“Great Location in the Heart of Downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre

Save Saved
You added Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre to your Saves list
Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (First Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #88 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
“Great Location in the Heart of Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I visited Charlotte for a wedding over the weekend. The location was great, with the hotel sitting literally by everything in the Epicenter. Bars and restaurants galore. Even a movie theatre and bowling alley! Not much shopping though. Walking, you can pretty get to any restaurant downtown or museum in a matter of minutes. You can not beat the location.

The hotel lobby sits on the 5th floor which is weird to take an elevator from the street and then another elevator to your room. Oh well they can't help that. Other complaint if any would be the valet are pretty useless. They are affiliated with the Epicenter so I felt they could care less about hotel guests. I understand the Aloft brand normally doesn't have valet but maybe they should recommend a better parking option than these valets.

Last but not least, I wanted to speak on my favorite experience I got from Aloft Epicenter. That is the fabulous desk agent Yvonne! She was great. From the check in experience, she welcomed me instantly and she never missed a chance to welcome me back during my stay. She was able to get me into a room early and give me 2 beds since I had friends with me for the wedding. I knew she didn't have to, but she made me feel like family. Yvonne also knew alot about the area and fun things to do and gave me passes for me and my friends for some of the bars.

Aloft is a limited service brand with no bellman, concierge, room service, etc. So I think it speaks volumes when a staff member goes far above and beyond. I cant say thank you enough to Yvonne who made my stay truly memorable!

• Stayed June 2013
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hi 214bz,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this detailed feedback with us, and our future guests. We're glad you enjoyed our stay and our convenient EpiCentre location.

We're so happy to hear that Yvonne exceeded your expectations and made your stay so memorable! We'll be sure to congratulate her on a job well done - thanks for letting us know!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Made reservation to stay at Aloft Uptown. Worked late and arrived at hotel and was told we oversold the property and do not have a room for you. Why do you overbook a hotel? Poor business practice. You have my profile, do you think to call/email me before I arrive at hotel? Maybe direct me to another hotel you have chosen to save time.

Room Tip: Call to make sure you have a room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hi N M,

We are very sorry about the situation you experienced and imagine how frustrating this must have been. Overbooking is not our standard practice and we will look into this further to insure this is avoided in the future. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this caused you.
Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

What i like to the the hotel is:
Design. IT is different
Atmosphere, a lot of small attentions to give you an another hotel experience. A nice lounge, bar, live music on thursdays, a 5$ voucher if you ask them to skip cleaning your room etc.
Location: perfectly located in the centre of the city
BUT: I hate those places where both fridge and airco in the room are noisy. I had a room at street side overlooking the parking at the other side of the streets with extremely noisy airco turbines for the whole night.
So if you there, and are sensible to noise, make sure you don't have a room on trade street or on weekends on the epicentre itslef as it seems they are organising concerts over there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi BelgiumBirdie,

Thank you for your recent Aloft stay! We're happy you liked our location, unique stye, and enjoyed the live music at our W XYZ bar. Sorry to hear about the noise disturbances you experienced during your stay. We are happy to honor requests whenever possible for rooms facing away from the busier areas , so next time you're in town please give us a call ahead of time and we'll pre-book you in one of those rooms.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The Aloft hotel was a great hotel in a great location. Got a good price through expedia. Parking is $20 a night. Guess you will have to pay to park everywhere but it just seems steep. But overall a great value. If we are back in the area would stay again. The alive after five was great as well.

• Stayed May 2013
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hi Skyeguy2010,

Thank you for your recent stay, and for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. We're also thrilled to hear that you'll be staying with us again next time you're in town! When you return we hope you'll take advantage of Starwood's Best Rate Guarantee, where we guarantee you'll find the best rates when you book directly with us on our Aloft Hotels website.

Thanks again for sharing your comments and we look forward to your return!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed the weekend of 05-18-13 to 05-20-13. This HOTEL IS GREAT. I have to give special apprication for the follwoing employees who made our stay the best exprience.

Paul - Helped us with parking issues we entournted.
Kenny - Front Desk gave some great suggestions on Night Life Spots to Enjoy
Allie- Bartender was Great and personable.

My only issue was the elevators going to the garage. One was broken the entire weekend and it took over 23 min one time to get up to the hotel lobby. Becarfule of the elevators and how long it can take.

It will not deture me from staying at this hotel again. It will only determe as to where i park my car.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am a huge fan of W Hotels, so when I was booking a business trip to Charlotte, I decided that I wanted to try this hotel, as I had never stayed at an Aloft before, but I've heard friends rave about it.

The Aloft is a perfect location for bars and restaurants as it is literally in the EpiCentre. However, I was in town on St. Patrick's weekend...bad idea. I'm sure I only fell asleep because I was dog-tired and the bed was sooooo comfortable.

I have stayed at the Aloft a second time since, and it was a much quieter experience. I enjoy the style of the rooms, it makes you feel as though you're in New York somewhere, staying at a boutique hotel. The staff is great. Check-in was a breeze. And the Bliss products are a huge bonus. [Bliss fan here!] I do plan on staying here again and I look forward to trying other Alofts in different cities.

Suggestion: Make sure you call valet at least 10 minutes before you plan on leaving everytime, as they may be backed up and you won't have to wait a while outside.

Room Tip: If it's a big weekend and you want a quiet room, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hi shakeitshakeit,

Thanks so much for staying with us on your recent trips to Charlotte, and for sharing your feedback! We're happy you enjoyed your Aloft experience as much as your friends did, and that you enjoyed both of your stays, despite one being over a particularly busy time for the city and the EpiCentre area.

We're so glad to hear you found our rooms and beds comfortable, and our staff accommodating - these are top priorities for us and we love receiving this kind of feedback!

Please come see us again soon, and do reach out in advance so we can pre-book you in a nice, quiet room.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I wanted to explore Charlotte as it was our first time in the city. This hotel was perfect for us. The location couldn't be better in the Epicenter which has lots of bars and restaurants. The room is modern and worked out great for us. The beds are very comfortable and the staff was friendly. There is a bar and pool table in the lobby. Parking is $20 a day which is annoying but that would be my only complaint. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello g8rchick1980,

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your first trip to Charlotte and your stay here at Aloft! Glad to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, and that you found our beds comfortable and staff friendly. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Charlotte!

Been to Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre? Share your experiences!