“This is a great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #45 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“This is a great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was by far one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was extremely pleasant and the room was very clean. Rooms were nicely decorated and even had flat screen tvs! Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby in an upscale neighborhood!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. This area has so many things to see and do and I appreciate that you chose to stay with us. I hope to see you on future trips!

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Jesup, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had just come from a very intense month away from home and beofre going back to a hectic work schedule, I just need a day and a night of quiet isolation and rest. I stopped at the Sleep In in Charlotte hoping I would find it there and was not disappointed. The rooms were clean and simply, but stylish decorated. No old bedspreads or bad paintings from the 80's here. The rooms looked like they had been recently repainted and refurbished, and smelled clean and fresh with no trace of tobacco smoke. I was staying by myself, but had a large Queen-sized bed, plenty of room to store my baggage, and a clean and modern bathroom. I arrived quite early in the day so I had time to visit the small, but well maintained pool, and then retired to my room for rest and some movies. I called to the front-desk and asked for a late check out and they were happy to oblige. The staff there was courteous and helpful in every way. All in all, I got exactly what I was looking for- a clean, comfortable, well-appointed room where I got some much need solitude and undisturbed rest. And the breakfast the next morning was good too. Thanks Sleep Inn for a great stay! I would definitely come again and highly recommend to anyone looking for an affordable hotel that doesn't feel cheap to get a peaceful nights rest.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Charlotte! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I really appreciate that you took the time to recommend us on Trip Advisor. We hope your future visit's will include a trip back to the Sleep Inn.
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I planned a weekend together and decided to stay at the Sleep Inn. The rooms were okay- a little smaller than what we're used to but they were tolerable. The service was fine and the hotel was in a convenient location. On our last night at the hotel, however, my husband and I came back from dinner and as we walked through the lobby there was a strong smell of marijuana- when we got to the 2nd floor there was loud music playing and we could still smell the marijuana- that sort of put a damper on what was a good weekend up until that point. Next time we'll opt for a smoke free hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your weekend gettaway in Charlotte! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that you smelled marijuana while going to your room on the last night of your stay. We do not allow guests to smoke this but it does take some time to find who it is and get them to stop. I appologize for this happening during your stay.
Please let me know if I can be of any help in the future.
Central Islip, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

The beds are very very small. My husband and I had to take turns turning over. My mother in law thought she could have her 2 nieces in one bed and her and her daughter in another but the doubles are twins. So they have no kings, queens that are doubles and doubles that are twins. The only good thing is that you can walk to restaurants and Walgreens. The rooms are too small...hell the pillows are small. Never again.

• Stayed December 2012
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate that you took the time to write your review. I am sorry you felt the room was too small. We do have rooms with one queen bed, or two double beds, unfortunatly, not two queen beds. Please let me know if I can be of any help in the future.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The room was very elegantly decorated; I wanted to take a picture as soon as I walked in! I was momentarily disappointed not to have a bathtub, but I think that was my own fault for not paying attention when I booked. Anyway, the shower was very roomy. The bed was comfy, there was more room than I needed to store clothes, and the full-length mirror was a bonus. Having two food places practically in the parking lot is extremely convenient. I phoned in a to-go order at Shoney's for dinner and walked right over! I didn't try the continental breakfast because an extra hour of sleep always wins out with me, lol. My stay was quiet, the desk staff were very friendly, and it was the ideal location for going to my doctor's appointment (hospital right across the street). I will book again if I need to return to Charlotte.

Room Tip: Make sure you check to see if your room has a tub or just a shower.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte! I really appreciate your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Tarboro, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Sleep Inn University Place Hotel in Charlotte is a good hotel to stay; clean, updated, very accommodated. I have stayed there recently for an conference that I have attended at UNC Charlotte and I loved my experience. Overall nice place to stay!! :)

Room Tip: It's a bit noisy at times but its a great hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I appreciate you staying with us while visiting UNCC. You cannot beat the convenience of the campus located less than a mile away. I am really happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you on future Charlotte visits.
Greenville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

It was fair hotel, updated and clean. It was a little noisy from the nearby busy intersection and the Bojangles in front. The room was small and with a growing tween sharing our room it was tight. The door to the bathroom was just a sliding door and we felt we had very little privacy. I guess the breakfast was adequate for the price. Lots of prepackaged items. They had biscuits but no gravy. We did have a great buffet breakfast at the Shoney's right next door. Not sure if we'd stay again, maybe in a pinch or for the price. Oh and we did have a nice fire alarm at 6am one morning when toast got stuck in a toaster!

Room Tip: Get an upper floor room and in back for decreased noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Charlotte. I'm really sorry for the fire alarm sounding. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. We switched to prepackaged items for freshness and sanitation for our breakfast items. We still offer the fresh golden malted waffles and fresh fruit and yogurt. I really appreciate that you took time to write this reveiw.
Sam Lucas

Been to Sleep Inn University Place? Share your experiences!