“Perfect for a short term stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlotte/Matthews Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlotte/Matthews Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlotte/Matthews Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 Sardis Rd North, Charlotte, NC 28227-7724 (Formerly Quality Inn Crown Point) (East Forest)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #94 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Perfect for a short term stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were slightly nervous about staying at a Best Western, but were pleasantly suprised with the room. The room was clean, reasonably updated for the star rating with lots of natural light. The front desk staff were very pleasant and accomodating (although they did not have shower caps or conditioner for your hair). However, the breakfast left alot to be desired. When the room was booked, it said "full" breakfast but it's actually a continental breakfast at best. The bread was stale, the fruit left alot to be desired so we eventually just grabbed some tea and coffee and ate a nice lunch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Courtney C, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlotte/Matthews Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 704-845-2810.

Courtney Chesson
Guest Relations
BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlotte/Matthews Hotel

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kernersville, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

First time I've stayed in a Best Western "Plus" hotel, and I'll stipulate that it is a step up from what I'm used to from the chain. The lobby had a small business area in the lobby which seemed nice with a couple of computers. The front desk folks were efficient and pleasant, and the decor seemed reasonably updated. So did my room. Bedding was comfortable, bathroom was large, and there was a mini fridge and microwave. Had the typical heating/cooling unit, loud but efficient. I was surprised that the TV wasn't a flat screen considering other improvements, but it was fine. My room was at the very end of the hall on the second floor, and I didn't hear any noise at all, praises be. My single complaint is the shower, which has a hand-held sprayer mounted in the corner. If you like to hold a sprayer, this was fine, but if you just wanted to stand under it in the traditional manner, it was difficult because of the corner setting. But a small quibble. On the whole, a good experience and a decent value.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

This hotel is now called "Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews". Technically, it's in Charlotte, but just a short distance from the Matthews city boundary, on Independence Blvd., a very busy urban arterial. The hotel is fine (although you can't open the windows), with friendly staff and a reasonable breakfast bar. The rooms are fully equipped, including refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker.

There's not much of interest in the surrounding area, however, other than other motels and chain restaurants. If you're looking for someplace to eat, I recommend Hops Brewery, about 1 mile down Independence in Matthews.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Upon check-in, the front desk person wanted to scan my driver's license into the computer. This is completely unacceptable, as it puts guests at risk of identity theft. There is absolutely no need for ANY hotel, let alone a hotel as run-down and ghetto as this one, to be scanning/photocopying IDs. There are 10 million cases of ID theft every year in this country, and most of it is committed by employees with access to sensitive personal information, such as that on a driver's license. Photocopies of IDs can be used to obtain credit reports, apply for loans and credit cards over the internet, and open bank accounts by mail/internet. DL numbers are routinely used in check fraud, and if your DL number is misused, it will end up in a database run by ChexSystems.

I canceled my reservation and checked into a very nice Fairfield Inn right next door, and guess what... no scanning ids, no asking for IDs, etc. I also found it interesting that the manager of this hotel does not even have his full name on his business card, only his first initials. I guess he wants to put all of his customers at risk but not himself.

Even if the ID information isn't used for ID theft, it can still be used by the hotel to "collect" when they claim you broke something, or if they mischarge you, they can then use your name/dob/DL number to report a collection account on your credit report.

I strongly encourage anyone staying at this hotel to refuse to allow scanning of their ID and to stay elsewhere if the hotel refuses to check you in because of this.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

The room was spacious and clean...the bathroom immaculate, and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
G, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

This was my first time staying at a Best Western hotel and was I very disappointed. For starters the rooms have a terrible odor here 'MILDEW" and smoke in rooms that are supposed to be smoke-free. The service from the front desk should have set off a red flag for me but it was my last option for a room that weekend due to the CIAA tournament going on downtown which had every hotel booked for the weekend. It began to rain while I was there and my ceiling leaked tremendously, I reported the problem immediately because my laptop, luggage, and food was damaged but the staff seemed to not care. I felt they were just there for the shift because Sharon at the front desk said she was (My Yes Girl) and couldn't care less and they let me know I would have to talk to the manager who I haven't heard from yet. I called corporate about this problem and there saying I'm responsible for my personal property not the hotel, but it was there ceiling that leaked destroying my things. Please pay the extra money and go somewhere else with a concerned facility who definently will take care of any unfortunate incident as this one that happened to myself, Thanks!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

The property is clean ... yes. The staff (1 individual) .... lovely and helpful. Breakfast .... I should have packed one as the only non-carb/sugar/fat choice was a banana or apple. My biggest complaint was that in this age of eco-awareness and environmental concerns, I was stunned by the toxic air quality of the room. It was probably the cleaning products used, but immediately when I opened the door, the perfumed scent was overwhelming and made it extremely difficult spending the night in this hotel. I'm also concerned that the air conditioning unit vents have never been cleaned, and as the noise from operation was so loud, I was awakened each time it ran higher to cool. For these last two reasons, I couldn't possibly stay here again. Pay attention to these details and I definitely will.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Charlotte/Matthews Hotel? Share your experiences!