“A beautiful, peaceful walk among the butterflies, birds and foliage.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Charlotte Nature Museum

Ranked #47 of 58 Attractions in Charlotte
Type: Science Museums, Museums
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature-based fun and learning awaits in every corner of the Charlotte Nature Museum. Little ones can get close to wildlife and walk among free-flying butterflies in Butterfly Pavilion, observe live animals in Creature Cavern, buzz by Insect Alley, hang out in Our Big Backyard, walk the Paw Paw Nature Trail in the 100-year-old forest or go wild in Fort Wild, a new outdoor play area.
Morristown, New Jersey
46 attraction reviews
“A beautiful, peaceful walk among the butterflies, birds and foliage.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Nature museum was a pleasant surprise. It's an indoor botanical garden with local foliage, plants and a butterfly pavilion. It was geared towards children, but we enjoyed everything they had to offer. http://www.charlottenaturemuseum.org/

Visited June 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
“Love the outdoor play area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I love it how, in the middle of such an urban area, there's a little forest that kids can roam. I'm talking about the 100 year old paw-paw forest. It has trails and more recently, an entire play area that's very unique. My son could spend hours out there digging in the sand box, building with logs or tossing rocks into the small pond. I love it that the entire thing is fenced in so you don't worry about little ones roaming or strangers hiding in the trees. The museum itself is also nice with the animals and exhibits but those don't change often. We usually go for the outdoor area.

Visited August 2012
8 attraction reviews
“Charlotte Nature Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

A Charlotte tradition...our parents took us here while at Freedom Park, we took our kids, and now they're taking theirs. Never fails to impress.

Visited May 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Great place if you are at Freedom Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This place is all about Charlotte's very own wildlife. It's a small place, yet it's informative. I do love the nature trail. I wouldn't make a special trip across town to this place, but if I took my family for a day at Freedom Park then I would most certainly take my children. There is a path leading from the park to the museum.

Visited May 2012
Troy, Michigan
37 attraction reviews
“Fun place for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

They have live animals, including a butterfly space. Nice way to sped an afternoon. It is also connected to Liberty Park via walking stroller friendly walking trails. Pack a picnic go to the park then on to the museum.

Visited June 2012

Been to Charlotte Nature Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Charlotte Nature Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.