“Centrally located and quiet too” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place

You added Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place to your Saves list
Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 W WT Harris Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28262 (Mineral Springs)   |
Ranked #11 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Centrally located and quiet too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is very nice. I have stayed here for a week and I have no complaints. A real breakfast in the morning to include fresh made waffles ( if you are into that ) and the usual eggs, sausage and cubed fried potato's. In the evenings there is a happy hour with two free drinks for you so you can go down to the lobby and socialize.

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. I did not run into anyone where I thought they were just saying hi from script. Since I was there for a week, the manager would visit with me in the lobby to make conversation so that was nice as it did make me feel welcome. The pool and hot tub were in nice condition as well as the exercise room. My room was nice too and the bed and pillows were not overly used as some hotels would have you sleep on. All in all, when I come back for business or pleasure in the area, I will be staying here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We booked this hotel based on the reviews by TA's contributors and found that this hotel was worth the good reviews it has gotten. If you want easy access to an interstate, this fits the bill. Our room was clean, bed & pillows were comfortable and the staff was friendly & welcoming. The complimentary breakfast was adequate, had the hot dishes (eggs, sausage, oatmeal) as well as pastries, cold cereals, fruits. The complimentary happy-hour food & drinks were much appreciated & enjoyed. The only thing I missed that we usually get in other chain-hotels, was not having a safe in the room. But since we stayed only 1 night in Charlotte, it did not matter much this time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Me and a few girlfriends were in Charlotte for the dirty girl mud run. This hotel was close to where our run was so we decided to stay there. Everyone was friendly, rooms were clean, we got breakfast and dinner and TWO free cocktails. It is close to restaurants, a few bars and overall a very convenient location. Also had an indoor pool which was plus. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

There's are many reasons that I just booked by third stay in 4 months at this hotel. I frequently road trip from FL to DC. So, the first thing I want is a place that has quick access on and off I-95 and close to other amenities (restaurants, etc.). Drury Inn Charlotte University Place more than fit the bill here. There are two restaurants right across the street from the hotel. But, it didn't matter. In addition to a great continental breakfast bar, Drury Inn Charlotte University Place offers guests a Happy Hour dinner buffet in the evenings. The fact that I could go get a hot dog, salad, fries, and a beer without opening my wallet was another bonus. Second, I was looking for a reasonable rate since I'm typically only stopping to sleep for the night. While this hotel is not the cheapest, it's pretty darn close and well worth the extra $$ than to take a gamble on some of the other "best value" options. Finally, I'm a stickler for customer service. And the Drury Inn staff did not disappoint. Twice, I arrived after hours after a long drive and on both occasions, the desk clerk was courteous and professional.

I just booked my third stay at this hotel a few minutes ago. When I find a sure thing, I stick with it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here for the NHRA Nationals this past weekend for 3 days & 2 nights. The hotel is up to date on everything, very clean & employees are very nice. I was very surprised when my husband & I received 2 free drinks on Saturday during Happy Hour! Also, they do a movie night with free popcorn & soda from 7-10pm.

Room Tip: This hotel is also Pet friendly!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed there the beginning of September 2013. They have a great welcome to the hotel happy hour. Free drinks, free food, nice people. The rooms are a little small but very comfortable. The bed was very nice-no backache in the morning. The weekend we were there they had a large group of motorcyclists arrive. This could have become a rowdy situation. The staff handled the group very well and if you didn't see the bikes in the parking lot you would have never known the were there. As two old people we were very greatfull.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I booked this hotel, as others had done because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. The front desk staff, Florence and Cimone were very nice. The room was rather small. The bed were very HARD and uncomfortable. The walls were thin. We were able to hear the family getting ready in the wee hours of the morning for their departure.
The kids and my mother in law enjoyed the fresh popcorn and soda upon arrival. The breakfast was okay. I would have preferred a wider variety of fresh fruit. My kids enjoyed the waffles.
I was surprised about the staff and other patrons smoking at the front entrance. I did not enjoy breathing in the secondhand smoke multiple times during our brief stay.
A patron had asked me to open the door for her because she forgot her key. I did not open the door, as I had no idea if she was a patron or not. It was almost midnight. A staff member did open the door for her. I do not know what the hotel policy is for patrons opening the door for those the other patrons do not know personally. I think this issue should be addressed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I apologize that your recent stay with us was not perfect. We value honest feedback as it allows us to continuously monitor our services. I am sorry that you were not comfortable with our mattresses; we are planning to have all new bedding with our renovation which is slated for the first part of 2014. And thank you for your suggestions involving our breakfast offerings as we are always looking for our guest comments regarding our food. We will address your experience regarding the smoking near the doors and the hotel access with our team. We do keep our exterior doors secured, other than the front door, all day and require a key for entry.

During any stay, please contact us immediately upon encountering any situation that does not meet your expectation, as our goal is to correct situations while you are present. I would like to speak with you regarding your stay as we strive to be the best at what we do. If you would be so kind as to call the hotel and ask for me, that would be great.

Doug Uzelac

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place? Share your experiences!