“Overall great location for what was needed.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Charlotte North - Speedway - UNCC - Research Park

You added Days Inn Charlotte North - Speedway - UNCC - Research Park to your Saves list
Days Inn Charlotte North - Speedway - UNCC - Research Park
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1408 West Sugar Creek Road, Charlotte, NC 28262 (Mineral Springs)   |
Ranked #118 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
“Overall great location for what was needed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

The place was very convenient for the debate tournament for which I was on. It was fairly clean and the people working here were great an made us feel like we were at home. I recommend this hotel for any in the area over those around for time.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Concord
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I had used my Wyndham points to book here for a little rest time while traveling. When I got to the hotel there were many questionable people "loitering" about. When I went to check in they wanted a credit card number for "incidentals". Now I was only going to be there 4-5 hours...and I had a cell phone so there wasn't going to be any incidentals. Seeing as recently my credit card number had been used without my permission...traced back to another hotel's employee... I offered $50 cash deposit. (room wasn't that much) my CASH was refused. Cash. United States legal tender. refused. I was not allowed to check in without a credit card. I was on the phone to my boyfriend and said "come and deal with this sh**" and they threw me out for profanity. Now given the language of the loiterers!! OMG... Now I have lost my points and doubt I will get them back... DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: try another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
WV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed here, had confirmed our room with a credit card, and paid CASH when we checked in. There was NO food in the vending machine at all -- the pool was Murky -- Threre were NO waffles like promised in their ads. When we checked out, we were given a receipt that said we charged it. WRONG. We went back to ask for a CASH receipt -- the employee got beligerent with us, said he was gonna charge us extra -- then started yelling that we were racially abusing him -- and fake - called the cops. Stay FAR AWAY from this place. (The "restaurant" is a block away")

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

There really isn't much happiness to this place at all. My first visit to North Carolina to visit a school I will be attending close by and when booking my hotel I did not notice that I did not book the Days Inn hotel that I originally wanted until I got to the hotel. When walking in the front desk clerk looked at me for about 2 minutes before he actually spoke which his first words were "Whad up"..HUH?? Me being a Pennsylvanian wanted to speak out loud what I was thinking but proceeded with I have a reservation. While he was speaking on the phone with whomever, checked me in, gave me my key in a raggidy envelope and no enjoy your stay. While parking I noticed that the area had nosey people straggling around the motel (not a hotel) being nosey, smoking cigarettes and of course noticing my tags from PA. Walking into the room..let me just say I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AT ALL. Phone didn't work, remote control didn't have batteries, the carpet DISGUSTING, the bathroom walls just filthy. Really there was NOTHING impressive about this place except that you are only 5 minutes away from uptown Charlotte which was the ONLY plus. Other than that, don't waste the small amount of money on this place. Oh yea, there was a shooting right up the street at the subway day 2 I was there. 2 men tried to rob the subway and the owner shot and killed the one guy and the other was injured. Never again. A dump for sure. Don't let the pics from the front desk office fool ya. It looks NOTHING like this. Everything was just nasty and DON'T ask the front desk for any directions to anything. He put me on the phone with a male that explained directions that my 2 year old niece could do and THAN tried to sell me bootleg dvds because I requested a close movie theater around..NO, NO, NO..DON'T DO IT. You WILL regret it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Bayboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

bad side of town, two beds one set of towels , floor so dirty it turns the bottom of your feet black, weekend was terrible, the weekend clientele was underage, ghetto and unruly,staff at front desk cold and distant attitude not very friendly at all but there was one bright spot .....other hotels close by. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

This motel was one of my only options as it was right off of the highway and allowed dogs. This was the week of the monster Nov rain storm that hit the east coast and I was exhausted from driving slow in the rain. It was late and not being a NC native, I had no idea that I wasn't in the most favorable part of town. Check in was smooth, though the front desk guys were not very friendly, but just doing their job. I noticed the security guard watching tv....and was alarmed just to see a guy in an orange vest that said "security".

Oddly, the room was nicer than I was expecting and the bed was decent too. I wasn't expecting this as I was jaded by my earlier experience at a filthy Quality Inn in TN. After seeing some of the interesting people hanging around the neighboring rooms and driving in and out, I decided to empty my car completely. I know, I sound like a snob don't I....well I checked out the crime blotter for the area on my phone and read that there had been a robbery in the neighboring parking lot which resulted in a shooting, a few days earlier. So I made sure the door was locked. Luckily it was pouring, and I think this disabled some of the regular activity that happens at this motel at night. The TV kept timing out every hour, but other than that the room was decent for a motel.

In the morning as I was leaving, I was trying to pack up my car while holding my dog's leash. I put him in the front seat with the door cracked, and proceeded to try and shove my guitar back in my trunk. I was having some issues fitting it back in despite it fitting fine the day before. In my frustration, I didn't notice the 2 meth-head looking guys walking towards me, babbling fastly about what kind of guitar I had, did I need help, "Let me see it", and about ready to grab it, as my new rescued swamp dog knocked the front door open with his nose and barked like a crazy dog at them. They walked off pretty fast as their toothless hobo friends looked down from the balcony. If it had not been for my dog, I would have knocked the guy in the mouth with the guitar case.

I had also read that a few weeks earlier, up the street, a pregnant teenager was shot while sitting at a bus stop and died. I didn't realize that Charlotte was scarier than where I'm from...D.C.....and I'll never go back.

If you ever get off at the Sugar Creek Exit, it better be just to go through the "Cook Out" drive through, and nothing more.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
amotano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

My family stayed at the hotel for two nights. The staff was very friendly. I stayed at this hotel before and was very happy to see the renovated lobby and rooms. They had new furniture, carpet and beddings. The breakfast with hot waffles was GREAT! The location of the hotel is very nice since it is just right off of I85. It was very close to the airport and downtown. I would sure come back to this hotel next time when I am in the area. I recommend this hotel to my friends, colleages and clients all the time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Charlotte North - Speedway - UNCC - Research Park? Share your experiences!