“Let say thank to the front desk!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Chapel Hill

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Chapel Hill to your Saves list
Quality Inn Chapel Hill
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1740 Fordham Blvd, Hwy 15-501, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 (Formerly Hampton Inn Chapel Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 16 hotels in Chapel Hill
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Let say thank to the front desk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We arrived without reservations and were able to be put right in, and the young man at the front desk Theatric was a great help and resource for us being from out of town he helped us a lot!!! Her was also very kind and polite! We just wanted to aknowledge him and let the facility know what a wonderful front desk clerk you have!! We had no where to go and were glad to be able to get right in a room !!!! Thank you Theatric for all you have done for us and do!! Also we were very thrilled with the cleanliness of the rooms and hotel all over ground and such! Thank you to the housekeeping staff as well!! The continental Breakfast was just what we needed!! Thank you Quality Inn for making our stay so wonderful!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Edward D, General Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Wilmington, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is an older motel but its strong points are friendly staff, cleanliness and the continental breakfast.
On the negative side; Several receptacles in the room needs to be replaced as they would not hold a lamp or hairdryer plug without falling out. This is a cheap fix that would prevent this annoyance. Also the sink must of had some type of water saver installed since there wasn't enough water pressure to rinse toothpaste down the drain.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Oib,Nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you are in the Chapel Hill area. Check in pleasant, had our room just the way I requested it. Rooms larger than usual because this is an older building but you would have never know from the inside of the room. The king size bed was FANTASTIC!!!!! The first night we had had car trouble and our car was towed to the hotel by East Coast Towing delivered us to the front door and placed our car so it could be easily picked up the next day. The front desk staff provided us with directions to stores and restaurants within walking distance, lucky for us. Nice and quite over night even though we were on Fordham Blvd. which is quite busy. I plan on going to CH again and I will stay at this wonderful accommodation.

Room Tip: king with sofa very comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Alvin S, Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review. I am glad to know that the staff was able to assist you with all of your needs. We appreciate our guests and thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you are back in town!
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed one week at this Quality Inn and were very impressed with it. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Especially Sofi at the front desk and Kam, the lady who maintains the breakfast area. The room was clean and very comfortable. I especially liked the quiet, efficient A/C unit. When one of the light bulbs in the room burnt out, I called the front desk and WITHIN MINUTES a maintainance man was at our door with a new bulb! We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast every morning; they had fresh waffles, yogurt, cereal, assorted pastries, muffins, fresh fruit and juices. Kam kept the place clean and well stocked. I will definitely stay here again. The hotel is a little hard to find because it is set back from the side road and is surrounded by trees (which gives it a very park-like setting.) Look for a service road parallel to Fordham Blvd. It is worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! Sofi and Kam are two bright spots that truly care about our guests and people. We are continually working to improve our hotel and focus on you, the guest. Please come back to see us again when you are in town!
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am in the hotel industry so I have high expectations & they were met! Each guest services agent we interacted with was polite, professional & friendly. The room was clean, you could tell it was an older property though. It needed some maintenance, but was nice overall. The pool looked clean & well kept, tho unfortunately we weren't there long enough to use it. The only downside was breakfast, the waffle machine was down & there wasn't alot of options, as many of the other guests were commenting. Overall very nice & we'll be back!

Room Tip: No elevators, so req 1st floor if you don't travel light!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alvin S, Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our property. Please accept my apologies for our shortcomings in the breakfast area. We will surely make sure that the issue is addressed. We try to give the best service possible so I am glad the staff was friendly and professional! Please come back to visit us again!
Denville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel didn't blow me away, but it had everything we needed for a very enjoyable stay. The pool was a great temperature, clean, and not overly chlorine-y. The front desk was very friendly, the rooms were clean, and I was pleasantly surprised by the complimentary breakfast spread.

I was visiting UNC, which was a very short and easy drive away. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate you giving us great feedback about our property. We acknowledge the shortcomings as well as the things we are doing well. We will surely make an effort to continue to service our guests the best way possible! Please come back to see us again.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay this weekend at this hotel. Formerly a Hampton Inn, the property is clean, well-maintained, and just far enough off the main highway that it is very inviting and quiet.

My room was excellent. Furniture, carpet, and countertops in the bathroom area were all very clean and looked very well-maintained.

I did not get to eat the continental breakfast because I slept too late, but if it was on-par with other Quality Inns I have stayed at, I'm sure it is much the same - waffles, yogurt, cereals, etc.

The only negatives I can offer about my stay are the following: Check-out time is at 12 noon and the housekeeping staff woke me out of a sound sleep at 9am to do service. I got in late and wanted to take advantage of sleeping late, which did not happen. I called out and said I was still sleeping and they attempted to enter the room anyway. Less than an hour later someone attempted to enter the room again without even knocking. If I had not had the extra security lock turned over on the door they could have entered without any great effort. Also, there were no 'do not disturb' placards available to hang on the door.

Lastly, the hotel is very hard to find via GPS. The address listed does not even get you close to the hotel unfortunately. Once on the grounds my GPS listed the location as being off of a 'service road', not off Fordham Blvd. The service road parallels Fordham, and this may be why it gets confused. Be wary, and have the phone number on hand in case you get lost.

Very clean, a great value, and a great close location to downtown Chapel Hill. Just try to clarify when housekeeping will do service in the mornings so you can truly take advantage of a nice, late checkout time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Chapel Hill? Share your experiences!