“Great Place To Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tarboro, North Carolina, United States
“Great Place To Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Sleep Inn University Place Hotel in Charlotte is a good hotel to stay; clean, updated, very accommodated. I have stayed there recently for an conference that I have attended at UNC Charlotte and I loved my experience. Overall nice place to stay!! :)

Room Tip: It's a bit noisy at times but its a great hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I appreciate you staying with us while visiting UNCC. You cannot beat the convenience of the campus located less than a mile away. I am really happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you on future Charlotte visits.
Sam Lucas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Greenville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

It was fair hotel, updated and clean. It was a little noisy from the nearby busy intersection and the Bojangles in front. The room was small and with a growing tween sharing our room it was tight. The door to the bathroom was just a sliding door and we felt we had very little privacy. I guess the breakfast was adequate for the price. Lots of prepackaged items. They had biscuits but no gravy. We did have a great buffet breakfast at the Shoney's right next door. Not sure if we'd stay again, maybe in a pinch or for the price. Oh and we did have a nice fire alarm at 6am one morning when toast got stuck in a toaster!

Room Tip: Get an upper floor room and in back for decreased noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Charlotte. I'm really sorry for the fire alarm sounding. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. We switched to prepackaged items for freshness and sanitation for our breakfast items. We still offer the fresh golden malted waffles and fresh fruit and yogurt. I really appreciate that you took time to write this reveiw.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Perfectly located for work in the north Charlotte area near hospital, university and all Charlotte attractions including Panther stadium and Nascar HOF... Numerous restaurants - including my quick fave Bojanges (next door) as well as upscale favorites for Steak, Sushi, Sports Bars and convenient to Wallgreens... This is a very well managed hotel. The GM, Sam is an absolute gentleman and from the desk staff to room care everyone is very pleasant and helpful. Very nice breakfast nook, outdoor pool and wonderful contemporary rooms that are comfortable and totally state of the art from the flat screen tvs to the great wifi service... You'll get a very affordable rate with the same type accommodations as others charge twice as much - so get a sweet rest for the cost of the best... don't overlook this wonderful place when looking for a wonderful place to stay! Also very convenient to all the major thoroughfares for easy travel in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous! My boss stayed here as well and he was glad he did.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I really appreciate all of the kind things you have to say. We have completely renovated everything and I am happy that you and your boss enjoyed your stay.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We needed a quick place to spend the night before the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 5K that was close to downtown and also pet friendly. This hotel worked out perfectly for us and we got such a great rate for a one night stay. We checked in very late but the women at the front desk was very nice and got us checked in quickly. The hotel itself looked like it had just been renovated and were greeted by a very clean room. The gentleman at the front desk in the morning was very friendly and he even allowed us to have a little bit later checkout time so that we had a little extra time to rest after the race before heading back home. I was very pleased by the great customer service that we received on this stay and the cleanliness of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us during the Suzan G. Komen breast cancer 5k! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to have a late check out for some extra rest after the race. I hope you visit Charlotte again for future races or events like this one.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My last review of this hotel (mostly) concerned the unique rooms and how much we like them. I had to comment this time concerning our most recent stay and the great hotel employees.

They had issues (all night) getting our key cards to work. The management worked on this, going from the desk to the 5th floor, for hours. In the meantime, each and everytime we left the room and wanted back in, mangement went up to the room and let us in. We were in town for the RUSH concert, so when we finally came in for the night they had fixed the problem. They were very appologetic (every time), which makes the electronic key issue a non-issue for us.

We will be back this month (November 2012) for another show!

Room Tip: All rooms are newly designed in a unique way.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your understanding with the Key problem. Our new encoder is working great and we are investing in the latest technology to avoid this from happening again. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you for the next concert.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel on sept 30 2012. It was one night stay, business trip. I check in late due to late arrival. For the price my room was great. Service was excellent. And the hotel is in a great location, with restaurants near by. Definitely positive experience over all.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for staying with us while on town for business. I really appreciate that you took the time to write this review. We hope to see you for future visits to Charlotte!
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My job entails traveling almost every week, every year, so I am familiar with almost every national hotel chain. My recent stay in Charlotte was my first at a Sleep Inn and frankly, I was amazed and pleased. I usually ask a lot of questions during my hotel stays re: where to get gas, recommended restaurants, the best/fastest roads to my client destinations, and where to food shop (I sometimes prefer to eat in my hotel room to maximize my time and keep costs in line). I received immediate and accurate info from the front desk staff and found them to be very pleasant. The breakfast hostess and the housekeepers were equally helpful and seemed to be happy to be working there. I ran into the hotel Manager and commented on these observations to him and found out that many of his staff had been there for years. That spoke volumes to me at a time when few businesses are able to retain good people, and it explained why the service was so good and the hotel so clean. My stay here had everything I needed for me to conduct business without worries: a comfortable bed, substantial breakfast, large flat screen TV, a micro-fridge combo, and even an oversized shower. All that plus truly nice people who appreciated me and never gave the impression I was bothering them. This will be my ongoing home away from home whenever I return to Charlotte. Overall, this is a fabulous value and really was an "excellent surprise."

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
gmnc005, General Manager at Sleep Inn University Place, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Charlotte. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It was nice talking with you at checkout time. I really appreciate that you took the time to post your review. This area has so much to offer and we are always happy to help guests find their way around. We look forward to seeing you on future trips at your new home away from home.
Sam Lucas

Been to Sleep Inn University Place? Share your experiences!