“beyond expectations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village
Ranked #39 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Hong Kong, China
“beyond expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is very good in room conditions, staff, and external environment. Although it locates at the boundarty of the uptown, it only takes 20-30 minutes' walk to the city center because the city Charlotte is small. There are bus stops in front of the hotel.
The only problem is the you can hear cleaurly the voice from the corridor, and sometimes from your neighboor room...
Generally it is a very good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks for staying here with us. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great facility. Staff and service could not have been better. Probably the best Sunday brunch that we have ever had at any hotel. I would certainly go back and would reccomend it to anyone with complete confidence. Location is great for entertainment ,dining and shopping while in the Charlotte area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Your comments about your stay with us made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable. So glad you enjoyed your brunch. Hope to see you again soon,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

26 dollars to park in their garage, something Inherently wrong with that. I guess I could have parked 4 blocks away and let the locals have their way with my 45k dollar automobile. The hotel was nice I just think thats a bit excessive.

• Stayed November 2012
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Please know that our parking rates are competitive with all hotels in Uptown Charlotte, in most cases we are lower.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you in the future.
Middle Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was at the Hotel for a business trip, the Staff was friendly, the Valet service was great and the room was a good place to relax and set up nicely for working. I would recommend this hotel for anyone that needs close proximity to the interstate for daily travel in the Charlotte area, and a place close enough to Downtown without the hassle of traffic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels.......
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I arrived Friday afternoon right at 3:00 PM. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient, offering two of their signature cookies for my and my travel companion. My room was ready and I was able to park in their parking deck using my room key. The room was spacious and very clean. It had a comfortable bed, good size bathroom, desk space and a flat screen TV. Checkout on Saturday at 11:00 AM was super quick - I was at the desk no longer than 3 minutes.

The hotel overall was quiet and exceptionally clean. All staff that I came in contact with was friendly and helpful and most importantly courteous. My only complaint was the price for parking (about $5 cheaper would seem more reasonable), although that would not keep me from staying here again. I wish all my hotel experiences could be like this one!

The hotel was within walking distance to the heart of Uptown (approx. 5 blocks). I walked to dinner and back with no problem. I highly recommend this property and will certainly be staying here during my next trip to Charlotte.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff knocked your socks off and that the property offered you the just right amount of space for you to spread out and relax. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here just for a day before moving to days inn. it was very expensive for me because I booked very late. Doubletree is the perfect place for people who have come temporarily and work at trade street. Very clean and highly courteous staff. only demerit I would say is expensiveness.please book in advance to clear that.

• Stayed October 2012
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). We look forward to welcoming you back.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Having been a long time Hilton Honors member, I am increasingly bummed out by the diminished quality of alot of the brand's properties. This one is one of the nicer ones I've been to in quite a while. Haven't really explored around, but seems pretty convenient to downtown biz district and the staff is super friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us. So glad you were able to experience our authentic DoubleTree hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village? Share your experiences!