“Miscommunication” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Woodlawn Rd. Near Carowinds

You added Days Inn Woodlawn Rd. Near Carowinds to your Saves list
Days Inn Woodlawn Rd. Near Carowinds
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   118 E. Woodlawn Rd., Charlotte, NC 28217 (Montclaire South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #111 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Asheville, North Carolina
“Miscommunication”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked this reservation a week ahead of time. My partner and myself were to stay Tuesday night in a king bed. During my reservation I asked also if I stayed at the hotel if I could leave my car at the hotel and take a shuttle to the airport. The attendant on the phone informed me that there was a charge for hotel parking if you did not have a reservation. I then asked, if I made a reservation would I be allowed to leave my car there free of charge. I was informed that I could do this.

Now.. Day of arrival:
I missed a phone call around 8pm Eastern time from Days Inn asking me to verify my reservation. I called back 10 minutes later to verify reservation only to find out that my king room had been given away. Due to Tuesday being a work day I was unable to get to Charlotte any earlier in the day. If pre-payment was necessary to book a room this should have been discussed or offered during my reservation phone call a week prior.

So we were given two double beds, which my partner and I had to sleep apart because of the size of beds.

Once we arrived the desk clerk displayed a very "cold" personality and also informed us that we could not leave our car at the hotel without paying a $5/day fee. I don't mind the $5/day fee, and it actually makes sense, but this is not what I was told when booking this room. I was told the parking would be free so long as I booked a reservation with the hotel.

I am disappointed with the service and communication that was offered during this recent stay. I was also disappointed to find the extremely strong smell of smoke in the lobby and hall ways.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Armada, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very clean quiet room. Larger than most. Helpful desk attendant. To solve the impossible left turn from the lot, go around back to the side road entrance. This will let you turn at the light. As far as the gentle mans club....it is not next door. It's down the road and decretely situated, no problem at all. The wifi does stink! I was never able to get a strong enough signal on my iPad. Other than the wifi, very good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I asked to use their bathroom prior to paying for the room, Black male in his early twenties told me: "Sorry for the Associates Only" Horrible Employees. It looked dirty, smells bad, Stay away from it. Right after I rented the room, I simply got my money back and left in the first 5 minutes of staying for not allowing me to use a bathroom when I had to pee so bad, and discomfort. I travel a lot, so this was the worst experience ever.

Room Tip: stay away from it, unless you're a drug addict.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for CIAA weekend. When we pulled up we where a little worried but that went away. It was in good location minutes away from downtown. I would stay here again the rooms was really clean. The staff was really nice. The rooms need to be updated. You have a lot of places to choose from to eat at ihop, theres a mexican restaurant some burger spot as well. Overall good spot to stay at

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Days Inn Woodlawn Rd. Near Carowinds? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Woodlawn Rd. Near Carowinds

Address: 118 E. Woodlawn Rd., Charlotte, NC 28217
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte > Montclaire South
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #111 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Woodlawn Rd. Near Carowinds 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Wyndham and Hotels.com so you can book your Days Inn Woodlawn Rd. Near Carowinds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Woodlawn Rd. Near Carowinds Hotel Charlotte
Charlotte Days Inn
Days Inn Charlotte

If you own or manage Days Inn Woodlawn Rd. Near Carowinds, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.