“Stay far away from this place!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #41 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
“Stay far away from this place!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

I too stayed here for the indoor pool but upon seeing how dirty it looked, I was afraid to get in it. The sheets on the be we're torn. I didn't notice until late at night when I turned the TV off that the shower leaked and dripped all night. Had it not been so late after a very long day, I would have asked to be moved. The next morning I also noticed the sink was dirty and the trash cans in the rooms had not been emptied. When I spoke with someone at the front desk they said ut wasn't their fault, they have a 3rd party cleaning crew. Stating I clearly wasn't satisfied, the gentleman told me he would talk to his manager and get me 50% off. He called back to say the manager had decided to give me $10 off. I have stayed at choice hotels for years and this is only the second bad experience I have had. They really should take the satisfaction guaranteed sign down. I will be calling choice hotels tomorrow morning. This place is awful and the service and concern from management is worse! Don't waste your money!

• Stayed June 2012
SleepInnNorth, General Manager at Sleep Inn North Lake, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Greetings,

I would like to thank you, on 2 accounts. I appreciate your stay with us, and thank you for leaving feedback on this great travel site

I am very sorry we let you down, and I am sorry my employee did not stress the importance of how concerned you were with your stay with us. We are in the middle of an extensive renovations, and right now, you probably experienced things in ways you shouldnt have

We are proud to say we have put new hdtvs in all rooms, we are in process of re-doing our indoor pool (while the pool stays open) Putting a new HVAC system in pool area, rolling out a new Hot Breakfast Buffet bar, total lobby refresh, new staff, and according to your observations, we have some improvments that need to be done immediately.

I thank you again for your input in this matter, and thank you for your stay with us

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very convenient to the highway. The pool floor was dirty and that was a disappointment. But the overall stay was good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
SleepInnNorth, General Manager at Sleep Inn North Lake, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for your stay with us,. and thank you for leaving feeback on this great travel site. We think we have it all here at Sleep Inn Northlake! With rooms generally 30-50 less then most of competition in the area, and with a great service minded staff, you cant go wrong.

I also saw the review of our pool. We are saddened to see you did not enjoy our pool. We are in the process of re-painting the pool, and adding great improvements this summer to our pool. While it gave a "dirty" feel and look, and I do agree with you on that assessment, it is actually stained markings which gives it a "dirty" appearance

Hotel General Manager
pgh pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

checked in clerk helped find coupon in book saved 20 dollars. woke up with migraine asked to pay for extra 4 hours stay .said we could stay no charge .checked out at1 pm manager chris was super. b bobby selder pgh pa

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
SleepInnNorth, General Manager at Sleep Inn North Lake, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Greetings again!

I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and I thank you for leavking kind comments on this site.
I truly felt sorry for your wife, and I know its not fun traveling in a car, when your up against a migraine headache.

I think our location offers both great service, and clean comfortable rooms at a very reasonable price
Thanks again for your stay with us,
Hotel General Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

the front desk staff needed a lesson in customer service! the beds were very small and uncomfortable..the sheets do not fit on the bed..the bathrooms needed cleaning..we stayed because of the indoor pool..it was skanky! trash floating in pool..pool area not cleaned! when I told the lady about the pool she denied it, she said the pool was clean. our door keys would not work and the lady at the front desk was annoyed because they were not working. Needed a carpet cleaning bad! We left a coat in the room, the lady at the hotel called and i was trying to give her my fedex account number to ship the coat back to me..she told me that they did not do that, I would have to come back and pick coat up...what a trip! If you were from out of town like us, than you were out of luck! Thank God my brother lived in charlotte and went and got the coat...why did she call if she wasnt going to assist in sending the coat back and not even at her expense...just 5 minutes to ship the coat back! The lady at the front desk told me that she will never, ever call anyone again if they left their belongs! She than added that we should have been lucky that we got a good rate because that room would of cost us at least $200 per night...what a joke! I have come to a realization that it would be better to pay more and stay at a hotel that had a good reputation.Will never stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: check the ratings and the reviews before booking
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
SleepInnNorth, General Manager at Sleep Inn North Lake, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Greetings Ms. Vivian,

I would like to thank you on 2 accounts. I thank you for your recent stay with us in February, and thank you for taking the time to share your comments on this site.

I was saddened to read your experience you had at this hotel, and only wish we had talked concerning your coat. I think you might of misunderstood my associate, but when anyone leaves something behind, once we have verified we do have it, we then take it to a 3rd party shipping company and they make the arrangements with consumer to have it returned in a timely fashion. If you have FedEx #, its very simple. I truly think it was a matter of misunderstanding, but I again thank you for sharing your experiences
Christopher Owen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here many times as I accommodates me and my truck. I normally park, walk in PAY CASH For room (me and dog) then I'm off to eat. I have done this I don't know how many times. And here comes the changes. Before I could even get out of my truck this time a woman was standing there to run me off if I was not getting a room. So I went inside to get room and this time I needed a credit card or no room then was told after that I needed another 15 dollars for my dog. When I questioned her she said she had to call manager. She got on phone and walked away out of sight. When she came back she said the manager told her to charge me more for the room but she said if I just pay like she said she would not. So much for my perfect hotel in the right spot. I feel like I just got scammed and I'm not ok with that. I will start looking for another place in this area and as soon as I find one I will start staying there instead. That is UNLESS THEY DECIDE TO START BEING FRIENDLY AGAIN.

• Stayed January 2012
Montréal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

We arrived with a reduction coupon, the person at the reception told us this was ok. When she asked us to signed the registration form the amount was not the one indicated on our coupon, She told us she has to call her manager but we had to sign to agree the fare which was wrong, we did not sign it. She insist to tell us that at the check out the coupon amount would be honored and guess what...it was not.
It was a different person, we asked to see the registration form and the reduce coupon was stapled to it but she did not honored it, she told us we had to call the manager to solve the problem.

Do not go to this hotel, they are not honest and it is not clean.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn North Lake? Share your experiences!