“Convenient to Eastern Charlotte and close to Hwy 485” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlotte/Matthews Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlotte/Matthews Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlotte/Matthews Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 Sardis Rd North, Charlotte, NC 28227-7724 (Formerly Quality Inn Crown Point) (East Forest)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #89 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Grayson, Ga.
“Convenient to Eastern Charlotte and close to Hwy 485”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I read reviews that the bed was hard and the breakfast was not good. I have to disagree with both. My husband and I had a King size bed. I slept like a baby. My husband did say that he thought the mattress was hard but I did not think so. I might add that my husband has broken his back twice and is real picky. Also the breakfast bar was great in my opinion. The variety was super. I ate a hard boiled egg and made a waffle but there was also cereal, muffins, some sort of breakfast microwave type pizza, make your own GREAT waffles, yogurt, fruit, juice and sausage biscuits. There was more but that's all I can remember. I know there was juice and I had fantastic organic green tea. The selection was MORE than ample. It's a do it yourself breakfast , not a sit down and be waited on breakfast. I've had the same type breakfast at The Hampton Inn. Hey just a tip: you can bid on two and a half star hotels in Matthews and you might get lucky and get a room for $39 plus tax ($53 total) What a deal! It's located on the East side of Charlotte , not too far from Mint Hill. It's off Sardis Road N, not Sardis Road (for GPS purposes put in Crownpoint Executive Drive Charlotte 28227). My GPS and my sister's GPS in a different car did NOT have Sardis Road N. We wasted 45 minutes looking for the hotel off of Sardis Road. THIS hotel is NOT on Sardis ,but Sardis N. I hope that helps you to find the hotel.

Room Tip: Use Priceline and bid on two and a half star hotels
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Courtney C, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlotte/Matthews Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 704-845-2810.

Courtney Chesson
Guest Relations
BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlotte/Matthews Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We booked a package trip to North Carolina, Stayed in this hotel, Very Very nice, clean, good breakfast selection, quite, bed was great. Staff was very helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
myrtle beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

How did you purchase your hotel room...everyone scans credit cards. If you purchased your hotel room before you arrived that is much more unsecured than any other way. I've stayed at this hotel several times in the past 6 months and have never had a problem with credit card theft by "dishonest" employees. This is not a very good reason to give any hotel a negative review! Other than that how was your stay, was your room clean, how was the breakfast...thats what people want to hear!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

This hotel scans your drivers license and credit card into their computer. They say it for my benefit so another person can't walk in and pretend they are me. I don't believe that and I don't want to be in their system. It is more dangerous for me because their computers can be used by dishonest employees or hacked and I don't know the safeguards. I asked for the cards to be deleted from the computer after I left but the clerk said they can't be deleted. I'll call my credit card company tomorrow and the North Carolina Chamber of Commerce. The hotel clerk said all Best Westerns scan drivers licenses and credit cards. My room was paid ahead and was nonrefundable. I guess I will cancel my credit card after I get home. I want to inquire at the NC Chamber of Commerce and the NC Board of Corporations to see if this policy is legal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were slightly nervous about staying at a Best Western, but were pleasantly suprised with the room. The room was clean, reasonably updated for the star rating with lots of natural light. The front desk staff were very pleasant and accomodating (although they did not have shower caps or conditioner for your hair). However, the breakfast left alot to be desired. When the room was booked, it said "full" breakfast but it's actually a continental breakfast at best. The bread was stale, the fruit left alot to be desired so we eventually just grabbed some tea and coffee and ate a nice lunch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Courtney C, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlotte/Matthews Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Courtney Chesson
Guest Relations
Kernersville, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

First time I've stayed in a Best Western "Plus" hotel, and I'll stipulate that it is a step up from what I'm used to from the chain. The lobby had a small business area in the lobby which seemed nice with a couple of computers. The front desk folks were efficient and pleasant, and the decor seemed reasonably updated. So did my room. Bedding was comfortable, bathroom was large, and there was a mini fridge and microwave. Had the typical heating/cooling unit, loud but efficient. I was surprised that the TV wasn't a flat screen considering other improvements, but it was fine. My room was at the very end of the hall on the second floor, and I didn't hear any noise at all, praises be. My single complaint is the shower, which has a hand-held sprayer mounted in the corner. If you like to hold a sprayer, this was fine, but if you just wanted to stand under it in the traditional manner, it was difficult because of the corner setting. But a small quibble. On the whole, a good experience and a decent value.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

This hotel is now called "Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews". Technically, it's in Charlotte, but just a short distance from the Matthews city boundary, on Independence Blvd., a very busy urban arterial. The hotel is fine (although you can't open the windows), with friendly staff and a reasonable breakfast bar. The rooms are fully equipped, including refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker.

There's not much of interest in the surrounding area, however, other than other motels and chain restaurants. If you're looking for someplace to eat, I recommend Hops Brewery, about 1 mile down Independence in Matthews.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlotte/Matthews Hotel? Share your experiences!