“home again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road

You added Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road to your Saves list
Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5816 Westpark Drive, Charlotte, NC 28217 (Montclaire South)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Shop n' Stay
Ranked #56 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Delran, New Jersey
“home again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Visiting Charlotte again we stayed here,as always very friendly staff clean rooms reasonably priced.Glad we we got to see Victor for a short time ,he always makes us feel like family and not just guests.Back again in the spring.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was my second stay here, the last was 18 mos. ago. I picked the Residence Inn because I knew what to expect and was not disappointed.The staff was helpful and friendly, the room was clean and quiet.Even better was The Marriott across the parking lot had a wonderful full service bar.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a studio room. Very nice large room. Full kitchen just like all RI rooms are famous for. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Breakfast area was a little small but still had a lot to choose from - enough hot & cold items to choose from. Would definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: hotel is close to the interstate so keep that in mind when beuing assigned your room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Falmouth, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn Charlotte South- i77/Tyvola Rd for four nights while at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte. I can tell you that although the week was crazy with tourists, media, secret service etc... the staff at the Residence Inn were top notch. They never skipped a beat, even with all of the craziness in their city and in their hotel that week. They were friendly, helpful and efficient. The staff went out of their way to make our trip better, even giving our group a ride to pick up the train into town whenever we needed it. They upgraded many of our rooms so that our stay would be more pleasurable. They helped us use the grill by the pool so that we could make lunch on-site. In fact, I've never had a better experience with the staff at a hotel. In particular I remember Victor's warmth at the front desk, and their Sales Director, Tina Crossland...although there were many others. The rooms were very spacious and clean. I also loved sleeping in their king sized beds- very comfortable!

Thank you to the first rate staff at the Residence Inn Charlotte South/I-77/Tyvola Rd. You made all the difference and helped make out trip to Charlotte, NC even better.

Room Tip: We thought all of the rooms were well layed out although the ones closest to the front desk were clo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The room was very spacious, I had two flat screen TVs (one in the LR and one in the BR) and a full kitchen. The only reason why I didn't give this hotel 5 stars is because when I first arrived to building 12 after checking in, the entry is into building 11, the hallway had an old odor. However, after being out for most of the day, the odor was cleared up. The hallway in building 11 needs more lighting and need to be updated. The room on the other hand was great, clean, and spacious.

Room Tip: Use any discounts you may have.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and have had good experiences both times. I usually write tons of good and bad about hotels but this one I totally average. No problems, decent staff, decent rooms, and decent breakfast. The only complaints I have are that the flat screen TV had sound issues and the hotel lobby common bathroom was poorly taken care of. I'll upload a pic do you can see for yourself. Not a bad hotel at all.

• Stayed August 2012
North Cackalack
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

These people will take care of anything for you. Anything that is not going perfect for you will be handled. Easy. Can't say enough. Wish I could take them with me to every hotel I stay at. Easy going and focused on YOU, the customer. Stayed here for almost 4 weeks on business and it felt like home. They will go out of their way for the customer that can appreciate those sorts of things. And who couldn't appreciate that?

If you want a low price, but are afraid of where the low price will get you, come stay here and find out what it's like to be treated with exemplary customer service.

Levi. Victor. Stay big!
-Dave Brooks

Room Tip: The two floor rooms are BALLER. I highly suggest getting one of those if you are sharing your trip w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road? Share your experiences!