“Very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Chapel Hill

You added Quality Inn Chapel Hill to your Saves list
Quality Inn Chapel Hill
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1740 Fordham Blvd, Hwy 15-501, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 (Formerly Hampton Inn Chapel Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Denville, New Jersey
“Very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel didn't blow me away, but it had everything we needed for a very enjoyable stay. The pool was a great temperature, clean, and not overly chlorine-y. The front desk was very friendly, the rooms were clean, and I was pleasantly surprised by the complimentary breakfast spread.

I was visiting UNC, which was a very short and easy drive away. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Alvin S, Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate you giving us great feedback about our property. We acknowledge the shortcomings as well as the things we are doing well. We will surely make an effort to continue to service our guests the best way possible! Please come back to see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay this weekend at this hotel. Formerly a Hampton Inn, the property is clean, well-maintained, and just far enough off the main highway that it is very inviting and quiet.

My room was excellent. Furniture, carpet, and countertops in the bathroom area were all very clean and looked very well-maintained.

I did not get to eat the continental breakfast because I slept too late, but if it was on-par with other Quality Inns I have stayed at, I'm sure it is much the same - waffles, yogurt, cereals, etc.

The only negatives I can offer about my stay are the following: Check-out time is at 12 noon and the housekeeping staff woke me out of a sound sleep at 9am to do service. I got in late and wanted to take advantage of sleeping late, which did not happen. I called out and said I was still sleeping and they attempted to enter the room anyway. Less than an hour later someone attempted to enter the room again without even knocking. If I had not had the extra security lock turned over on the door they could have entered without any great effort. Also, there were no 'do not disturb' placards available to hang on the door.

Lastly, the hotel is very hard to find via GPS. The address listed does not even get you close to the hotel unfortunately. Once on the grounds my GPS listed the location as being off of a 'service road', not off Fordham Blvd. The service road parallels Fordham, and this may be why it gets confused. Be wary, and have the phone number on hand in case you get lost.

Very clean, a great value, and a great close location to downtown Chapel Hill. Just try to clarify when housekeeping will do service in the mornings so you can truly take advantage of a nice, late checkout time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Edward D, General Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here for a night on our way to Myrtle Beach. Great price, room was small but comfortable, nice pool, friendly and helpful staff. We had two kids with us (11 and 7), they loved the pool. If you are staying for a long time, probably not your place. But for a night or two, it served its purpose well. Convenient to UNC campus and places to eat. Only drawback...worst pillows in history. Bring your own.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
EastCoast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Had to grab a place for 2 nights while visiting my daughter at UNC (campus just a few minutes away). It was clean, quiet, light breakfast, and everything I needed (no passw'd internet!) Would have loved to spend time at the small pool, but didn't. Slightly older property, but rooms were great, as was landscaping. Very nice, helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Alvin S, Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! Our goal is to please all of our guests, every time. We are happy that we were able to give you an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again in the future and again, thank you from all of the staff!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The vanity & toilet were visibly dirty & easily wiped clean by us. The coffee maker did not work. There was no liner in trash can. In our neighboring room, there was a very loud domestic issue around 11pm that continued on the deck outside our door. They appeared to be "residents" rather than guests. Upon arrival in the evening & even upon leaving the next morning, there was an older gentlemen seated outside his downstairs room just down from the office who was intoxicated & surrounded by beer cans for all to see & pass by. The atmosphere gave our family an uneasy, not safe, scary feeling. The hotel appears to now be a "home" for many. We were very disappointed. We stayed here when it was Hampton & had only great experiences. We will not return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We take all of the feedback of our guests very seriously and thank you for your insight. We will look to improve on the items you mentioned and hope that you and all of our guests will look at the entire picture of our reviews as opposed to a one off stay.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a great stay at Quality Inn Chapel Hill. The room was very clean with all the comforts we needed - blow dryer, iron, toiletries, etc. There was a nice little outdoor pool that some children were splashing in when we arrived. Although we didn't' swim in the pool, it appeared to be very clean and well kept. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. I was pleasantly surprised to find a very nice breakfast available in the morning in the lobby - waffles, cereal, breads/pastries, fruit, etc. It was overall a wonderful experience and although I will be moving to Chapel Hill and won't likely need to stay again, I will recommend it to all friends and family that may come to visit! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We are grateful that you would recommend our hotel to others. It is because of guests like you that we continue to try to improve based on feedback. Thank you again from all of the staff.
Normal, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I arrived early and the desk clerk was very helpful in getting me settled in a very nice room, with a bit of an up grade as well. Nice, clean, quiet, comfortable, good breakfast and a tad bit hard to find. It sits back from the highway and you can miss it if you don't keep a careful watch. If your Garmin GPS takes you into a car dealer you are close, just up the hill, but not quite there.

Venere.com reserved this room for me and I will use them again for sure. Good experience with their service..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Alvin S, General Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased when our guests leave with a pleasant experience behind them. I hope that you will come visit us again when you are in the area!

Been to Quality Inn Chapel Hill? Share your experiences!