You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South to your Saves list
Ranked #69 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
South Carolina
“Good Stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2008

Stayed here 2 nights on a business trip. Good hotel. No problems. Requested late check out and it was granted with no problems. Did not use breakfast, pool or exercise facility.

Stayed February 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Greensboro,North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

I stayed at this hotel the weekend and I had a great time. The hotel was okay it is in okay condition, but I wish the breakfast would be better than what it was. The room we stayed in was clean and tidy, but the bathroom doors needed to be fixed because they would not close. The beds are very comfortable and I have no complaints there. Overall my stay was great and the staff was great as well and the check in was fast it only took me 5 mins. and I was checked in.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

My brother gets a corporate rate at this hotel, so we booked a terrific rate thru him. We were on our way back to Atlanta from D.C. and this was a good stop-over point.

The one requirement we had was a double room with a rollaway bed, as my younger child is a "wiggler" and nobody really likes to share a bed with him. Unfortunately, N.C. doesn't allow this configuration due to fire laws. While we were talking to the staff on the phone (while on the road), the last remaining room at our rate was taken by somebody on the Internet. The staff member at the desk immediately upgraded us to a king-sized suite: a room with a king-sized bed in one room, and a pull-out sofa in another. She said we could use a rollaway bed in there.

When we arrived at the hotel, it turned out they didn't have any more rollaway beds! My husband went downstairs with our son to talk to them about the situation, and due to his negotiations (flirting is more like it) and the fact that they thought our son was just so darn cute (he is), they gave us another room across the hall... FREE!!!!! So my husband and I each shared a room with a child that night. (They're not old enough for us to take advantage of having our own room, unfortunately)

The rooms themselves were spacious and comfortable. I especially loved the curved shower rod and the shower curtain in the bathroom. The room also had a fridge and a microwave (I think) but we didn't use them. My husband said the breakfast buffet was nothing to write home about, so we didn't eat there in the morning. Also, he didn't think his bed was so comfortable, but I slept great.

The other issue with this hotel is that it's quite a bit off the beaten path with regard to I-85. Normally, on trips like this, we stay at hotels that are no more than 1-2 miles from a major road. This one seemed to be about 5 miles off I-85, on Billy Graham Parkway. We just kept going and going and going and thinking, "where the heck is it?" Of course, we eventually found it, but it's just not that convenient for I-85 travellers. From what I hear, it's very close to I-77 and the airport (but we didn't hear any planes).

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel whole-heartedly!

Stayed December 2007
Oak Island, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2007

We chose this property because of its close proximity to the airport and the fact that we could park there and fly out the next morning. The front desk staff went out of their way to be helpful
in locating a restaurant for us and giving us much needed driving details. We found it clean and quiet.
The breakfast bar was above average and well maintained. Overall, at about $80,this was good value and we would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Convenience to the Airport
  • Disliked — irregular shuttl;e service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

Nice, Clean and comfortable hotel for the money. The complimentry breakfast was good and fresh. The staff were no help at all with information regarding tourist sites or directions. As a front desk employee of a hotel you should at least be familiar with some tourist
information and road direction. All in all if you have your maps and tourist information handy this is a good hotel for a short stay.

• Liked — clean and nice breakfast
  • Disliked — Staff not well informed re tourist information and road directions
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
PlantCity,Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2006

Had the pleasure of staying here on a recent business trip.The facility was everything a good hotel needs to be.I am not sure if all rooms are suites,but mine was ,making this a great place for small families .It had a seperate bedroom,with a large TV in both the livingroom and bedroom,each with full satellite chanels and livingroom having fold out bed in the sofa..The complimentary breakfast was awsume ,with the best Belgian waffles I've had anywhere.All the staff were extremely helpful ,and seemed to enjoy doing just that (good ole southern hospitality).I did not have a lot of time to explore ,so it was quite refreshing to find out I could get one of the best steaks in town right next door .The Omaha Steak House is just steps from the front door ,making dinner plans more than simple.I suggest if you like this type restaurant you give it a try,you won't bedisappointed.Last but not least it is minutes from the airport and only 2 blocks from I-77,making it accessible from just about anywhere.

• Liked — Hospitality
  • Disliked — Not in a location with outside entertainment or activities
  • Tips/Secrets — none
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2006

I stayed here the first time when I was relocating to Charlotte and needed to house hunt. The location is accessible to most areas. The rooms were clean and in excellent condition. The free breakfast in the morning had lots of options. It also has free high speed internet which was perfect since I was trying to find an apartment and needed to use my laptop for online resources. The staff is also polite and friendly. I liked it so much I stayed here again when I came back the next weekend to continue my search and would highly recommend it. You also can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business