“The Absolute Best” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, Texas
“The Absolute Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

I have stayed may places and this is the first one that actually made me want to write about this hotel. I recently joined the Hilton Honors program and the staff greeted me by name and appreciated me for joining. The girls at the front desk really enjoyed their job. You could also tell the guest also loved being there because the lobby was packed with people for their evening dinner every day we were there. Nicole and Janon were very sweet and pleasant. My husband forgot to pack a few things and the girls were happy to assist us with a smile. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very very friendly. If u are ever in Charlotte, I strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

We cannot say enough good things about the Hampton Inn - Charlotte University. We had several people coming in from out of town for a funeral. They were able to accommodate everyone's needs. They assisted us with a meeting room so that after the funeral all the family/friends could spend a leisurely time reminiscing about “Memaw” (Our beloved, 80 year old, Great Grandmother, family Matriarch).

The hotel itself and the rooms were all very clean, very comfortable. We would definitely stay here in the future.

The staff was very friendly, so helpful, and so considerate. They provided us with a lot of local information/directions.

Sue and Andy, et al
Visitors from TN, TX, LA, NC

• Stayed January 2011
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

I did not have anything bad happen to me at this hotel. The service was very good and hotel was very clean. I had a renovated room which was very clean. The location is near the freeway and near many restaurants.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

First of all when we arrived all seemed well then when we was setteling up in our room the bugs appeared. When squashed it appeared to have blood in them. I quietly took then to the front desk, so not to make a scene before other guests we were moved to another room on the first floor at the decision of the desk clerk. We moved into the room and no refigerator, no microwave but the was ok. The worst problem was we were located across from a party room. We asked the counter clerk Nicole West ,if they could close the door as they were so loud it appeared they were in our room and nothing was done. She said she closed the door but they reopened it. This was the worst stay we have ever had at any hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
CLTUV, General Manager at Hampton Inn University Place, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Dear valued guest,

Please allow us to once again, in writing rather than in person, reiterate our sincerest regrets for the difficulties experienced during your stay with us. I am so pleased that everything was in order upon your arrival as we take great pride in warmly welcoming our guests to the property. I understand how frustrating it must have been to check into a hotel hoping to get a little R&R only to encounter a bug in your room; the insect you discovered was a seasonal Lady Bug of sort that has a pair of red antennas and occasionally slips in through our HVAC units. I assure you, we religiously practice any and all established methods of pest control. Because we were nearly sold out that evening, we were unable to match your exact upgraded room type upon the request to be moved. Thus, we offered from our limited availability a complimentary transfer which happened to be near one of our meeting rooms. I understand you were informed that the meeting room would be in use a short period longer and that you agreed to take the room regardless. We gladly closed the door as you referenced, but, as mentioned, there were a few times that door was opened and closed by those utilizing the room thereafter. Because we understood how these instances upset you, we waived all charges for your stay as it was clear your satisfaction was not 100%. If there was anything else we could have done despite our best efforts to satisfy you within our physical capacity and the complimentary stay please feel free to contact me directly at: 704-548-0905.

Warm regards

Keith Elliott, General Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

My company had booked the Hampton Inn because the Hilton didn't have any rooms left. We were greeted with a huge smile and such friendly service, offering water, coffee, and making sure things were good. The great service continued throughout my stay. The women at the front desk and working the food area were full of smiles, happy, cheerful talk and offering great advice about the city. The shuttle helped us get from one location to the next, the coffee was delicious and of course the service was exceptional!

Thank you so very much! I have already recommended the Hampton Inn to many friends and family!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

This is the second time I've stayed here and both trips were for concerts. Hotel is minutes away from Verizon Wireless Amphitheater with many restaurants and shopping centers closeby. The busy traffic intersection is the downside to being so close to all the activity, but the hotel is quiet despite all that. We got a great rate by booking online with the "no refund" deal. Being confident we would stay there after a previous visit we enjoyed made that commitment pretty easy.
Check-in was completely painless. Shemekia was very friendly and approachable, and I appreciated her attention to detail. Our room was great--king bed, N/S with a mini fridge and microwave. The room was clean and very comfortable. Nothing except home can beat a Hampton bed. The bathroom had been renovated with new granite countertops and new cabinetry, but I was disappointed to see the tub area was still original. We had an issue with the shower curtain rod, but I reported it and was pleased to find it had been resolved when we returned from the concert.
For my next trip to that area, I am positive I will return to this hotel. It is clean, comfortable, conveniently located, and very affordable. Hampton Inns are my favorite hotels, and this one did not disappoint.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Lexington, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I stayed here for a concert I attended with my wife. If you are going to The Verizon Wireless Ampitheater this is the perfect hotel. It's just over 2 miles away and a straight shot to and from. The staff is extra nice and absolutely blew us away with how nice they were. The rooms are your standard Hampton Inn quality. I've never been disappointed at a Hampton Inn and this one definitely lived up to the Hampton name.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn University Place? Share your experiences!