I love the concept and vibe of the Aloft hotel brand however this one particular Aloft is very disappointing. It has a very small lobby and smaller rooms, which were not a problem. The hotel is part of the Epicentre. The lobby is on the 5th floor and the hotel is surrounded by restaurants and bars. It is a little bit difficult to find the hotel because the entrance is NOT on E. Trade St as the address suggests. Yes one parking garage entrance is on E. Trade Street but the Aloft sign is located on S. College St.
My concern was with the front desk staff and the fact that the parking situation was not addressed on any site associated with the hotel. Checking in we were met by a very uppity young man who gave us a feeling that we did not belong there after I inquired about the parking situation and the price to park. He said we should just pay $25.00 / day for Valet because the garage was $6.00 and hour and had no in/out privileges. We did not go with Valet because we felt that $25.00 plus tip plus rude welcome was not worth it. The person who checked us in did not even talk to us about any other aspect of the hotel which we had become accustomed to at other Aloft Hotels (i.e. Aloft Dallas- The BEST). We did not know where the Grab & Go was so we went elsewhere to eat. We also did not know where to find the pool.
The room was smaller than most Aloft hotels we have stayed in. The shampoos, conditioners, etc were Bliss which is one of my favorites. I love the complimentary water and the mini-fridge. The complimentary internet was very spotty in the room we were in.
When we checked out, there were three people at the desk who just stared at us. Finally someone asked if they could help us. I told her we were checking out and if she could add my SPG account to this reservation because I could not remember my SPG number and the system could not find me. She searched the system and finally found me under my old address. I told her we had not lived there for over a year and she said thanks for staying. She should have offered to change my SPG account. I know she could have done it or she could have given me a number to call etc. SPG is a big point for Starwood.
When we left the hotel, our parking fee was $10.00. We were so happy that we did not pay for Valet. Our total parking fee was $13.00 because we left shortly after checking in and had to pay $3.00 since we did not have in/out privileges.
I recommend the staff be sent to the Aloft hotel in Downtown Dallas for a crash course in customer service.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Charlotte Uptown At The Epicentre Hotel
- Aloft Charlotte Uptown At The Epicentre Hotel Charlotte
- Aloft Charlotte Uptown
- Aloft The Epicentre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate your style in North Carolina's financial center at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre. Close to shopping, dining, sports and the Nascar Hall of Fame ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Starwood, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.