“Anniversary stay, great bar, great staff, perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre

You added Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre to your Saves list
Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (First Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #89 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Singapore
“Anniversary stay, great bar, great staff, perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Best thing about this hotel is the Bar on the top level (staff and drinks were both fabulous). The pool and gym facilities were also very good. Location of the hotel is in the centre of Charlotte and right above Flemings (an amazing steak place).

My favourite thing about the rooms - the Bathrooms - Amayzing. After staying in numerous hotels in our trip across the US, it was such a relief to find a hotel that didn't require the skills of a contortionist to get into the shower :)

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hi Juicyblue,

Thank you so much for your positive comments about your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed our great facilities, such as the gym, pool and bar. I am happy that you chose to stay with us over your anniversary and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
tehran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel is on the best place possible right on the spot close to great bars restaurants and places to visit!
The room is small and kind of have a modern look with standing shower. However, the A/C system was loud for me (I have problems during sleep! I can't sleep well when it is not quite!!!)
I told them to completely turn it off.
Overall they had a nice bar and the gave you credit to use in bar if you waived housekeeping! Which was fun!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hi kmostvisitor,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your acommodations, our location and our bar. I do apologize that the AC prevented you from getting a good night's sleep. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I love the concept and vibe of the Aloft hotel brand however this one particular Aloft is very disappointing. It has a very small lobby and smaller rooms, which were not a problem. The hotel is part of the Epicentre. The lobby is on the 5th floor and the hotel is surrounded by restaurants and bars. It is a little bit difficult to find the hotel because the entrance is NOT on E. Trade St as the address suggests. Yes one parking garage entrance is on E. Trade Street but the Aloft sign is located on S. College St.

My concern was with the front desk staff and the fact that the parking situation was not addressed on any site associated with the hotel. Checking in we were met by a very uppity young man who gave us a feeling that we did not belong there after I inquired about the parking situation and the price to park. He said we should just pay $25.00 / day for Valet because the garage was $6.00 and hour and had no in/out privileges. We did not go with Valet because we felt that $25.00 plus tip plus rude welcome was not worth it. The person who checked us in did not even talk to us about any other aspect of the hotel which we had become accustomed to at other Aloft Hotels (i.e. Aloft Dallas- The BEST). We did not know where the Grab & Go was so we went elsewhere to eat. We also did not know where to find the pool.

The room was smaller than most Aloft hotels we have stayed in. The shampoos, conditioners, etc were Bliss which is one of my favorites. I love the complimentary water and the mini-fridge. The complimentary internet was very spotty in the room we were in.

When we checked out, there were three people at the desk who just stared at us. Finally someone asked if they could help us. I told her we were checking out and if she could add my SPG account to this reservation because I could not remember my SPG number and the system could not find me. She searched the system and finally found me under my old address. I told her we had not lived there for over a year and she said thanks for staying. She should have offered to change my SPG account. I know she could have done it or she could have given me a number to call etc. SPG is a big point for Starwood.

When we left the hotel, our parking fee was $10.00. We were so happy that we did not pay for Valet. Our total parking fee was $13.00 because we left shortly after checking in and had to pay $3.00 since we did not have in/out privileges.

I recommend the staff be sent to the Aloft hotel in Downtown Dallas for a crash course in customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hi F1nsup,

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and will be sure to share your feedback with our front desk team so that they can improve their overall customer service. I will also alert the hotel management team to ensure that the appropriate content relating to the parking and hotel location is added prominently to their website.
North Pole, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I really enjoy relaxing at the W XYZ BAR in Aloft hotel Charlotte, they have a wonderful atmosphere, laid back and the appetizers are delish as are the drinks and best yet there is a pool table that is free of charge. I recommend coming to this bar for a relaxed, laid back feel with a view of the epicentre.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Aloft in September 2013 for a long weekend. The location couldn't be beat. We were right in the center of all of the action of Uptown Charlotte! If you are looking for a hotel thats right in the middle of it all - this is the spot.

Our room was small, but clean and nice. If you are just looking for somewhere to sleep - it works just fine. We were on the 'quiet' side of the hotel, but still our room was ridiculously loud. The first night we were woken up by a group of partiers coming back from the bar in the room next door. We literally had to pound on the wall to get them to quiet down. The other nights were similarly loud - I guess this is just what you get when you stay at a hotel right at the Epicentre.

We used the valet parking. It was convenient, however it was pretty expensive. The valet also isn't very well marked for those unfamiliar with the area. Luckily I had read other tripadvisor reviews so I knew what to look for.

Overall - if you are looking for a hotel right in the center of the action - this is the place for you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hi en122912,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are so glad you enjoyed the location and your accommodations. We do apologize for the noise issue, but hope this will not prevent you from staying with us again the next time you are in the area.
Newland, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place was nice and clean. The lobby makes you feel like you are in some Euro-club. The smell in the lobby was also very pleasant.

We did not like the lobby being on the 5th floor. That was weird. It was also somewhat difficult to find if you are not familiar with the area.

Parking: Valet is the best way to go; you can have your car any time you want.

We had our 3 year old and he loved the shower and room setup. They were very accommodating and gave us a handicapped accessible room so we would have plenty of room.

The price was right and the room was nice. Very comfy bed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hi sfoodsjosh,

Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts. I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations and that you had a very comfortable stay. We hope you and your family stay with us again soon.
Buford, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Service- horrible. They tried to charge me for an extra day of valet and then was irritated that I wanted an itemized recipt. Hotel is very old. Price was way to high for what I got. Handle fell of the sink the first day I was there. Towels had a makeup stain on one. Bed linnens were stained. Common area bathrooms were nasty. Front desk clerk was playing on his phone and cussing all the time. Worst starwood brand hotel I ever stayed. Never again aloft uptown charlotte. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed September 2013
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hi John M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. I am deeply troubled to hear about your experience at our hotel and regret that we couldn't address your problems prior to your departure.

Been to Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre? Share your experiences!