The high points:
** Guaranteed late check-in was promptly handled on a Tuesday evening, seeing us to the 6th floor in an immaculate, comfortable, well stocked, and very large, technologically-infused room which faced Arrowood Rd. (More on this later)
** In the mornings, we were greeted by one of the hotel's greatest assets, Miss Lucille, in the breakfast nook. If there's anyone who truly loves her job, she is it--she's the Hyatt's version of the bygone Welcome Wagon! Introduced herself, and asked for our names in return, with a smile and all the bubbliness of a bottle of champagne. What a wonderful way to start the day! The yummy HP skillet sandwiches (free and offered on weekdays) are a refreshing change from the routine continental deals. Sidenote: Breakfast ends very early compared to many other hotels (6:30-9:00 or so I believe), but there's alternative options within walking distance. Also, there's always snack and sweet-tooth options available for purchase in the case next to the desk and scant bar. We didn't sample the offerings but the upscale goodies looked awesome.
** Front desk staff was immensely helpful, polite, and attentive with suggestions, directions, and overall area information. We got to know many of the employees by name as we spent more time than normal tending to business matters on the hotel property and ALL get rave reviews from us! Shamere, Beverly, Cheryl, Joel, and the newbie, Tiff, all deserve a heartfelt thank you for making our stay that much more fun and enjoyable.
** Very business friendly place as was evidenced by the large volume of weekday corporate visitors, as well as our own needs being met to accomplish our goals.
The low points:
** Arrowood had a lot of siren activity during our stay as well as the select few idiots that felt the need to burn rubber at the lights and around the corners from 1 a.m. to 3 a.m. or so. The external noise may be bothersome to light sleepers facing the front of the hotel.
** Our last night there, multiple cars were broken into and valuables allegedly stolen. We overheard one of the victims discussing it with each other at breakfast and as we departed for a brief period of time, there was suddenly a police presence that hadn't been there all week.
** Experienced several interruptions with the Wi-Fi; while always available, it would sometimes cut in and out but it was of a minor inconvenience for my personal needs.
** The only real complaint that personally affected us pertained to the housekeeping department. On one particular day, we'd gotten an early start and didn't return to the hotel until around 5 p.m., only to find that our room door wasn't closed all the way and a key was not necessary to enter. It pushed right open and anyone could have easily entered unauthorized. (Customer comment cards are left in the room denoting the staff member that tended to that room on that day so we swiftly went to the front desk with it and put them on notice after securing the room). We have no idea how much time elapsed until our discovery, but after taking inventory of our belongings, we quickly learned not a thing was missing. In a separate incident, on our last full day there, we left the room multiple times to go off on errands, enjoy the quietness of the swimming pool, and scooted off for a bite to eat. Arriving back to the Hyatt on Sunday at roughly 4:20 p.m, we entered our room to find it still hadn't been cleaned. We went down and notified the front desk person, who told us the housekeeping staff was still on site. At this point, we were so tired and just wanted to shower, pack, and relax in our bed (and take a nap!) before our departure the following day, that we simply asked for additional towels and coffee for the in-room brewer and figured we could certainly cope with the sheets not being changed or trash emptied for an evening.
Overall, I will return here in a heartbeat. The staff works as a team and they genuinely want the guests to enjoy their stay and will bend over backwards if and when they can. The lobby area is welcoming and clean; the swimming pool has just been freshly painted and maintained and towels are readily available outside to dry off. The Hyatt Place is so incredibly convenient to a variety of things, including Carowinds, the airport, Downtown, the major highways, and not terribly far from the Speedway. It's a great value for a family and business traveler.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood Hotel
- Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood Hotel Charlotte
- Hyatt Place Charlotte Arrowood
- Hyatt Charlotte
- Hyatt Place Charlotte
- Charlotte Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place combines style and innovation to create a completely new hotel experience. An experience that offers an array of services and features designed to meet the evolving needs of today's traveler.DescriptionHyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood is conveniently located near Westinghouse Boulevard, where most of Charlotte's major businesses have their offices. The hotel is located only 5 miiles from Carowinds Theme Park.General InformationHyatt Place is designed for the 24/7 lifestyle of a multi-tasker, perfectly blending style and comfort. Guests can enjoy a fresh bite to eat at anytime of the day off the menu in the Gallery, start their day with the all-new complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet™, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes and steel cut oatmeal, is available daily in our Guest Kitchen, and stay connected through free wi-fi and 42 inch tvs in all guestrooms. At Hyatt Place guests discover everything they need for a refreshingly seamless stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.