“POOR** WiFi** Hotel Owner need to FIX It..!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #74 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
New York City, New York
“POOR** WiFi** Hotel Owner need to FIX It..!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I travel to Charlotte, NC every week for work/business trip I like the location good condition and clean but I need to access my computer for wifi and work but the hotel has some of the WORST wifi internet connection I have seen. I stayed at a not so great hotel even then they had better internet service, that is why i rate is 3stars***TO THE OWNER AND MANAGERS ITS A GOOD HOTEL PLEASE FIX THE INTERNET AND PUT A PASSWORD FOR THE WIFI and NOT LEAVE IT OPEN****

Room Tip: Over All Good hotel
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

This Sleep Inn is very nice compared to other Sleep Inn properties. Large rooms, windows that open, very clean. But what really made it stand out was the level of customer service. When I came down late the first morning, Amyn, the GM, open up the kitchen for me and collected cereal, milk, pastry, etc so that I could have a late breakfast. He also offered to drive me to a local restaurant. When I needed to return a rental car, Karen picked me up at the rental location so that I wouldn't have to take the shuttle to the airport. These people couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

Very affordable. Very clean and comfortable. The staff and general manager were very helpful and welcoming. The stay here was not planned. Our flight to costa rica was cancelled due to the volcano eruption and we had to change plans and stay for a couple days to wait for the next available flight. There are a few restaurants within walking distance..although to get to any shopping malls, you will need to take a taxi. If you have a car, the hotel is very close to the interstate and downtown.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

This hotel is easily accessible from the interstate and within a few miles form downtown Charlotte. The rooms are very clean and spacious. It's a great value. Our only complaint was with the check-in. The desk clerk should have stayed home. She was clearly sick with a cold or the flu. It's difficult enough to try and remain healthy when we are traveling. So when we enter a hotel, we at least expect that we will not be greeted with someone who is sick and possible contagious with a virus. I understand that sometimes people have to come to work sick for many reasons, but you should not be the public's first contact.

Room Tip: The wi-fi was outstanding. Smokers use the outside and they are too close to the hotel entry.
Forest, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015 via mobile

I had a late flight home from CLT AP cancelled due to winter weather and was scurrying around looking for a decent and reasonably priced hotel with an airport shuttle. I looked at the reviews on this property and had some concerns and finally threw caution to the wind. I called the hotel to confirm they were running their shuttle and the gentleman who answered was a tad gruff (but not rude). He said yes to the shuttle but was checking in several guests and asked if I could call back in 10 mins. I said ok and went ahead and made my reservation on my CP phone app. I waited 10+ mins and called back to get the shuttle on the way. The same gentleman informed me that she was already on the way to the AP and told me where to look for her. Again he was a tad gruff and having read the review about the smelly shuttle, my expectations were very low. After waiting outside in the cold, the shuttle showed up and appeared to be a fairly new Toyota Sienna mini-van. Then the driver popped out and introduced herself as Karen and said she was here to take care of me which she did. She was a true southern angel that made my bad afternoon get better immediately. Also, the shuttle had leather seats and was very nice with no smell.

Upon arrival at the hotel, Karen asked me about my morning flight out and scheduled me on the appropriate AM shuttle. I was then greeted by the same gentleman from the phone who I am assuming is the GM and a friendly front desk clerk. The GM was much friendlier in-person than his phone demeanor set my expectations to be. My room was recently remodeled to the newer Sleep Inn decor. There was a slight smell (vs an odor) as I entered the room that was not necessarily bad but wasn't pleasant either. After getting settled in, I didn't really notice it except upon re-entry. The room was clean but lacked a suitcase rack. On the plus size, my king room had a nice plush easy chair in it which was nice. Most Sleep Inn's you are relegated to sitting in the desk chair while watching TV so that was a pleasant surprise. I also ran into another hotel employee in the hallway while looking for the ice machine and she was very friendly as well.

My only real physical quirks with my room were the bathroom faucet barely extended over the full size sink and made it difficult to wash your hands and lead to large amounts of water getting splashed up onto the countertop. The HVAC unit did not have continuous fan mode which I like to have some "white noise" when I go to bed to cover up minor noises. After I turned off the TV to go to bed, I noticed the floor above my room was very "creaky" when the upper level guests were walking around and was annoying. Without the fan noise to drown this out, it could have been a problem. Luckily, I found a "positive noise" generator app for my iPad that fixes this problem. This app (Relax Melodies) will generate white-noise, rainfall, wind chimes, etc. and will do so all night or you can set a timer for up to 30 mins for automatic turn-off.

The next morning I went to breakfast which was so-so but pretty standard for a Sleep Inn. I checked out and waited for the shuttle to the AP and low & behold, there was Karen again to send me on my way back home. She is probably the best part of this property.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

I had a bad experience with my room being cancelled for the CIAA. I booked the room for my grandfather which is a Premium Member with Choice Hotels. They didn't want to make any exceptions with pricing even though he stays with them all the time and the price was booked in advance at 149 a night we were charged 199 . Nonetheless when we got there I was a little bothered but the valet Ms. Karen definitely changed my perception of their service level. She is the prime example of Southern Hospitality !! She needs a promotion because whoever is at the desk needs to be retrained by her. She always asked did we need anything, when front desk agents wouldn't even look up if you were standing right in front of the desk. The little things count !! I work in the hotel industry myself so I know what it means to make a lasting impression. I would not spend my own money to stay at this location again but if its booked by points I would . Its clean and has a decent breakfast.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

Their slogan is a joke!! I called the front desk with a couple complaints and they said that it is what it is. They could move me to another room but it would probably have the same issues with the TV. It would not pick up any channels with out pixels on the screen and the sound going in and out. After a long day working its nice to rest a few hours in front of the tv before going to bed. You cant do that here. Also while checking in, the clerk behind the desk started demanding a credit card from a person walking behind me. Definitely not a friendly welcome for me.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn Billy Graham Parkway? Share your experiences!