“Very comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre

You added Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre to your Saves list
Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (Second Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #90 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Chrismartin76
“Very comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had a very comfortable stay here. As others mentioned, the only drawback is that the elevators can be a bit slow. Moreover there are two elevators. One gets you from the street level to the hotel lobby, and the next gets you from the lobby to your room. However, this is a minor nuisance.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to have a good view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If i was by myself the room should have been ok, but i was with my husband.
I reserved a King room. Thru Expedia.
When we got to the Hotel, the front desk confirmed my reservation, so what a surprise we got, no king bed. 2 queen beds, and a handicapped room.
My husband very disappointed with the room, wanted to change rooms but the guy in the front desk wasn't very helpful at all, he said that pretty much first come served. So what is the point of making a room selection reservation?
Ah we didn't arrive late just around 6 pm. So this kid said ah the check in is at 3pm. My point on this is they didnt care abouth the customer.
Besides that they wanted to charge me $25.00 instead of $20.00 for valet parking.
And on my reservation said $20.00 and also on the phone message.
If they have show me more interest on us, i would have paid the $25. But not i complaint on that.
So dont ever expect to get your room of choice in this Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I visited Charlotte for a wedding over the weekend. The location was great, with the hotel sitting literally by everything in the Epicenter. Bars and restaurants galore. Even a movie theatre and bowling alley! Not much shopping though. Walking, you can pretty get to any restaurant downtown or museum in a matter of minutes. You can not beat the location.

The hotel lobby sits on the 5th floor which is weird to take an elevator from the street and then another elevator to your room. Oh well they can't help that. Other complaint if any would be the valet are pretty useless. They are affiliated with the Epicenter so I felt they could care less about hotel guests. I understand the Aloft brand normally doesn't have valet but maybe they should recommend a better parking option than these valets.

Last but not least, I wanted to speak on my favorite experience I got from Aloft Epicenter. That is the fabulous desk agent Yvonne! She was great. From the check in experience, she welcomed me instantly and she never missed a chance to welcome me back during my stay. She was able to get me into a room early and give me 2 beds since I had friends with me for the wedding. I knew she didn't have to, but she made me feel like family. Yvonne also knew alot about the area and fun things to do and gave me passes for me and my friends for some of the bars.

Aloft is a limited service brand with no bellman, concierge, room service, etc. So I think it speaks volumes when a staff member goes far above and beyond. I cant say thank you enough to Yvonne who made my stay truly memorable!

• Stayed June 2013
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hi 214bz,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this detailed feedback with us, and our future guests. We're glad you enjoyed our stay and our convenient EpiCentre location.

We're so happy to hear that Yvonne exceeded your expectations and made your stay so memorable! We'll be sure to congratulate her on a job well done - thanks for letting us know!
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Made reservation to stay at Aloft Uptown. Worked late and arrived at hotel and was told we oversold the property and do not have a room for you. Why do you overbook a hotel? Poor business practice. You have my profile, do you think to call/email me before I arrive at hotel? Maybe direct me to another hotel you have chosen to save time.

Room Tip: Call to make sure you have a room!
Hi N M,

We are very sorry about the situation you experienced and imagine how frustrating this must have been. Overbooking is not our standard practice and we will look into this further to insure this is avoided in the future. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this caused you.
Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

What i like to the the hotel is:
Design. IT is different
Atmosphere, a lot of small attentions to give you an another hotel experience. A nice lounge, bar, live music on thursdays, a 5$ voucher if you ask them to skip cleaning your room etc.
Location: perfectly located in the centre of the city
BUT: I hate those places where both fridge and airco in the room are noisy. I had a room at street side overlooking the parking at the other side of the streets with extremely noisy airco turbines for the whole night.
So if you there, and are sensible to noise, make sure you don't have a room on trade street or on weekends on the epicentre itslef as it seems they are organising concerts over there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi BelgiumBirdie,

Thank you for your recent Aloft stay! We're happy you liked our location, unique stye, and enjoyed the live music at our W XYZ bar. Sorry to hear about the noise disturbances you experienced during your stay. We are happy to honor requests whenever possible for rooms facing away from the busier areas , so next time you're in town please give us a call ahead of time and we'll pre-book you in one of those rooms.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The Aloft hotel was a great hotel in a great location. Got a good price through expedia. Parking is $20 a night. Guess you will have to pay to park everywhere but it just seems steep. But overall a great value. If we are back in the area would stay again. The alive after five was great as well.

• Stayed May 2013
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hi Skyeguy2010,

Thank you for your recent stay, and for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. We're also thrilled to hear that you'll be staying with us again next time you're in town! When you return we hope you'll take advantage of Starwood's Best Rate Guarantee, where we guarantee you'll find the best rates when you book directly with us on our Aloft Hotels website.

Thanks again for sharing your comments and we look forward to your return!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed the weekend of 05-18-13 to 05-20-13. This HOTEL IS GREAT. I have to give special apprication for the follwoing employees who made our stay the best exprience.

Paul - Helped us with parking issues we entournted.
Kenny - Front Desk gave some great suggestions on Night Life Spots to Enjoy
Allie- Bartender was Great and personable.

My only issue was the elevators going to the garage. One was broken the entire weekend and it took over 23 min one time to get up to the hotel lobby. Becarfule of the elevators and how long it can take.

It will not deture me from staying at this hotel again. It will only determe as to where i park my car.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre? Share your experiences!