“Nice hotel, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road

You added Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2950 Oak Lake Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28208 (Formerly AmeriSuites) (Eagle Lake)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #24 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Macon, GA
“Nice hotel, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a long weekend in Charlotte and stayed here for 3 nights. We enjoyed the spacious room and the tasty breakfast in the mornings. I found myself on the couch more than I've been in a long time (I'm a bi-vocational youth pastor so I'm always on the go) and just flipping through the channels.
My only complaint, and it's not really a complaint as much as just a slight "first world problem" annoyance, is that the walls seem to be super thin. We could hear the couple next to us... and I'll leave it at that. Also, the bathroom echoed like a cave, which makes using the restroom a little, ahem, interesting.
Other than that, no complaints at all, and it was quiet overall (minus the thin walls). Comfy beds, nice facility, and in a good central location to malls, shopping centers, pubs, and attractions. Also, a great value for such a nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here for a night while traveling through Charlotte airport. Easy pickup at the airport, quick and friendly check in, and a clean room. We we warned that the only remaining room was near an elevator, but we never heard it during the night.

The place has a nice small bar (manned by the front desk staff), which offers light food options. It also has a deli case with salads, sandwiches, and desserts.

Overall it was much more than I expected from an airport hotel that offers service mainly to those awaiting morning flights.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed here after a later flight getting back to the US. They have a shuttle from the airport. It is a very nice hotel and great features, including breakfast and Starbucks. Breakfast could be a little better, but it is already better than the standard hotel breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just leavinv the Hyatt Place Airport location..... Outstanding.
The rooms are Extremely Spacious...its like being at home!!! Cozy sectional, Large swivel flat screen, comfy beds and service to die for....
Big thank you to Darrell and the front desk staff...they went above and beyond the call of duty when I needed additional assistance. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Hotel in very good condition. The room is pretty big with a salon. The TV can be seen from both sides. The wifi was very slow for us on the 6th floor but there are 2 PC available downstairs with printing.
The breakfast has homemade hot sandwiches and pain perdu/pancakes plus all the classics. Bar and freshly made food (sandwich, pizza, cookies) are available inside the hotel. Otherwise there are food options close by. Free shuttle to/from airport.
One of the best we've had on our 2000 miles roadtrip.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bryan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

After a rather disappointing experience at another area hotel, my travel agent was able to snag a room here for me, even though the basketball tournament was in town. I told the front desk it was a last minute reservation after a bad experience. The front desk gentleman was so very kind to me (I was still shaking from my bad experience), and introduced himself and the other front desk clerks. He assured me that if I needed anything, i just needed to let him know. After getting settled in, i wandered back down to find a quick bite to eat. The gentlemen then walked outside with me and pointed out some places I could walk to...and assured me again that I was safe. I just really appreciated his kindness. There were a few worn spots in the hotel, but that happens. My room was clean, granite countertops, beautiful TV and very restful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014, I checked out at the Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road and mistakenly left my Space Grey 32Gb Apple iPad Mini with Retina Display Serial #DLXLN2H8FCM6 (valued $650.00) on the bed of the room. When I realized I left the iPad Mini in the room, I called the evening of January 29, 2014 on or about 5:30 PM, and told an employee at the reception desk that I had left the iPad Mini in the room. The employee took my name and number and said they will look for it and get back to me. I was never called back. I called back a few hours later on or about 9:30PM, and another employee did the same thing as the first one. To my dismay, yet again no one bother to call me back. At around 1 AM on Thursday January 30, 2014, I called again, and another employee did the same thing as the last two. As previously, no one followed up with me. At this point I was really frustrated, and realized nothing was being done to locate the iPad Mini. The morning of January 30, 2014, I called again and yet again another employee took my name and number. This last person called me back a few hours later reporting that nothing was found. By now almost a full day had passed since I checked out. I know I left it on the bed and I am 100% sure someone must have found it, but may not want to turn it in. With that being said, I filed a report to the Charlotte Police Department reporting it being stolen. I provided them with the hotel name where the incident happened. It is clear to me that some protocols were not followed. While I do not want to point fingers, I am pretty sure that either the room service people must have found the iPad Mini or had the first two employees who I had spoken to been diligent about searching for the iPad Mini it could have been found.
On Monday, February 10, 2014, a woman called me and said she found my iPad. When I asked how she found it, she said she doesn't know, her husband found it. For the next two days, I tried to make shipping arrangements with her, but was unsuccessful each time. Please note that I know the woman full name and address as she provided that information to me when she called in the hopes of having a pre-paid shipping label made for her.
On Thursday, February 13, 2014, I called the hotel once again and asked for this woman (to see if she was an employee there), and in fact she was. Furthermore, she was the maid who cleaned my room, and initially said she didn't not see anything in the room. The hotel GM confirmed this to me and said that they cannot do anything about this, or my claim and I would need to take it up with the police. I find it unacceptable that I know who has my iPad yet the hotel GM said that nothing can be done about this. I find this unacceptable that the GM cannot do anything about this especially since I know exactly who has my iPad.

Room Tip: Lock all your properties in a safe in the room.