“Not bad but definitely not good.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place - E. McCullough Dr.

You added Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place - E. McCullough Dr. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place - E. McCullough Dr.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   123 East McCullough Dr., Charlotte, NC 28262 (Formerly Studio Plus Charlotte/University Place)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #102 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Miami Beach, Florida
“Not bad but definitely not good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here for almost 2 months on business. The first month wasn't too bad, except for exactly what the previous reviewer said : "excessive creaking in floor from overhead room. Loud. Not just footsteps, but floor that needs repaired with new screws put in subfloor"....this was so annoying!!! The first night I heard it, I could not sleep!!!
Then, month 2 rolls around. Cockroaches. You read right. I did not expect this reading previous reviews. And these are not little ones either. FULL GROWN COCKROACHES. I cannot stand bugs and could barely sleep. I would recommend this place for a week or less stay but no longer than that. Best part was the friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place - E. McCullough Dr., responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us with your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room and that you were disturbed by noises throughout the night. In response to your comments, I am working with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am very glad that our staff was so friendly to you during your visit.

Again, thank you for your feedback. If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at (704) 510-0108.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had a good experience after I got moved to a better room. My first room had excessive creaking in floor from overhead room. Loud. Not just footsteps, but floor that needs repaired with new screws put in subfloor. It had no lamp in living room. The overhead lights are new florescents and too white. The phone had no instructions and a voicemail light blinking. It had no hairdryer and no shampoo and that was not made clear on reservation. Furnishings had missing trim. One over head light was burned out. Curtain moving rod was off and leaning against floor. Stove was old. Burn in counter top not repaired.
After asking for a new room I was moved to third floor and found the room much better, newer looking, but still had trim on furniture missing.
There is no elevator.
It was very clean and the bathroom looked remodeled.
It looked like a hotel that had a facelift a few years ago, but that maintenance is not done well.
The staff was always courteous and helpful.
The breakfast is just what is says - coffee, juice, oatmeal, bars, muffins, oranges. This is not a place for those who like to eat breakfast, but for those who usually have coffee and a bar.
The price for the space with a kitchen was excellent, though.
It is like a Day's Inn quality, but if maintenance would be done and a better breakfast it would be like a Comfort Suite.

Room Tip: 3rd floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
carol2442
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the rooms and friendliness of the staff. The front desk girl allowed an early check in without any problems. Great location to get uptown and many close by restaurants. This hotel is close to Highway 85 and 77 exchange. Great deal could even be a 3-star experience!! I recommend this hotel if you are looking for an economical price but a 3 star experience and hospitality!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place - E. McCullough Dr., responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Carol - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm very pleased to hear that you found your room to be clean and our staff so friendly.

Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The room itself was quite dated and the bathroom was definitely in need of an upgrade. The vanity looked like it had been recently repaired from water damage.I was+ told that there were no ice machines because the rooms had a refrigerator. On the plus side the staff did everything they could to accommodate my requests. I arrived late at night and had a reservation for 2 but no linens for the fold out bed. The staff promptly brought me some linens.The staff was very kind and courteous throughout my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place - E. McCullough Dr., responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. I am sorry that we do not provide ice machines at our hotel; however, I am glad that our staff told you about the ice trays in your room. As well, I am pleased to hear that our staff was so helpful to you during your visit.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I don't usually stay in extended stay hotels, and I didn't know what to expect. I was surprised and very pleased just how nice and accomodating the staff was at this hotel. I have spent a lot more elsewhere and had service that was not half as nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Riverside, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Upon early arrival to hotel found staff to be accomidating. Grounds outside were beatiful and well maintained and when we opened the door saw a fabulous room as to large size and a kitchen and how much of an apt it resembled. Desk staff called room and asked if we were satisfied with the room and we said yes and enjoyed not having maid service knocking on door every morning but were there to take care of our needs if needed. Close to places to eat, and a walmart super center and banks and freeways. Grab breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor our non smoking.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jamie B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place - E. McCullough Dr., responded to this review, October 31, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Matthews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Upon arrival i got upgraded at no extra charge which was great, the woman checking me in was nice and did a great job especially considering they had a lightning strike days before and she had to check me in manually. The room was nice and clean and big, the front desk clerk also called to make sure the room was satisfactory which i appreciated. Although the hall had a smoky smell the room smelled clean and was comfortable. All in all i was very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place - E. McCullough Dr., responded to this review, August 24, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Thank you!

Been to Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place - E. McCullough Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place - E. McCullough Dr.

Address: 123 East McCullough Dr., Charlotte, NC 28262 (Formerly Studio Plus Charlotte/University Place)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Ranked #102 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place - E. McCullough Dr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place - E. McCullough Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Charlotte - University Place - E. McCullough Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.