“Best Hotel Experience Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Chapel Hill

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Chapel Hill to your Saves list
Quality Inn Chapel Hill
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1740 Fordham Blvd, Hwy 15-501, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 (Formerly Hampton Inn Chapel Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 16 hotels in Chapel Hill
winston salem, nc
“Best Hotel Experience Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

I was truly impressed by the Hampton Inn. At check-in, they had "The Fifth Quarter", a food spread with BBQ, baked beans, etc. I'm not really in to that type of food but I though it was a great effort. The front desk clerks offered us free bottled water and after hearing that we were visiting Chapel Hill, they gave us a list of local restaurants with brief descriptions, a coupon magazine for local spots, and a Chapel Hill magazine.

Upon reaching our room, I was surprised by the high quality. The room definitely looks like it has been updated recently. It has modern wood furniture including an armoire (substituting for a closet) and really nice all-white bed furnishings. The mattress, sheets and pillows were all very soft and comfortable. I usually stay at slightly cheaper hotels, but I didn't expect this much of a jump in quality. Oh, and the room had a nice, light fragrance to it when we first entered. I hate that old, musty smell of most hotel rooms.

The pool looked clean and well maintained but we didn't get to swim with our packed schedule.

Their vending machine stole our quarters, but the night desk clerk gave us 2 bottles of water for free (they normally sell the bottles for $.50 each)

And a bonus that's not listed anywhere for the hotel is that it is approximately 3/10 of a mile from a bar & grill in the neighboring shopping center. So we walked down the service road to the bar (btw its a chain so its clean and nice looking) after an evening on Franklin Street, and we got to drink til our heart's content and not worry about taxis or a DD. It worked out really well especially since this was a mini-vacation for all of us.

I want to reiterate that the employees were all more than just polite, they were warm, friendly people and I really appreciated that.

• Liked — The beds were super comfortable
  • Disliked — The price was a little steep (over $130/nt)
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

I had been on the road for 2 weeks staying at hotels for around $60-70 per night and only booked in here because I had a coupon from the Roomsaver magazine for a $70 stay. I am so glad I stopped here - it was the first hotel in 2 weeks that wasn't on a main road, had a leafy garden and restful pool. The owner and front desk clerk were professional and provided great service. I can't say how happy and relieved I was to stay at a quiet, clean, comfortable hotel like this
one.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn Chapel Hill? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn Chapel Hill

Address: 1740 Fordham Blvd, Hwy 15-501, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 (Formerly Hampton Inn Chapel Hill)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Chapel Hill
Ranked #14 of 16 hotels in Chapel Hill
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn Chapel Hill 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Choice Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Quality Inn Chapel Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Chapel Hill Hotel Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Quality Inn Chapel Hill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.