“Nice place to lay your head” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2541 Little Rock Rd., Charlotte, NC 28214   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #114 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Dallas, Georgia
“Nice place to lay your head”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Right off I-85N, easy to miss it sits behind a restaurant, it's an older hotel but seems to be well maintained. The parking was a little sketchy, there is a road that runs right behind the hotel. I just parked my car in front of my window. Check in was a breeze, room was clean, the only complaint I had was the really small toliet that was also low to the ground. Free wi-fi which is always a plus
since I mainly use my iPad. The free continental breakfast was pretty good and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I used hot-wire it's a gamble but it beats paying $100 dollars a night.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
State Road, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

This is a great hotel. We stayed 2 weeks ago for business and loved it. The rooms were clean, and the beds were very comfortable. It has a small pool which we really enjoyed as I work outside all day and it was really hot. We are staying here again this week and its as clean and comfortable as before. I recommend this hotel rather than any others close to it. We got stuck in a Ramada last week close to here and it was nasty. Roaches, the housecleaning never even made the beds or took the trash out after the 1st day. This hotel is 10 times better!

Hampton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I booked a reward night to use on a quick trip. I wasn't expecting much for the low point value of the reward night, but to get to the hotel with two sleeping kids and find out they gave my room to someone else and had let him sign my form with all my personal information was beyond belief. The last room they had, which should have been his, had water damage in the ceiling and the carpet was so dirty you couldn't walk out of the bathroom or your feet turned muddy. There was no "hot" breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Number one, the pool was closed the entire time due to "chemicals" not right and we were there four days! The fridge didn't work and when we requested someone to fix it, we were told maitenance was gone and would be there in the am, he never came. The floor was dirty, tub not cleaned and the housekeeper somehow skipped over our room with cleaning. Breakfast was nothing hot, only danishes, warm coffee, boiled eggs and Activa yogurt. Why serve a yogurt made for digestive problems? SMH!! Overall, horrible stay and I will never stay there again.

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

The shuttle comes to the hotel every half hour 24 hours. Wow that saved me a cab drive and fare. The gentleman put my bag in the van even though I had no reservation and gave me a discount card for a stranded passenger rate $59. This included a spacious and clean room with HBO, a bathtub, and a hot breakfast. Alonphso made sure to put in my rewards number and Dawn got me to airport in a few minutes with a nice smile and the presence of mind to suggest writing this up in Trip Advisor. What a smart and loyal employee! Thanks Country &Inn Suite staff you were lifesavers. GWB

Ashland, MA - USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

We had two rooms w/2-dbl beds. We got in at 10pm and were gone by 8am. We did not know about the free breakfast. Nothing luxurious but a clean bed and was quiet. We used a site to get a good rate.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

Hotel is close to the Airport but that was the only good thing. The rooms were decent. The bathroom was not very clean. The exercise room had one treadmill and one recumbent bike- neither worked very well. The breakfast buffett was a free buffett. There are many options for Hotels - next time I will choose another.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charlotte - I-85 Airport? Share your experiences!