“Good and cheap for busy weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #42 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Edenton, North Carolina
“Good and cheap for busy weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here for one night while in town for the ACC Championship Football game. I booked the place just a few days before the game, but got a good room and the AAA discount. Parking is right up front. They let us check in early. Room had microwave, mini-fridge, and nice TV. NO fitness center on site. They have coffee and tea 24 hours. We didn't get back from the game until after midnight, but there was someone at the front desk actually awake and paying attention. The breakfast was a bit lacking on low carb options. The location is convenient to UNC-Charlotte and the hospital, and there is a decent shopping place across the street with nice restaurants. Fast food within walking distance. It took about 20 minutes to get downtown in pretty heavy traffic. If you are going to BOA Stadium, you within a 3/4 mile walk of the stadium without a transfer, or right in front of the stadium with a transfer at the Transit Center. It may be worth it to avoid the hassles and costs of parking. WARNING: The hotel is right off I-85, but they are doing lots of construction on Tryon Rd. and vicinity. Plan accordingly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us during the Belk Bowl! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I really appreciate your review. Uptown Charlotte is easily accessable from our location and a much better value then uptown hotels. Thank you for mentioning the convienience of the bus stop in front of the hotel. When the construction is over we will have a light rail line connecting us to uptown. We hope to see you on return trips to Charlotte!
Sam Lucas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

It was a nice and a clean experience. The breakfast was better than average. The front desk was nice and polite. The location of the hotel was very good. Pretty much everything was nearby. The quality of the bed was nice that gave a good sleeping experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I appreciate that you took the time to write this review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found us convienient to all of the great restaurants this area has to offer. We hope to see you on your next trip to charlotte and please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.
Happy Holidays!
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We just stopped for the one night on the way through to Asheville and were happy with our stay. The room was clean. The pool was fun and the check in staff were nice.

It was located not far from restaurants that we drove to. There was nothing particularly special about this hotel but as it is a chain hotel designed for a short stay we weren't expecting anything amazing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I am sorry there was a noisey group of kids during your stay. We do our best to monitor the hallways to limit this problem but somtimes they get past us. I appreciate your review and hope you will consider staying with us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Rooms were alright and the service at the desk was WONDERFUL, but the teenagers running up and down the halls was a BIG negative. Slept okay other than them laughing and giggling and going from room to room. Walls are a bit thin, so every door slam sounded like it was right in your ear.

Room Tip: Ice machines are on every other floor. 1,3 and 5
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I am sorry that kids were noisey and running up and down the halls. We do our best to track them down and talk to the parents to get them to quiet down. Thank you for mentioning our front desk staff. We do our best to hire, train and maintain the best talent in this industry. I am lucky to have such an outgoing and friendly staff.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went to a concert in Charlotte and chose the Sleep Inn because of the closeness of the Amptheater. We parked our car and went to check in,there were 3 guys sitting on a bench in front of the hotel with a case of Budwiser sitting there getting drunk, NOT A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION.......Checked into room,the rooms are older and could use updateing.. Staff was nice and helpful. the free breakfest was good and the best part of the stay......

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte for a Concert! I appreciate your review. I am sorry you did not have a great first impression. I am surprised about your comment on our rooms being older as we just completed renovations updating everything less then 2 years ago. I hope you enjoyed your stay and please let me know if there is anything I can help with in the future.
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean. The price was nice and the location was excellent for our main purpose: Charlotte Raceway. This hotel was a wonderful deal, and we will certainly stay here again, next time we need to go to Charlotte Motor Speedway!

Room Tip: We stayed in a smoking room by choice and were surprised to discover that the smell did not linger...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us while in town for a race! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on future trips to Charlotte!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

As with any hotel things can change from stay to stay. Over the past two years I have spent at least 10 nights here. When something was amiss I found the staff response to be good. I have always been treated well. I hope I am booked here in the future. Actually I will be back here in the next few days.

• Stayed October 2013
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I really appreciate your review. We look forward to seeing you on future trips and please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance.
Sam Lucas

Been to Sleep Inn University Place? Share your experiences!