“Worst Country Inn & Suites Ever.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2541 Little Rock Rd., Charlotte, NC 28214   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #114 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
“Worst Country Inn & Suites Ever.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The staff were excellent. They were very nice and happy to assist. However, the hotel was crap. No elevator, sheets were dingy, tub was dirty and the water drained slow. One ice maker on the whole floor. We were supposed to have a suite, but it was really two regular rooms that were joined and one had a sofa instead of a bed. Breakfast was horrible.

Don't waste your time going here. They should burned that place to tje ground. Not when the employees are there because they were great.

It's in the ghetto too. Witnessed a drug transaction at the Hardees down the street.

• Stayed November 2012
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Bmore2ny,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with our hotel. We apologize your stay did not meet your expectations and I assure this has been shared with our management team and staff so we can make the necessary adjustments. We do ask that if you are ever in our area again to please give our property another try so we can show you how valuable your opinions truly are.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My family and I checked in and the company that I reserved my room with did not reserve the right room. Cynthia saved the day by upgrading our room as a courtesy. It was well appreciated and I would definitely stay at the hotel again! She went out of her way to ensure my family was comfortable!

Brandi

• Stayed November 2012
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here for one night before our flight home. Very close to the airport. Comfortable, clean room and a good breakfast - with real cutlery and tableware! Room had fridge and mircowave. Bathroom was smallish but sink was outside it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I travel every single week for business. We had a problem with a reservation in Charlotte, and we had to scramble to get a last minute reservation near the airport. We are usually put up in very nice hotels, so I was a bit worried when we had to stay at this particular hotel. The room was average, but quite clean, but it is certainly dated and the TV, electronic equipment, and bathroom are in need of a serious renovation. BUT I want to clearly state that my review is completely biased based on the EXCELLENT customer service I received from Cynthia Carter, the Front Office Manager. We had some business matters to take care of, and she helped us in every single step along the way, with a huge smile. She made an average hotel stay an excellent one. It is true that the rooms need an upgrade, and I did not have anything but the coffee, so I cannot comment on the breakfast, but I cannot state enough how the excellence of an employee can change the way one feels about a hotel stay. Cynthia, thank you very much for being a rare example of excellent customer service, you made our stay wonderful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were put up at this hotel after our flight was delayed for 24 hours. They do have a complimentary shuttle with courteous service and the front desk staff is exceptional, given that they had to deal with a plane full of annoyed customers all at once. The room was quite average but clean. The pool is relatively nice with a wide concrete "deck" all around and bushes surrounding the fence so you aren't staring out over the parking lot. There is a grocery store and a mexican restaurant within walking distance, which was better than some of our other planemates' hotel situation. We were able to stretch our legs and get out a little bit. In a pinch, we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Initial impression was great.... Dawn checked me in, told me mynroom had a fridge and iron, etc, ice machine round the corner, complimentary breakfast and WiFi, etc.
Got to my room and found no fridge, not even hiding in the closet or under the bed. Decided to get some ice to chill my sodas... Machine broken, out of order sign attached.... Off to the far end of the hotel for ice.
Next morning... Breakfast... Biscuits and gravy are decent, good sausages, but how can reconstituted scrambled eggs be dry and watery at the same time?
Fast forward 5 days, ice machine still broken, no repair in sight.
Overallmit is fairly clean and pleasant, but missing some of the comforts I am used to. wifi works well throughout hotel. Not awful, would stay again if my top 3 hotels nearby were not available.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Armenia, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed at the hotel in September, during the democrats convention. Checked in as Carlson Gold, received no special upgrade (then what hotels in Carlson do? Seems to be a no-upgrade policy at least at the hotels i stayed)..

Got our room, which was ok, loud AC, but being hot outside we appreciated it being there. The hotel itself is located (like also other people have mentioned) back of an abandonded Shoney's.. There is a diner across the street from the hotel, and a food lion.. that's about it for the hotel area. Also free shuttle to/from airport of course.

We did during the night try to grab a cab.. 2 1/2 hours later, even after repetadly telling front desk, finally a taxi arrived. According to the cab-driver there were no efforts to get the cab earlier, and there were alot available. Bad service at front desk, and not putting that "extra" into the job it seemed. Still, not rude, not bad, just no service or extras.. After being on a plane for 12+ h, you don't want to wait 2-3 hours for a cab!! If I was responsible for a hotel and saw that service, I'd ask the shuttle driver who watched TV (not doing anything) to bring the people.

Since we had been out the day before, we went to the breakfast to get something to eat. Was really bad.. They had meat, which tasted rotten, salty (not like meat), and eggs which did not taste like eggs.. I mean, how can you fail eggs?? .. The so called "hot country breakfast" is a joke, and for every chew you took, you felt ill .. really bad..

With more hospitality, service & breakfast, they will raise the bar in my book..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
cx_chrl, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at our property. Unfortunately due to the DNC being in town we did not have any upgrades available for our guests, we tried our best to accomodate everyone. As for your cab not being there right away it was like that for all of our guests all week, the cab companies were running behind due to the blocked roads. We will also take your comments on our breakfast and do our best to fix that problem. We appreciate your suggestions and will use them to fine tune our operations for our future guests.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport? Share your experiences!