“Big Dorm Room with Extras” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre

Save Saved
You added Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre to your Saves list
Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (First Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #87 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Atlanta, Georgia
“Big Dorm Room with Extras”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I found this hotel last minute as we were staying in Charlotte for a one day trip. It was rated as a 3 star hotel and the amenities didn’t say anything on Hotwire. I was VERY reluctant to book as I normally only go for 4 star or more, but after considering I didn’t need much for 1 night, I booked it. The Aloft it very college feely. It looks like a large dorm room with some extras: large mounted screen TV, small refrigerator, desk, lounge coffee maker, etc. The hotel lobby is in the Epicenter which is uptown/downtown Charlotte. It is connected to many restaurants, lounges, clubs, bowling alley, movie theater, etc. We stayed on a Sunday so there wasn’t much to do except have dinner and visit Strike City. Also, the building has access to other buildings that offer more food choices. There is Wi-Fi, a gym, restaurants, although Hotwire didn’t show that when booking. The lobby is really cute. It has a pool table and a bar which makes great for socializing and hanging out. The view we had was cool. It was a view of the stadium and of the lower street. The room was a decent size for two people and clean. Not more than that. The room amenities were just enough and modern. The bed was comfortable. Overall it was a good stay and I would recommend the hotel to others especially if you want to save and you are 32 and younger.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed at the aloft in July of 2014. The Staff was absolutely wonderful! They bent over backwards to help me in any way that they could. I was a single traveler on a business trip, they were helpful with attractions, what to do to kill time, they moved me to another room when my air conditioning wasn't quite working 100%. The staff that really stuck out were Yvonne, Brian and Charles. Thank-you so much for everything!

Room Tip: If you are bothered by noise, request a high floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This just isn't a great hotel. It's really just a pain.
Hard to find. Hot, slow elevator to lobby is shared with the office building. What a mess. Then another elevator to your room.
Rooms are worn. My AC didn't work. The staff was lost. 3 calls until anyone showed up....it never worked.
Fitness center was filthy.
I like the Aloft brand. I'm a Starwood Platinum. I just don't like this location.

Stayed July 2014
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear JCFFB,
Thank you for your review and loyalty to SPG. We are very sorry you were disappointed with your recent stay with us and apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the elevators, service, and air conditioning in your guest room. Rest assured, these have been addressed with our staff and properly handled. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. All the best.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed at the Aloft for business but it would have been a great place to stay to explore Charlotte. The hotel is located right in the city center and has lots of great shopping and food options nearby. The staff was very friendly and there is a self-service cafe for quick food. The rooms are modern/trendy and clean. You can park (for a fee) in the Epicenter garage and take an elevator directly to the hotel lobby.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lumberton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Modern hotel suite in downtown. Close to everything.
The check in desk is actually several floors up in the Epicenter, so there isn't really a main entrance.
It is a cool place with stained concrete floors and european/modern (sparse) styling.
Great value .. I got it on a PriceLine deal for around $100. It compares easily to other hotels I have stayed in downtown for well over $200.
I woould definitely be inclined to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear 2204rob,
Thank you for your review and recommendation. We are glad you liked our modern style and great location. We look forward to welcoming you back! All the best.
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The room was dirty, large stains on the carpet. The sink didn't drain and the toilet barely flushed. I lost my car keys while visiting. When I called to ask if they had been turned in I was told that lost and found was locked and I would have to leave a voicemail. 24 hours later, no one returned my call. Extremely dissapointing.

Room Tip: I wouldn't ever stay here again if I could help it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear bimwhim28,
Thank you for your honest feedback. Cleanliness is very important to us and so we apologize for your recent experience. Rest assured, your comments have been addressed with housekeeping and properly handled. Additionally, we are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with lost and found. It is our goal to make sure that every call is handled in a timely manner. Toward that end, our housekeeping managers have been made aware of your concern; we are confident that measures have been taken to assure that calls are handled in a more timely and efficient manner. Thank you again for your comments. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity in the future. All the best.
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Three girlfriends and I decided to spend a "girl night" in Uptown Charlotte and stayed at the Aloft hotel. It was heavily raining and since the hotel is attached to all these great resturants & bars we did not get our hair wet or our shoes & makeup ruined! The room was clean, spacious with 2 queens size beds, great view of city, and nice size bathroom. We just wish there was a minifridge as we had some wine & champagne that needed to be chilled. There is also an attached parking garage that will take you directly to the hotel. Again, huge plus when raining. Would def stay here again & would def rec to others!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear mpierry,
We are thrilled you decided to stay with us for your girls’ night and had a great time out at the EpiCentre. Thank you for your review, and we hope you will stay with us again for your next visit to the Charlotte area. All the best.

Been to Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre? Share your experiences!