“Mixed rating for this hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #48 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Murdock
“Mixed rating for this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

In looking at other reviews of this hotel, I debated staying here. And my review is a bit mixed as well. Upon arrival, staff was pleasant, and I was checked in and asked for 8:30 wake-up so I could have breakfast at the hotel before going on my way. The room was neat and clean, and nothing fancy, but I slept well, so it was a good bed. There was a small indoor pool, which I took advantage of in the morning. The 'deep' end was 4' and overall, very small pool, but it was heated which felt great. It was most clean in appearance, however, I was surprised to find several dead bugs in it since it was indoors. I never received the wake-up call, so I overslept and did not get breakfast, which caused me to have to buy breakfast that I was not expecting to do. If I had a specific timed meeting that would have been trouble. Staff didn't seem overly bothered by the mistake. Disappointing in that regard. If I was in the area, I would consider staying here again, but I would also consider other options depending on the exact circumstances.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SleepInnNorth, General Manager at Sleep Inn North Lake, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Murdoch,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and I am quite impressed with your tripadvisor profile! Your quite a traveler, and I enjoyed reading your other reviews of other hotels and attractions! I appreciate the feedback you left on our hotel. While its not the feedback I hope for, it does give us some valuable insight, so we can improve ourselves.
I have addressed your concerns to the appropriate departments and again, I am sorry for the blunders you had during your stay, and thank you again for staying with us and leaving us feedback on your site.
Chris Owen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Leesburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Hotel is totally smoke free, a bonus for us. We stayed here both before and after a trip to Ohio. Rooms were fine both times; beds comfortable, spotlessly clean. I liked that air conditioner fan ran steadily rather than coming on and off which interrups sleep for me. Two reasons motel does not get better rating from me: sliding door between commode and shower is not functional -- if you want/need privacy you won't have it; breakfast the first stay was o.k. not great -- yogurt and fresh fruit saved it for me. eggs were inedible. Second stay breakfast was not good. No fruit, no yogurt until after 7 a.m. we were told. By then we had to be on our way. Maybe they will improve on the breakfast -- check later reviews

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
35 reviews!
Excellent traveler I see, and thank you for visiting us 2 times! I both enjoyed reading your review of my hotel, and also was saddened concerning some of our brands flaws you expressed in your review. Sleep Inn concept, is very unique, and like no other brand. We keep our costs, and rates low, to pass on to our travelers like yourself. The sliding bath door is certanly unique, and to some travelers is something that is not one of their favorite of our brand.

I was also saddened to read about your disappointment with our breakfast. I have shown your review to the breakfast staff, and I know we can do better then this. I apologize for not having out a quality breakfast during the time you experienced it

Thanks again for your stay with us
Hotel General Manager
Gloucester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great place to stay! I got a really cheap rate through Priceline and you never know what to expect but it exceeded all my expectations! Big rooms, great location and the staff we met were very helpful. We were checking out and Susan at the front desk asked where we were heading to. We told her Atlanta. I mentioned that we haven't reserved a room in Atlanta because we were just winging a weekend trip. She found us a hotel exactly where we wanted to be. The hotel she book for us in Atlanta was amazing and for a great price. Susan was so nice and helpful. Really nice to see there are good people out there still willing to help. Susan went above and beyond and we thank her. Stay here with no regrets!

Room Tip: got a great deal through Priceline.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings again,

Thank you kindly for your stay with us, and I appreciate the feedback you left concerning your stay with us. We welcome all feedback, both good and bad, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Susan has been a welcomed addition to our staff in 2012, and we appreciate what she brings to our hotel. She is very hands on, and knows how to go the extra mile for our guests and employees

Thank you again for your kind comments and look forward to seeing you again on your travels here to Charlotte
Hotel General Manager
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We came here for a short get away after plans for the beach fell through. (Lake Norman) The hotel itself was very NICE included an indoor pool, especially for the cost!! However, the best thing about our visit was the staff, I will re-post a review with her name but she was super and went out of her way to accommodate myself and my kids. It also has free continental breakfast which saved us some money as well... I travel quite a bit and I will definitely stay here again,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hilton Head Island, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here on Friday Night, September 14th and its a nice place for price. Staff and manager seem to care about guest. Breakfast area was full with guest and kids, but manager on duty made it a prioirty that guest were taken care of. Room was on second floor back side and quiet and comfortable. AC worked well as it blocked out any noise. ( I noticed some bad reviews but thought I would give it a try) Im a Choice Gold Member and stay at several properties in Charlotte Area for racing events. Its very easy access to and from I-77 and I-85. The only thing I can say is the exbit hall near by has many events and is usually full with these folks. The room and bath were clean and looks like they have upgraded the rooms and bedding somewhat. The price is reasonable for a night or two and does have two fast food restaurants to walk to for late night snack or meal. I will certainly stay here again when I am in the Charlotte Area for races as long as the price is reasonable. Check In and out were speedy. I stopped by the hotel Friday morning before going to the track around noon time and manager said the room was not ready but I explained that i would be going to the race-track and it would be late coming back so she pre-checked me in and gave me the key card so when I returned i would not have to wait or be checked in. Thanks for being kind, and understanding and taking care of folks when they are off to an event in the area. Great Customer Service....

Room Tip: Hotel lot and area is very secured. Nothing out of the ordinary and not in a bad neighborhood. Pre...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at the Sleep Inn during the Democratic National Convention. I had no choice in the reservation, but it could certainly have been worse. I was able to check in early and even got a king sized bed. The room was nice, with free WiFi, which was extremely helpful. No bathtub, but a good sized shower stall. Main downfall were the sliding door on the bathroom and the distance from downtown Charlotte. I'm sure under normal circumstances the location would have been fine, but during the convention we had up to an hour wait for a cab in the area. Front desk folks were extremely helpful and accommodating when I had to check out later than expected.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We checked in at 6pm and had excellent customer service from Susan Woodhouse. There's a Waffle House next door and a Jack In The Box in front of it, so dinner and b'fast are covered. No need to worry about the "free" breakfast in the lobby. $10 extra for our little Yorkie-Poo Hanah to stay in our room on the ground floor reserved for canine guests. Would stay again. There's an indoor pool as a bonus for those who bring their suits.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn North Lake? Share your experiences!