“Great Staff / Great Hotel / Horrible Elevators” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre

You added Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre to your Saves list
Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (Second Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #90 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Orlando, Florida
“Great Staff / Great Hotel / Horrible Elevators”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed the weekend of 05-18-13 to 05-20-13. This HOTEL IS GREAT. I have to give special apprication for the follwoing employees who made our stay the best exprience.

Paul - Helped us with parking issues we entournted.
Kenny - Front Desk gave some great suggestions on Night Life Spots to Enjoy
Allie- Bartender was Great and personable.

My only issue was the elevators going to the garage. One was broken the entire weekend and it took over 23 min one time to get up to the hotel lobby. Becarfule of the elevators and how long it can take.

It will not deture me from staying at this hotel again. It will only determe as to where i park my car.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am a huge fan of W Hotels, so when I was booking a business trip to Charlotte, I decided that I wanted to try this hotel, as I had never stayed at an Aloft before, but I've heard friends rave about it.

The Aloft is a perfect location for bars and restaurants as it is literally in the EpiCentre. However, I was in town on St. Patrick's weekend...bad idea. I'm sure I only fell asleep because I was dog-tired and the bed was sooooo comfortable.

I have stayed at the Aloft a second time since, and it was a much quieter experience. I enjoy the style of the rooms, it makes you feel as though you're in New York somewhere, staying at a boutique hotel. The staff is great. Check-in was a breeze. And the Bliss products are a huge bonus. [Bliss fan here!] I do plan on staying here again and I look forward to trying other Alofts in different cities.

Suggestion: Make sure you call valet at least 10 minutes before you plan on leaving everytime, as they may be backed up and you won't have to wait a while outside.

Room Tip: If it's a big weekend and you want a quiet room, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hi shakeitshakeit,

Thanks so much for staying with us on your recent trips to Charlotte, and for sharing your feedback! We're happy you enjoyed your Aloft experience as much as your friends did, and that you enjoyed both of your stays, despite one being over a particularly busy time for the city and the EpiCentre area.

We're so glad to hear you found our rooms and beds comfortable, and our staff accommodating - these are top priorities for us and we love receiving this kind of feedback!

Please come see us again soon, and do reach out in advance so we can pre-book you in a nice, quiet room.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I wanted to explore Charlotte as it was our first time in the city. This hotel was perfect for us. The location couldn't be better in the Epicenter which has lots of bars and restaurants. The room is modern and worked out great for us. The beds are very comfortable and the staff was friendly. There is a bar and pool table in the lobby. Parking is $20 a day which is annoying but that would be my only complaint. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello g8rchick1980,

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your first trip to Charlotte and your stay here at Aloft! Glad to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, and that you found our beds comfortable and staff friendly. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Charlotte!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night traveling back to Atlanta. First, we had a pretty hard time finding it - there is a specific garage you're supposed to park in, but there isn't a sign outside of the parking garage telling you you can park there for the hotel and the sign on the hotel is so high up on the building you can't see it from your car. The hotel itself was very cool - it had a European minimalist/eclectic feel to it - but I felt like everything was a little worn and needed some updates. The view was nice and I liked the look of our room, but it was really loud. Because you're staying right at the EpiCentre, you're also right next to clubs and you could hear that music all night (might have been better on the other side of the hotel). I liked that they allowed pets and thought the fitness center and snack choices were good.Also, you literally could not have a better location if you want to be in the heart of downtown Charlotte -- you're right upstairs from restaurants, shops, etc.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far from the clubs surrounding it as possible, unless of course you're plan...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi Jennifer F,

Thank you for your recent stay, and for taking the time to share this feedback. We're happy you enjoyed our unique atmosphere, location, and amenities. Sorry to hear about the trouble you had finding our parking garage and that you found some items to be worn - we appreciate your feedback on how we can improve!
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Aloft in the Charlotte EpiCentre after seeing a Charlotte Bobcats game at the TWC arena. It's really conveniently located, with lots of restaurants and bars in the EpiCentre, only a short elevator ride from the hotel (which is on the top floors). It took us a while to get checked in at the desk because there were so many people checking in (to be expected on a Saturday afternoon, I suppose). Our rooms were clean, comfortable bed, great views of the city. But they were quite small without a lot of dresser or closet space to store clothing (fine for me as we were only there for 1 night).

However, the other couple we were traveling with got a room a few doors down from ours and they had a really hard time sleeping because the sounds of the clubs down below in the EpiCentre were so loud. My friend wrote a review on TripAdvisor complaining of this, and the Aloft manager got in touch with her saying he would refund her for the room because of the poor quality of their stay. Great, right?

Not great - the manager never delivered on the promise of a refund. After several email interactions, it became clear that the refund was incorrectly applied to the wrong credit card (so some other lucky guest got a free night) although we had provided the confirmation number and receipt from the stay. When the manager was contacted again to report the lack of refund, he responded by saying, "there is nothing else I can do."

Basically the hotel is fine unless you get one of the loud rooms (of which I have to assume there are a few, we were not on the lowest floor of the hotel so the rooms underneath must have been even louder!!). But I have to give it a 1 star review because of the really terrible service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is far away from the loud EpiCentre clubs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

If you plan to sleep while staying here, make sure you ask for the quiet side of the hotel. I asked for it, but there were no rooms available so I was kept awake much of the night by the thumping base of the music below. The room was clean and staff friendly but I would not stay here again due to the location.

• Stayed April 2013
Hello LauraQ427,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. While many guests love our convenience to local attractions, restaurants, businesses and nightlife - noise from the surrounding areas can sometimes be a challenge. We do our best to accommodate room requests such as this so I'm sorry to hear we weren't able to offer an alternate room for you. We're glad you found our hotel clean and staff friendly, and should you decide to return please contact us directly prior to your arrival and we'll make sure to book you in a room further away from the EpiCentre activity.
Georgetown, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I attempted to check in early about one hour, before the regular reservation, but the hotel wasn’t able to check us in until 3:00. That was fine. So we went to the Ritz-Carlton for a cocktail. We were put on the 14th Floor in the smallest room we have ever stayed at any Aloft property. The street noise was loud. I asked for a vase for my flowers but was told they don’t have the ability to accommodate their guests for such requests.
I improvised and used an ice bucket. So much for the “Best Bar” in Charlotte! I asked for a glass of Champagne but they were out of. So back to the room. We had one tiny bottle of body lotion. No one serviced our room that evening and it was easier not to deal with the staff because I felt we were such an inconvenience to them.
This hotel needs to take a look at the “Coimbatore India” property. They will go out of their way to accommodate guests.
What a disappointment! We couldn’t check out fast enough in the morning. I will definitely be rethinking staying at any of these properties.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Denise A,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay - it sounds like we missed the mark in several areas and fell below our standard of service. We take your feedback seriously and appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention.

Been to Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre? Share your experiences!