“Amazing food and atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 2,008 Restaurants in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: On the Light Rail, get off on 3rd and Convention Center, then Chima is 2 blocks away.
Description: Located in beautiful Center City Charlotte on 4th and Tryon, just a few blocks from Belk Theater, Over street Mall and the Bobcats Arena.Chima offers authentic Brazilian cuisine and chic dining experience. Enjoy cocktails and the best view of Uptown Charlotte in our elegant upstairs lounge.
Indian Land, South Carolina
“Amazing food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Great second floor bar with large windows looking out to the main intersection of uptown Charlotte. Perfect place to bring another couple, and enjoy the endless amounts of food being brought to your table. I will say the mashed potatoes are to Die for... You will understand once you try them. Salad bar has plenty of side items to offer to compliment the endless protein being carried around on giant skewers. The experience alone makes this one of our favorite places to go. (Especially with people who have never been before. Sign up for their email and you will get news of promos they are running as well.

Visited February 2013

Mocksville, North Carolina
“Great Atmosphere, Fine Food and Wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife had mentioned that she missed visits to Texas De Brazil while I lived in Memphis. So for our anniversary in Charlotte I had made a reservation here on Open Table, which I had mentioned in comments that it was our anniversary.

The restaurant was a block from our hotel on downtown Charlotte. Thought it would be busier on a Sunday night after a football game, but guess everyone was to tailgated out.

The atmosphere was low lighting, very nicely decorated.

We were sat at our table and greeted and congratulated on our Anniversary. We were offered a complimentary glass of Champagne or a dessert at the end of the night. We chose dessert, although looking back we should have chose the champagne as you will be filled by nights end.

The salad bar could be had as its self if you weren't looking into the experience of the meats. But why come for the meats, you are coming for the experience.

The food was typical of any Brazilian Steakhouse. But the service here was better then I have had at others by far, Alexis and Luis were outstanding.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Conway, South Carolina
“Excellent Service, Excellent Atmosphere, Terrible Value & Food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Everything about this place is bells and whistles. Amazing metro feeling and atmosphere that hosts a second story bar. Very elegant and nice decorations and liberal feeling to the place. I could go on but the point of it was that it was an awesome place with excellent service. Had wine everywhere and everyone was treated very nicely by pretty much all the staff coming and going. The bad part though, I saw absolutely no difference from this place and a local Brazilian Steakhouse that I often go to as far as the food. However, I pay a lot less for the place that I frequently go to here. Everything, I mean almost everything was too salty and overcooked. Could not get a rare or medium rare piece at all. I had to fill up on bar food. Was very upset at the quality of the food. If that's fixed, I would say this place could be awesome!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This visit was during restaurant week. My husband and I had never visited a restaurant like this before. That being said, I don't know if it's because of restaurant week or not, but we didn't feel like we were getting the "full" experience and they were trying to "up-sell" by pushing a $50 + bottle of wine. The atmosphere was wonderful but their choices in meat was a little to be desired.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wingate, North Carolina
“Holy cow! (Good gluten free options)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband says, "One of the best dining experiences of his life!" The whole process is a bit overwhelming at first if this is your first experience, but the food was so good! It's nice to actually try small samples of everything before you decide what you like best. Personally, I loved the swordfish. Our friend was very pleased with the gluten free options, and the service was top notch! We were NEVER without a refill on our drinks. We plan to visit again!

• Visited August 2013