was robbed of everything while I was asleep in the room!. The hotel video cameras showed that the robber came in thru the supposedly locked outside doors, not once, but twice, and came into my room, since the door didn't automatically swing shut and latch. When I asked the hotel about the failure of the doors to close automatically, I was told that it often happens because the chips in the doors need to be replaced and they dont replace them very often because they are expensive. Please be VERY CAREFUL if you decide to stay here. I wont be again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

We booked our rooms through hotels.com via the phone and we requested two handicap accessible rooms. We get to the hotel and they put us on the 2nd floor because they did nto receive the request for handicap rooms. They said it would be an hours time wait, so we decided to wait in my moms room. Since there were no elevators we had to climb stairs with two infants, my mom having a bad back and me with a broken knee. The rooms was not handicap accessible, the hallway had a horrible smell, the carpets in the room were stained with what looked like blood and the hotel was in the bad part of town. Upon seeing all this after five minutes we called hotels.com to request a change of hotel. Now we are fighting with the hotel to get my mom's money full refund because we never stayed a night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

Pros:
Good price
Clean

Cons:
Staff not very friendly
Breakfast was OK at best (although the waffle maker was nice)
Climate controlled AC meant I was burning up all night
Sheets didn't fit bed properly
Took us about 10 mins from airport

Would I go back? No, there were other choices, and even if they were a bit more in cost, it'd be worth it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

We booked this room through Priceline and felt it was a little rough around the edges for what we paid for it. The stairs/hallways were definitely worn, and based on how it looks, I wouldn't swim in the pool. The room was OK, but looks to have been remodeled piece by piece - the vanity was new, though the bathroom (toilet and shower) was obviously very old and warn. Bed was comfortable, though bedspread had cigarette burn holes in it. Some of the room furniture was new, heating/AC system was definitely older. Breakfast was basic.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

Police officers in lobby upon check in (should have taken this as a sign) and some bad event was just wrapping up. Not recognized as a Gold Points member. Wake up call the next morning not placed (or so I thought). In actuality, my phone in the room was not working at all. Breakfast bar was empty of most items at 7:30a.m. as I was leaving property for a meeting and no attendant was to be found. No newspapers for guests on any morning. Upon return that evening, I found a pile of some brown substance in the corner of my room and went down to the front desk to ask for housekeeper. I was informed that housekeeping staff was gone for the day. On way back to room, I found a housekeeper in the lobby and she went to my room to inspect and remove brown pile which turned out to be rotting meat. Hotel doors slammed all night on my floor and noise level left me with zero sleep for both nights I stayed at this property. Repeated requests to speak with a manager were ignored and I left my card for management to contact me and they still have not as of yet. Please do not stay at this property.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
cx_chrl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2010
We take comments as yours seriously! I’d like to discuss your experience with our hotel. I can be reached directly at the hotel by calling 704-394-2000 (or) via email at cx_chrl@countryinns.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Warm regards,

Steve
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for three nights toward the end of September, 2009. Airport pick up was quick (10 min.) and friendly even though I was the only person in the van. This was a Priceline reservation but by showing my Gold Points Plus Card I was assigned a room with a pleasant pool view. Room was adequate though somewhat cramped with two queen sized beds. Housekeeping was performed each day but sheets weren't changed nor carpets vacuumed. Complimentary breakfast bar had a nice assortment on offer but it was not a hot breakfast. Outdoor pool was clean and little used. All staff were friendly and very helpful. Public spaces were spotless. Fitness center extremely small (only three pieces of equipment).
A few features making this a good place to stay are: several nearby restaurants both fast food and casual dining, close to I85 and a quick ride to the airport.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport? Share your experiences!