“Great hotel ... a little hard to spot off the street though” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre

Save Saved
You added Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre to your Saves list
Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (First Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #87 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Lumberton, North Carolina
“Great hotel ... a little hard to spot off the street though”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Modern hotel suite in downtown. Close to everything.
The check in desk is actually several floors up in the Epicenter, so there isn't really a main entrance.
It is a cool place with stained concrete floors and european/modern (sparse) styling.
Great value .. I got it on a PriceLine deal for around $100. It compares easily to other hotels I have stayed in downtown for well over $200.
I woould definitely be inclined to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear 2204rob,
Thank you for your review and recommendation. We are glad you liked our modern style and great location. We look forward to welcoming you back! All the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The room was dirty, large stains on the carpet. The sink didn't drain and the toilet barely flushed. I lost my car keys while visiting. When I called to ask if they had been turned in I was told that lost and found was locked and I would have to leave a voicemail. 24 hours later, no one returned my call. Extremely dissapointing.

Room Tip: I wouldn't ever stay here again if I could help it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear bimwhim28,
Thank you for your honest feedback. Cleanliness is very important to us and so we apologize for your recent experience. Rest assured, your comments have been addressed with housekeeping and properly handled. Additionally, we are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with lost and found. It is our goal to make sure that every call is handled in a timely manner. Toward that end, our housekeeping managers have been made aware of your concern; we are confident that measures have been taken to assure that calls are handled in a more timely and efficient manner. Thank you again for your comments. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity in the future. All the best.
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Three girlfriends and I decided to spend a "girl night" in Uptown Charlotte and stayed at the Aloft hotel. It was heavily raining and since the hotel is attached to all these great resturants & bars we did not get our hair wet or our shoes & makeup ruined! The room was clean, spacious with 2 queens size beds, great view of city, and nice size bathroom. We just wish there was a minifridge as we had some wine & champagne that needed to be chilled. There is also an attached parking garage that will take you directly to the hotel. Again, huge plus when raining. Would def stay here again & would def rec to others!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear mpierry,
We are thrilled you decided to stay with us for your girls’ night and had a great time out at the EpiCentre. Thank you for your review, and we hope you will stay with us again for your next visit to the Charlotte area. All the best.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I booked a reservation for business at this location and had a very bad experience. The mattress was stained and the sliding door to the toilet/shower area was peeling. Also, my colleague found a roach crawling on her pillow while she slept in her room. I have stayed at Starwood hotels for several years and this is the 1st time I have ever experienced this low quality of service. I have since had to check out early from the Aloft. This has made be very weary in staying at another ALOFT again.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear bigdaddynyc2006,
We sincerely apologize for your dissatisfying experience with us. Aloft expects very high quality standards, and is unacceptable this was not met. We are very sorry for the conditions of your guest room and we will address this with housekeeping to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for sharing with us, and we hope we will have another opportunity to better impress you in the future. All the best.
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

If you want to be in the uptown area in Charlotte, specifically Epicentre it doesn't get any better for location. Literally an elevator up to your room after a night of eating/drinking/partying. Obviously the arena is walking distance if you're attending an event there. It is a little pricey, not sure how it compares to the surrounding hotels in that close proximity (def much cheaper then the Omni) but it's probably about average to low for that.

Valet is $25 but you do get in and out and they will add it to your room bill easily, they were fairly fast with getting my car once I called down for it with about 5 minutes heads up.

I had a 1 king room which was pretty small but it was just me staying in it so that didn't matter really. Room was nice, no complaints.

I suspect noise could be a major problem for most people as Epicentre is pretty active til at least 2 am and still some noise after. I actually got woken up by a wedding party that was very loud in the hall at about 8:30am in a conference room or something, I needed to get back home anyway so I wasn't as pissed off as I normally would be about being woken up early by noise in the halls.

Nice hotel, average service, great location, not sure it's worth the price unless you know you are visiting epicenter or possibly the arena in my opinion. It was my birthday when I stayed and I knew we would be partying there so it was a fun one time thing but I wouldn't stay there again at the same price, ($235ish after taxes and valet etc)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Willie T,
Thank you for your review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our great location at the EpiCentre and our guest rooms. It is very important to us to reduce noise so our guests have a comfortable stay, so we are very sorry that you were disturbed by noise during your stay. Thank you again for sharing with us, and we hope you will decide to stay with us again in the future. Take care.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Not for grown-ups. Very noisy and discombobulated front 'desk' - with computers, phones and unkempt binders in plain sight. Very loud lobby area making it hard to talk with the front desk staff. Room is more like a cell - with the grey and teal color scheme. Carpet and tile have marks on them making it look worn out. No closet - just a space with hangars across from the sink. Funnny thing - I'm in a handicapped room (though i'm not handicapped) and on a very high shelf they've placed a couple of magazines. If I were in a wheelchair I couldn't have reached them. Odd. The air conditioning unit, when it cycled on, sounded like a plane on take-off. Not a good night's sleep. No room service, but you can go to the lobby for complimentary coffee and they make breakfast sandwiches for a fee. Won't be choosing this brand again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I travel a lot! Diamond Delta frequent flyer and top tier guest on several hotel programs, including Starwood.

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I should have left when I saw the "complimentary" ear plugs they had on my room's desk because "your purpose for staying with us may not be to simply enjoy the EpiCentre actiivity, so we are providing these complimentary ear plugs should you desire a bit more quiet during your stay." What followed was an experience that took me back to my freshman dorm. Oh, if the ear plugs weren't adequate, they offer a complimentary sound machine.

Further, they were unable to find any of the two luggage carts available to help be get my luggage to my 10th floor sound chamber.

If relaxation and a good night's sleep, this place is not for you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Bob I,
Thank you for being a loyal SPG guest and providing us with your honest review. We apologize for any disturbances during your stay. It is our goal to provide the most comfortable experience for our guests by minimizing noise from outside the hotel so they can get a good night’s rest, and we’re sorry that we did not fully meet your expectations in this case. We always look to identify opportunities where we can improve our guest experience, so we greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback. Thank you again for taking the time to write us a review, and we hope that you will try Aloft hotels again in the future. All the best.

Been to Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre? Share your experiences!