“UPTOWN” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Greensboro, North Carolina
“UPTOWN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here with a couple of buddies for a guys get away. The hotel is smack dap in the heart of Uptown Charlotte. We went to the Charlotte Bobcats NBA game and it was literally a 1 minute walk to Time Warner Cable Arena. All kinds of Uptown entertainment is right at your disposal. The Lynx light rail train is also right there to take you to locations that are a little further. By the way, the room was very nice and so was the staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I'm just completing my stay here for a combination business/mini vacation trip. You couldn't ask for a more convenient location for exploring uptown Charlotte, so many wonderful restaurants, pubs and attractions within easy walking distance. The staff here are polite, friendly, and helpful.

I was pleasantly suprised to be upgraded to a concierge floor, the 15th floor. Since the majority of my visit was on the weekend, I wasn't able to fully appreciate the lounge, but it sure was nice to be able to grab a glass of wine and some snacks after a long Thursday road trip. The breakfast on Friday was also pleasant, the usual continental choices and included little mini-omlettes and great OJ and coffee.

The rooms have been upgraded, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, sink and mirror outside of the bathroom. The air conditioning unit is noisy when the fan is running but it's fairly easy to achieve a comfortable temperature with limited fan noise. Parking is $15/day but you can take your car in and out as much as you want. Overall a pleasant stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Like most people I know, I associate Holiday Inn with older hotels, but not this one. It is very modern. The lobby was so flashy I had to ask if I was in the right place. The front desk staff was fun and playful and really took the time to explain everything to me regarding parking and things to do. It is walking distance from anything worth doing in downtown Charlotte and whatever you can't walk to their shuttle with take you... FOR FREE. Great place. Great staff. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Sinks outside of bathroom. It didn't bother me but it took some getting use to.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I attended a convention in late October and stayed at the Holliday Inn. The hotel was 5 blocks from the convemtion center. This let me get up close and personal with people of Charlotte as I walked to and from the convention center. I felt safe at all times. The staff at the hotel was great and very attentive to my needs. The young lady on the 10th floor houskeeping was more than outstanding. If and when my travels take me bakc to Charlotte, I will stay at the Holliday Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Herst Tower. The building exterior is lighted at night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Most of the better hotels appear to be clustered in the downtown, which is very walkable. If you want more of a mid-range chose this is a great choice. It is dated, but is a good deal. I got my room for around $70 a night on Priceline plus fees. If you want good location and good value, this is a great choice. Very nice staff as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Asheboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our organization held a productive business meeting in a quite and friendly environment. We were delighted by the staff's positive attitude and delicious meal. Overall our group was very happy with the services provided.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Troy, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Service and value mean a lot to me and cleanliness is where I draw the line. I know things can go wrong, I also know things can be fixed. When I let the staff know about issues in my room and leave for the rest of the day I expect them to be fixed when I return. I also expected they would care when I told them they were not. So much for my expectations. Maybe I'm just spoiled by hotels that care.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family