“Clean & Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Clean & Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight here and found it clean and comfortable. It was a non-smoking facility and they encouraged you to use the stairs as a way to stay fit. I liked their staff and the price. Although we did not swim, this was one of the few places in the area with an indoor pool.The location was good for all the convenient things you need when taking a trip-dining options, grocery, pharmacy and beauty supplies. Easy to find right off the highway. We felt safe and had no problems. I would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Recently there was an unfortunate chain of events that took place in my life and i found myself here at the Sleep Inn Northlake. without going in to detail the staff (Kelly & Susan) was very helpful in my time of need 2 staff members in particular was Nic the night reservation manager and Ms. Loretta the cleaning specialist. These 2 in particular made things very easy to deal with the things i was going through and i want to say thank you will recommend this hotel for future upcoming events with my family!!! thanks chocolate mocha ;-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
SleepInnNorth, General Manager at Sleep Inn North Lake, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Ms. Mochagrl711 ,

Greetings again! I enjoyed reading your review about Sleep Inn Northlake and thank you for doing so. I also thank you for your recent stay with us

I appreciate you complimenting ourFront Desk staff, and one of our housekeepers. What seperates us from other hotels in the area, truly is our staff. I am very appreciative of what they do, and how they represent our hotel

Sleep Inn Northlake
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed for two nights; hotel staff exhibited excellent customer service skills; the room seemed a bit small, but was comfortable; we enjoyed a very nice hot breakfast; hotel is conveniently located adjacent to the interstate highway and within a short distance of several shopping centers, numerous eating establishments, and attractions such as the Billy Graham Library.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SleepInnNorth, General Manager at Sleep Inn North Lake, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Donna S,

Greetings again! Thank you for your kind comments and thank you for your stay with us. I truly love our "queen" city of Charlotte. We have the best sports venues, excellent amusement parks, best museums, and I love Billy Graham library. Nice to see another traveler recomending this place. So much to see, and learn from him at his library off Billy Graham parkway!

I am also glad you enjoyed our hotel. I truly think we have best value, with a complimentary hot breakfast, you cant go wrong!

Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nilay who works in front desk is a great person and has great customer serivice. House cleaning is the best to when you leave your room and come back it was like you wasnt even there. The manager chris is a great manager of the hotel and hope he stays with this company and location. I will def come back and stay here when I come to visit again. Thank you so much for treating me like family while I was away from home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Spencer H,

Hello again. It was a pleasure having you at our hotel for a week. Thank you for your kind comments about Nilay and myself. I am fortunate to be surrounded by great staff, and also, a great hotel in an excellent location.

Look forward to when you visit again, and thank you for your stay with us!
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights while attending a convention. The motel was convenient because a bus ran directly downtown from in front of the motel. (Entrance to I-85 was also close.)
The room was very nice, with a refrigerator and microwave, as well as a fast internet connection. The motel was far enough off the street that we did not hear the traffic noise from the busy intersection nearby.
Also liked that there were healthy choices offered at breakfast, such as yogurt, fresh fruit, and low fat milk, as well as bagels and waffles.

Room Tip: Being on the 5th floor probably made the room quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The hotel is very nice, clean and updated. The breakfast was decent, and even included bacon. The room was large and comfortable. My only complaint was a strong odor in the room, maybe like febreeze used to hide the odor of someone who had smoked in the room? They did have a sign on the bed saying that they would make things right if one was not satisfied, so I give them a lot of credit for that. I would hesitate before staying here again, definitely check to be sure the room didn't have an odor.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SleepInnNorth, General Manager at Sleep Inn North Lake, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Steven,

Thank you for your stay with us, and thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. Im glad you found hotel to be nice and clean
I do apologize for the odor you experienced. We only used nationally recognized companies such as Ecolab to eliminate odors, and for sanitaition purposes. At times, despite our greatest efforts, certain odors can prolong longer then we desire, and apologize for what you experienced
Murdock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

In looking at other reviews of this hotel, I debated staying here. And my review is a bit mixed as well. Upon arrival, staff was pleasant, and I was checked in and asked for 8:30 wake-up so I could have breakfast at the hotel before going on my way. The room was neat and clean, and nothing fancy, but I slept well, so it was a good bed. There was a small indoor pool, which I took advantage of in the morning. The 'deep' end was 4' and overall, very small pool, but it was heated which felt great. It was most clean in appearance, however, I was surprised to find several dead bugs in it since it was indoors. I never received the wake-up call, so I overslept and did not get breakfast, which caused me to have to buy breakfast that I was not expecting to do. If I had a specific timed meeting that would have been trouble. Staff didn't seem overly bothered by the mistake. Disappointing in that regard. If I was in the area, I would consider staying here again, but I would also consider other options depending on the exact circumstances.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Murdoch,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and I am quite impressed with your tripadvisor profile! Your quite a traveler, and I enjoyed reading your other reviews of other hotels and attractions! I appreciate the feedback you left on our hotel. While its not the feedback I hope for, it does give us some valuable insight, so we can improve ourselves.
I have addressed your concerns to the appropriate departments and again, I am sorry for the blunders you had during your stay, and thank you again for staying with us and leaving us feedback on your site.
Chris Owen

Been to Sleep Inn North Lake? Share your experiences!