“Great place to crash after drinking uptown” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre

Save Saved
You added Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre to your Saves list
Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (First Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #88 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
“Great place to crash after drinking uptown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are nicely decorated. The pool was down but the main thence guy fixed it after we asked when he came to the room to fix the blinds. Front desk was very nice. They have passes for free cover to all the epicenter clubs.

We got two rooms to celibate my friends 21st birthday uptown. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I'd stayed here during the week and like the central location, modern and compact but comfortable rooms. However, recently stayed here on a Sat night and there were at least two very loud parties going on untl past 4am. Don't know how you can get that many people in the rooms as they are pretty small! As we were leaving the next morning, the guy in the elevator asked us if it had been really noisy as he hadn't slept a wink and was on a different floor than us. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear MaryMt4106,
Thank you for taking time to offer a candid recap of your stay with us. Let me begin by telling you how much I appreciate your comments regarding the hotel itself. Our hotel and EpiCentre location combine to offer a really unique experience. As for the noise and disturbances you experienced during your weekend stay I humbly apologize for the lack of sleep this caused you. Our hotel team works diligently to prevent in-room gatherings, to the extent of striving to enforce a relative “quiet time” after 10pm. Occasionally though folks will migrate back to a room with too many occupants. In these cases we respond as quickly as we can to ensure peace and quiet. I’m sorry that such an incident was the cause of your concerns. I will work with our team to tighten this process where we can. All the best.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

this place is an average hotel with its typical trendy atmosphere. nice place please do not get me wrong. it good and would recommend the stay here. nothing extremly fancy. i have had many other friends also come here, and all have said the same.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We spent 1 night here, as all the other hotels near the Bank of America stadium were booked. Location is great, which has pros and cons. The elevators are always busy and quite slow. As other reviewers have said, they share the lobby elevator with other businesses, and it is not air-conditioned. Check in was a bit of a mess, but I think travelocity screwed that up (only half our name ended up on the reservation, and it took a while to sort it out). The room was different than traditional hotel rooms, but it served its purpose. Bed was comfortable, and the shower had hot water and good pressure. A wide variety of restaurants, bars, clubs, and other venues was located right outside, so no driving or taxi required. However, this meant a noisy night. Luckily for us, we were so exhausted after the soccer match, we fell asleep quickly once we retired to the room. Later check out(12:00) was nice. We would stay here again if we were looking to save.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I found this hotel last minute as we were staying in Charlotte for a one day trip. It was rated as a 3 star hotel and the amenities didn’t say anything on Hotwire. I was VERY reluctant to book as I normally only go for 4 star or more, but after considering I didn’t need much for 1 night, I booked it. The Aloft it very college feely. It looks like a large dorm room with some extras: large mounted screen TV, small refrigerator, desk, lounge coffee maker, etc. The hotel lobby is in the Epicenter which is uptown/downtown Charlotte. It is connected to many restaurants, lounges, clubs, bowling alley, movie theater, etc. We stayed on a Sunday so there wasn’t much to do except have dinner and visit Strike City. Also, the building has access to other buildings that offer more food choices. There is Wi-Fi, a gym, restaurants, although Hotwire didn’t show that when booking. The lobby is really cute. It has a pool table and a bar which makes great for socializing and hanging out. The view we had was cool. It was a view of the stadium and of the lower street. The room was a decent size for two people and clean. Not more than that. The room amenities were just enough and modern. The bed was comfortable. Overall it was a good stay and I would recommend the hotel to others especially if you want to save and you are 32 and younger.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed at the aloft in July of 2014. The Staff was absolutely wonderful! They bent over backwards to help me in any way that they could. I was a single traveler on a business trip, they were helpful with attractions, what to do to kill time, they moved me to another room when my air conditioning wasn't quite working 100%. The staff that really stuck out were Yvonne, Brian and Charles. Thank-you so much for everything!

Room Tip: If you are bothered by noise, request a high floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This just isn't a great hotel. It's really just a pain.
Hard to find. Hot, slow elevator to lobby is shared with the office building. What a mess. Then another elevator to your room.
Rooms are worn. My AC didn't work. The staff was lost. 3 calls until anyone showed up....it never worked.
Fitness center was filthy.
I like the Aloft brand. I'm a Starwood Platinum. I just don't like this location.

Stayed July 2014
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear JCFFB,
Thank you for your review and loyalty to SPG. We are very sorry you were disappointed with your recent stay with us and apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the elevators, service, and air conditioning in your guest room. Rest assured, these have been addressed with our staff and properly handled. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. All the best.

Been to Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre? Share your experiences!