“Beautiful Hotel...would stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8340 N. Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28262   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 15%
Ranked #29 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Beautiful Hotel...would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was in a great location. The rooms are situated a little weird though and the property was not taken care of very well. The rooms were amazing! Clean, very comfortable bed and the appliances in the kitchenette were new and nice quality. The bathroom though was not as nice, really bad painting jobs, bad plaster jobs. It was fine just a weird contrast compared to the quality of the rest of the room. My only other complaint would be that our rooms where double charged, when I called the front desk they acknowledged the mistake but didn't really act like it was a big deal. All in all, I would stay again, but the hotel has a few things to fix.

• Stayed December 2012
Courtney R, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review. Your review was insightful and please note that everything in your review that was in error has been rectified. We have hired one of the best landscaping companies in the Charlotte, NC to re-envision our property, and minor details regretfully over looked have been redone and are flawless. I thank you for staying here with us and for your valued input in making our property that much better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Leduc AB Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Overall this was a average older hotel. Needs Some maintenance here and there, Nothing Really major though. The Rooms reasonably clean. Customer service was excellent and They were very accommodating And helpful.

• Stayed October 2012
Courtney R, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Customer service really does makes the difference! All of us here at the Homewood Suites, pride ourselves in that, and go that extra mile to make you feel at home. We truly are your, “Home Away From Home!’ With that said; while you have been away we have been undergoing a small renovation to address some of your concerns. We are updating our property’s exterior, as well as a few interior items and amenities. We just want your, “Home Away From Home”, to look as great as the quality of service we provide.

At Your Service,

Courtney D. Rice, Assistant General Manager
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte North/University Research Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My stay was great. The suite was comfy and clean. The food served for breakfast and dinner were of good quality. I will stay here again when I come back to Charlotte. My only complaint is the 9am contruction work being done at my bedroom window. That was not a good thing. On another note. The breakfast/dinner hostess was very helpful and friendly. Housekeepers were also great. Front desk staff were efficient.

• Stayed October 2012
Courtney R, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I am ecstatic that your stay at our hotel was exceptionally great! And yes, we are undergoing a minor renovation which may prove cumbersome a times; however and
more importantly, I am glad that our staff made you welcome, at ease and at “HOME”! We all look forward to you expeditious return.

Courtney Rice
Assistant General Manager
tobeor82b
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

One of the best parts about this hotel was the staff. They were very friendly and helpful. They had a hot breakfast every morning I was there which was very good. Some great choices to make. They would also service dinner M-F which both the Breakfast and dinner were included in the price of the room. These three components made the stay nice. The room itself was much older more like an older apartment building. The walls, floor and ceiling were VERY thin and you heard everything people would say do, walk around on the floor and many other things in their room. Made sleep extremely difficult. No desk in the room so doing a lot of work on the computer didn't work very well. The rooms did have a nice refrigerator, microwave, dishes and such which helped to be able to fix things if you wanted something different or unique for your tastes. There was a small table, but the chairs were more like kitchen type chairs so again working at a computer was that great. However, if it were a place you wanted to go to for family fun, it would be a nice place as it did have a pool and weight room. Not being able to get a good night's sleep is why I rated this hotel average at best. However as you can see there were many good points.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
tien n, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would first and foremost like to thank you for your stay and review of our wonderful hotel. As you may have seen during your stay, we are under renovation an improving the very things addressed in your review. We here are sincerely apologetic for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay. However, we definitely want to invite you back at your leisure see what all that noise was about!

At Your Service,

Courtney D. Rice, Assistant General Manager
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The suite was really nice, but everything was so noisy: From the air conditioning to the thin walls and ceiling to the buses parked outside during the DNC Convention.

The nightly dinners were great. The rooms were clean and well furnished. Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Try and get a suite near the lake and far from the road and parking areas.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Courtney R, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
I do thank you first and foremost for your honest review. I would like for you to know that the buses were just as much as a surprise to us, as to many other guest. However, after one complaint [maybe from you?], we asked all bus drivers to turn off their engines off while they were waiting and it worked to a great extent. Since your stay with us we have under gone a minor renovation which tackled the majority of your concerns.

Once again, we thank you and “Welcome You Home”, anytime!
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

safe, clean, great breakfast and DINNER mon-thurs evenings. nice pool and workout room, very convenient to downtown charlotte and 2 nice malls. free access to a nearby gym with all the workout equipment. lots of well lit, safe parking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
tien n, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Flathman,

My name is Tien Ning and I am the general manager at the Homewood Suites – Charlotte / University and I wanted to take a few moments to thank you for taking your time to fill out a review concerning your stay. I am very pleased to read that you had a satisfying stay with us. Through our staff and amenities – we try our best to make you, as our guest, feel comfortable and most at home while you are here on business or for leisurely purposes. On behalf of all of us here, we would like to thank you for your positive review and look forward to hosting you in the near future once more. If you need any assistance booking a reservation, do not hesitate to contact me directly. The same applies to any questions, concerns, or comments you may have. Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences with us and I do hope to hear from you soon.

In Hospitality,

Tien Ning
Tien.Ning@Hilton.com
Marion, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were referred to this location by a friend. We staying in a king suite. We had a door in our room which took us right to the pool. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable! The pillows were awesome...so awesome I just ordered 2 from the Homewood Suites Collection. The parking was good, customer service was excellent, and the price was affordable. I saw some ratings that said it had seen its better days... I disagree. Completely satisfied and will stay when we return back to Charlotte.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
tien n, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear April M,

I am Tien Ning the general manager here at Homewood Suites – Charlotte / University and I wanted to take a few moments to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for hotels.com. As you may have noticed from previous reviews, we do take these seriously and we always strive to make sure your stay here is comfortable and easy. We have a great team and I am extremely pleased that our staff and amenities were able to provide you with an excellent stay with us.

When you return to the Charlotte area, please contact me directly so I can assist you in making your reservation.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to hosting you once more.

In Hospitality,

Tien Ning
Tien.Ning@Hilton.com

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park

Address: 8340 N. Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28262
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
#22 Romantic Hotel in Charlotte
#23 Family Hotel in Charlotte
#27 Business Hotel in Charlotte
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites Charlotte
Homewood Charlotte
Charlotte Homewood Suites

If you own or manage Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte-North/University Research Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.