“Not for an Extended Stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place

You added Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8211 University Executive Park Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #135 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
DC area
“Not for an Extended Stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I initially was given a smoking room, though I booked a non-smoking room, but the front desk was quick to fix the issue. The bathroom was not very clean, plus the shower only would dispense cold or very hot water - nothing in between. No toiletries or even soap. Free breakfast in the morning consisted of prepackaged oatmeal, granola bars and muffing, plus coffee and apples and oranges. The place is ok for a couple of nights but I wouldn't recommend it for an extended stay. Totally agree with other reviewers - you get what you pay for. I booked through Hotwire, so it was VERY cheap, otherwise I would have given it an even worse review (NO value for the price).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Davidson, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

So you choose to stay in the least expensive furnished apartments in northern Charlotte. Then you arrive in your room and see the recliner prominently placed before the TV and all doubt is removed as to the style and target clientele. Hey, I did fine here for six weeks waiting for my relocation home to be built, just don't think your experience will be similar to the Courtyard down the street. Rooms were tired, only baths were renovated and hallways smelled like frat house on Sunday morning. Staff was great though.

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your comments in regards to the staff being great are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that you were not happy with our renovations and that there was an odor in the hallways. In response to your feedback, I am taking preventative measures in providing a better ventilation system to provide a fresher smell in the hallways.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cup@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I just relocated here from RI and had to stay in a hotel for a little over a month straight. This hotel and the staff here are awesome. They made me feel comfortable, safe and welcome. Whenever i needed something they were right they to give me whatever i needed. Even outside the hotel, they're recommendations were helpful. Always positive energy and supportive, Caring and worried about everything. I would give this hotel MORE than just two stars.

• Stayed September 2013
Abbeville, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Hotel Staff is Awful...Room??...THE Running of THIS ''Hotel'' Is TERRIBLE...I Booked this thru Priceline...Thought I Was Getting A Hotel, you know, clean towels, bed made every day, room cleaned...NOT....And NOT Only Do I Have to Listen to People Walking Above Me Half The Night..Now a Screaming Child Across in the next Room...Hotel says Their Are NO Children there...I TOLD HER TO COME HEAR IT....STAY AWAY FROM EXTENDED STAY AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

the staff was rude, there was no breakfast.. coffee and granola bar no condiments and our room was not clean!I would have rather paid a little more to stay somewhere much nicer! Don't bother keep going!

• Stayed July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Room, kitchen and bath were awesome. Everything looked new! Very clean! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Concerns were resolved quickly. They made every guest feel welcomed on a daily basis - including those who really had an 'extended'' stay. Thanks!

Room Tip: Corner suites have two windows and are closer to exits. Front view is best if you occasionally like...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Shirley - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such pleasant things about our staff and how friendly they were to you during your stay. I am proud of our team for not only making you feel welcome, but for making all of our guests feel family.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The staff at this hotel was very kind and courteous considering the circumstances regarding our stay there. My family and I stayed there due to an emergency electrical issue that displaced us from our home. Red Cross paid for the first two nights on the third day my family and I were not sure whether we would be staying another night or not, but the staff was very patient in waiting our decision and when we decided we needed to stay another night we were charged the same discounted rate that we received for the two nights prior. The patience and friendliness that we received helped us to relax and concentrate on the next few days. The only complaint is that the bathroom sink and tub area may need some updating as there were stained in the tub and sink. The room was clean and had all the necessities needed for a family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a relaxing stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you letting us know that the bathroom sink and tub had stains. We are sorry for these issues are working toward repairs, but are happy to read that we provided you with a clean, comfortable room, and overall great stay at our hotel.

Been to Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place? Share your experiences!